Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Cadian 412th
Old 11 Feb 2008, 12:19   #1 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen
Default Cadian 412th

In DoW: Winter Assualt, It seems that only one Cadian regiment invade Lorn V to get at titan. How big is the regiment? 200,000?

And in DoW: Dark Crusade, what's the composition of the 1st Kronus Liberators? Is it raised from the different regiment of General Lukos Alexander or one regiment?

Also, what's the normal size of a Cadian regiment?
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2008, 15:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will
Default Re: Cadian 412th

The normal size of a Cadian regiment is around 8,000 men.

The Liberators are taken from several Cadian regiments, can't remember which ones.

And to be honest, 8,000 men is quite enough for one battle, even if an Imperator class Titan is at stake.

Hope that helped.

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2008, 16:16   #3 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Ya, thanks but the question is:

What kind of threat or goals warrant an Imperial force of tens of thousands?
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2008, 16:29   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

You didn't really have anything regaurding that question in your first post. :/

But allot of things will require a force of some tens of thousands. Imperial crusades are in the hundreds of thousands (if we belive GW). The PDF forces of any normal imperial planet with an avrage population should be a few hundred thousand. But basiclly, an Imperiator titan can only be made on a few forge worlds, were talking, Mars, Gryphone IV and a few others if not just mars. Also, they transport a few thousand men in the fortress on their back. Imperiator's are the kinds of things that destroy entire hive citys with 1 volley.

I think it fair to say the defense of any city or urban envirement aganist a enemy force of a few thousand or more will get a good amound of men defending it (around 20k for a smaller hive) (a few million for continents...). Then again this is just with GW's fluff. And they say that Armageddon only raised a 121 regiments for the war, Germany in world war 2 raised a few million whilst a whole planet raised under a million? (though they did get allot of support.)
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2008, 19:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will

True, but WWII german regiments numbered considerably less than 8,000 men. But still, 968,000 men for an entire planet is really quite pathetic...unless Steel Legion regiments have more men in them than Cadian ones? I don't know...

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2008, 21:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

They have less, about 3-4 thousand each, I've heard. (I recall Wargamer saying that the normal regiment in all the Imperium was around 2-3k.) The true armored fist units are fully mechanized though, so including all the vehicles more like 7000 men. But then you relalise that Allot of the troops raised were conscripts from a hive to fight a specific battle a few miles from the hive.

But Germany organized their men by divisions in terms of true fighting forces on scale of the gaurd. also, didn't they have divions feilded around the 900 mark? I recall one of the vetren units from D- day was the 94X (not sure). But ya.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote