Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

conscripts, with cameleolines?
Old 30 Jan 2008, 23:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default conscripts, with cameleolines?

Quick question.

Conscripts can benifet from close order drill

but what about cameleolines (forgive the mispelling)?

(contemplating two very annoying platoons)
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2008, 23:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: conscripts, with cameleolines?

No they cannnot, it says that guard infantry includes some squads but dosent metion consripts, unless that doctrine or piece of special equipment says conscripts are specificly able to use them then no. Next time read your codex a little more, you could 99% of the time find the answer to a problem like this.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 23:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If you read the section of text on the page before the one with the rules for Close Order Drill you will see what units count and "Guard Infantry" for purposes of special equipment. I'm fairly certain that conscripts do not count.

If I recall correctly, only Command squads, Heavy Weapon squads, Special Weapon squads, Anti-Tank squads, Fire Support squads, Veteran squads, Armored Fist squads, and regular Infantry Platoon squads count. So special equipment doesn't apply to engineseers, ratlings, ogryns, stormtroopers or conscripts. Depending on the special equipment, it might be able to be taken by Rough Riders.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 01:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Nope, they arn't guard infantry. Though why you would want to spend that much to help protect a four point model is beyond me.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2008, 02:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

True, conscripts are meat shields too, not ment to hide in cover, there out in the open taking rounds for your main corps.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 03:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo
<br />No they cannnot, it says that guard infantry includes some squads but dosent metion consripts, unless that doctrine or piece of special equipment says conscripts are specificly able to use them then no. Next time read your codex a little more, you could 99% of the time find the answer to a problem like this.<br />
I was confused by the notion imperial guard infantry...I had thought conscipts were imperial guard infantry to begin with...

anyhoo.

The idea was to have an annoying human infestation, hiding among ruins, or buildings, seeing as I cant get the 3+ cover save, ill take the 4+

--edit

overlooked the paragraph
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2008, 12:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
True, conscripts are meat shields too, not ment to hide in cover, there out in the open taking rounds for your main corps.
The 'meat shield' is a myth. What with the vast majority of target priority tests being a non-event, only threatening targets draw fire. It seems daft to me that a machinegunner can happily shoot through a swarming mass of guardsmen to hit the command squad behind them without harming a single conscript in the process, but whatever. Those are the rules and perhaps they shall be redressed in the new edition, but for now the classic meat shield image has no tangible presence on the tabletop.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2008, 13:16   #8 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
Quote:
<br />No they cannnot, it says that guard infantry includes some squads but dosent metion consripts, unless that doctrine or piece of special equipment says conscripts are specificly able to use them then no. Next time read your codex a little more, you could 99% of the time find the answer to a problem like this.<br />
I was confused by the notion imperial guard infantry...I had thought conscipts were imperial guard infantry to begin with...

anyhoo.

The idea was to have an annoying human infestation, hiding among ruins, or buildings, seeing as I cant get the 3+ cover save, ill take the 4+

--edit

overlooked the paragraph
Conscripts are more of a militia. Recruiting anyone who can shoot. No real Guard training for them. Just give them flak armor, a lasgun, a simple special weapon and a simple heavy weapons like flamer, grenade launcher, heavy bolter, mortar etc.

They're aren't really Imperial Guardsmen. More of a militia.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2008, 14:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Zen Ai
Conscripts are more of a militia. Recruiting anyone who can shoot. No real Guard training for them. Just give them flak armor, a lasgun, a simple special weapon and a simple heavy weapons like flamer, grenade launcher, heavy bolter, mortar etc.

They're aren't really Imperial Guardsmen. More of a militia.
yeah mostly what he said. but not all conscripts are militia. in the cadian's case the conscripts are really just kids with guns and those that survive are promoted to guardsmen. show how bad ass cadians are because their 13 years kids are as good as most planets militia.
-Better advise has never been spoken. It answers most rules questions we are forced to answer.
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2008, 14:35   #10 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

They use conscripts to represent Cadia's Youth Army...uh...White Shields! Meat Shield :P Conscripts are only call on when there's a major threat like Chaos Invasion from the Eye of Terror or any major invasion for that matter.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote