Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

starting death korps of krieg
Old 05 Feb 2008, 23:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default starting death korps of krieg

I would like to start death korps of krieg.I was wondering if they do squads or is it regimental like the other IG army's plus can I use the IG codex or do I have to bay the IA book
stewdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Feb 2008, 23:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: starting death korps of krieg

As much as we all love death korps of krieg I recomend something else because DKoK are exspensive and once you start collecting but find you dont have enough money then you just wasted 280 UDS for 40 men, you dont have and army and you could of started another army with that army money you just flushed down the drain.
Old 06 Feb 2008, 12:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

your going to need that good luck from general D

If you don't have alot of 40k experience then I would suggest not starting off with DKoK, their quite hard in all aspects of the hobby, Modelling/Painting/Gaming, You can use them as a standard guard army, just using the Death Korps models with the IG codex rules, using the models to represent them (Grenadiers=Stormtroopers etc.)
Alternatively you can buy IA 5:The siege of vraks and use them as a siege army, this is a harder army to master but can be quite fun and is fluffy.

As the other 2 have said it is quite expensive, there is a strong rumour that plastic GW Death Korps are being released these will be alot cheaper. If you really can't wait then you could always try these: http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/order.htm# (Thanks to Cadaver) You can use the kolony militia heads to convert plastic cadians.

Hope that helps you.
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2008, 14:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Death Korps are Regimental, in order to create an army list, you'll need IA:5. The book will cost you $70 USD or 38 if you live in the UK. The models themselves are beautiful, but soon enough will start to leave a hole in your wallet when it comes to buying them.

If you're starting Guard, I recommend starting Cadians, they are cheaper. A squad of men (10) from DK will cost you 32, not sure for USD, but for Cadians, 18 (again not sure for USD), for two squads of ten men! If you've already started Cadians but wish to move onto DK, well, good luck. ;D

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2008, 13:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

i got one question. Who is Death Korp of Krieg?
Shas_O Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2008, 13:25   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

They're like a depressive version of the Armageddon Steel Legion, similar in appearance but different in battle doctrine.

The rumour I've heard (from a usually very well informed source) is that they're going to bring out a plastic Guard kit with great-coats that can be made into Valhallans or Death Korps-esque troops.

Should be cool, and might make this army a distinct possibility. Unfortunately my source also said that the plastic sprues will be more expensive by then as they have plans to reduce the number of men in a box without dropping the price by much... wouldn't surprise me!

Extartius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2008, 23:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

i suggest you find some steel legions units and use then as it.
Shas_O Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2008, 04:39   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas_O Andrew
i suggest you find some steel legions units and use then as it.
Anymore you just about have to buy them model by model, at $4.50 apiece, thats $45 for a squad. In addition you have to purchase the modeling putty to convert, and you get better models at of the Forge World ones for roughly $65.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2008, 14:14   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Apostle
Death Korps are Regimental, in order to create an army list, you'll need IA:5. The book will cost you $70 USD or 38 if you live in the UK. The models themselves are beautiful, but soon enough will start to leave a hole in your wallet when it comes to buying them.

If you're starting Guard, I recommend starting Cadians, they are cheaper. A squad of men (10) from DK will cost you 32, not sure for USD, but for Cadians, 18 (again not sure for USD), for two squads of ten men! If you've already started Cadians but wish to move onto DK, well, good luck. ;D
DKoK are not reserved to the IA series of books. Check your codex, there are doctrines that can be used to represent them. Also, take note that the IG codex (and the Death Korps of Krieg doctrines) was released long before Forge World released IA5 & the Death Korps models.

Although, the IA5 DKoK list has much more character then the doctrines alone.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 11:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Apostle

DKoK are not reserved to the IA series of books. Check your codex, there are doctrines that can be used to represent them. Also, take note that the IG codex (and the Death Korps of Krieg doctrines) was released long before Forge World released IA5 & the Death Korps models.

Although, the IA5 DKoK list has much more character then the doctrines alone.
Oh I see. Thanks AC.

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote