Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Doctrines for the One Royal Bearn.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 09:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Doctrines for the One Royal Bearn.

well i have been watch ing the television program "Ross kemp in afganistan" and i really liked the name of the regiment he has been attached to. so i thought my regiment could be a royal regiment.

so, i have a bit of fluff. which is mainly based around them being from an aristocratic world named Bearn (hense the royal bit) and i already know that they are a grenadiers regiment with a use of carapace armour. but i cannot think of the other 3 doctrines, i do want to use them, but i don't know how.

any ideas?
Old 22 Feb 2008, 18:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Doctrines for the One Royal Bearn.

I suggest writing up a bit of fluff and letting the doctrine ideas flow from that. Much more in the spirit of the doctrine system and it'll be easier than trying to hammer your fluff into fitting your army.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2008, 18:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

ok cheers.

well i have sort of got a rough idea. they go like this

Grenadiers - Such a monastic planet trains its men from a very young age, this makes them very skilled at what they do.
Carapace Armour- The Troopers who don't make the position of Kasrkin are still very good and the planet can afford to invest in their survival.
Cameoline- The Mud Flats of Bearn are wet and barren, little cover can be found and so the troopers learn to blend in with the terrain.
Veterans- The Training process is long and hard, often troopers will be maimed or injured, those who survive are much better for it. the harsh training and the long campaigning years have built a strong elite army.

how does this sound to you guys?
Iron Discipline
Old 23 Feb 2008, 19:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchris
Carapace Armour- The Troopers who don't make the position of Kasrkin are still very good and the planet can afford to invest in their survival.
Ugh, okay, there are no Kasrkin out of the Cadian military. Your grenadiers would be something else. Also, I think that many people don't know what Carapace armor really is. I know it gives a 4+ save, but if a regiment isn't equipped with it, that doesn't mean that they don't care about the survival of their troops. Fluff-wise, while carapace does off more protection than flak, it's bulky and heavy, thereby restricting the movement of the troops. You trade maneuverability with armor, which could doom the troops instead of saving them.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2008, 19:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

well, not nessercarily (sp? i never can spell it) if the troops are gbig, burly and trained since birth to carry its weight then it should work fine. it would not hinder them if they are adjusted to it and grow strong enough to carry it i would have thought.
Old 23 Feb 2008, 20:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

So? They're still doing to be big, bulky, and a lot less maneuverable than a guardsman wearing flak. Carapace does not equal better troop survival.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote