Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

whats beter Armoured fist or infantry
Old 12 Feb 2008, 00:14   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default whats beter Armoured fist or infantry

I was doing some math and was trying to figure out which does more damage to meq.

I found that an armoured with a missle launch squad and chirmara with Hull heavy bolter muiltlazer and heavy stubber did more damage to meq then 2 infantry with missles and grenade launchers. On top of that the tank can move and shoot so it wont get into close combat as fast as troops will.
Treben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2008, 00:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: whats beter Armoured fist or infantry

Yes but marines tend to have alot of predators and lascannon devestators if their facing AC. Tanks go down in one shot. Not 120 guardsmen. Plus your being much to general. There are HUNDREDS of types of guard armies. Your also forgetting that most guard armies will have tons of tanks with them, AC or not.
Old 12 Feb 2008, 00:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Depends. Properly outfitted with heavy weapons and plasma guns, two infantry squads will do much more damage.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2008, 22:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The problem with MEQ-hunting is power-armor; while Plasma normally counteracts this, the risk that you may lose your gunner is rather high, while your accuracy also suffers. For MEQ-hunting, one popular option is the infiltrated Stormtrooper squad with dual plasmarifles, their increased BS and armor save helping to increase their overall firepower vs. MEQs. Carapaced Veterans are also good candidates for Plasma.

For your core troops, you'll probably want to stick with basic rather than armored-fist squads. At the least, the Platoon Command Squads will help keep your army in line, or if you are going for either a Master-Vox leadership path, or the Veteran/COD path, then the extra Platoon Command Squads make for good throwaway units, the ability to cram 4 flamers making for a lot of wounds and saves a MEQ squad will have to go through assuming you can properly deliver them.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 22:46   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Armoured fist not Armoured Company. I was thinking of going Mechinzed.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 22:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treben
Armoured fist not Armoured Company. I was thinking of going Mechinzed.
The Mechanized doctrine is not worth your trouble, mainly because it becomes prohibitively expensive and impractical in a lot of cases (such as having to take a transport for fire support/antitank squads, which will never use the transports). While the Chimera has a decent amount of firepower, it is fragile and easy to hit on its sides, making it into little more than a pretty tinderbox.

If you really want a good mechanized core of infantry, then the Grenadiers Doctrine would do you better. You have better-shooting troops with more Plasma goodness, while being capable of withstanding most AP5 weapons.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 23:13   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well the reason I wanted to try it is I am now working on a Chimera made of plastic card. It looks pretty good.

While I'm doing this I am drawing down the size of the parts that make it. That way I can scan the paper template, print it, tape it on a sheet of plastic card, cut along the lines add a few w stuff like dosser blades Hbolter lasguns, symbols, Extra comms and boom. I made a decent looking APC while saving 46.50Ca dollars.

There is a little tweeking that has to be done but as a hole its done. I plan on posting it on the net sometime. I want to get other people to make these templates so I can scratch build other tanks or alternet designs of a Leman Russ etc...

I'm also going to make this in 3d so it will be a perfect fit.