Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Looking for something special. Something.... forgeworld!
Old 16 Dec 2007, 16:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Looking for something special. Something.... forgeworld!

Hey guys! After x-mas I am going to be worshiping purchasing Imperial Armor 1, but would like to save shipping costs and get something along with it. I was thinking a Macharius vanquisher, chimera autocannon turret/vanquisher leman russ turret. (maybe not the leman russ turret)

What do you guys think?
Old 16 Dec 2007, 16:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Looking for something special. Something.... forgeworld!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lest we forget, the gecko!
Hey guys! After x-mas I am going to be worshiping purchasing Imperial Armor 1, but would like to save shipping costs and get something along with it. I was thinking a Macharius vanquisher, chimera autocannon turret/vanquisher leman russ turret. (maybe not the leman russ turret)

What do you guys think?
Only orders over 250 are eligible for free shipping, everything else is just charged at a rate of 15% of the value of your order (12% within the UK). You wouldn't be saving anything.

As for what you should get...why are you asking us? Forge World is just about the models. We could advise you as to what units work best in given circumstances, but when buying from Forge World you should always get the model you want most, and not concern yourself with whether or not it will win battles. Seriously, get what you want. Only you can decide what that is.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2007, 16:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Okay... What would be more effective, a standard macharius or a vanquisher varient? Hell, I like the macharius vanquisher's longer barrels.... So I suppose I might as well get that then.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 17:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

what about a thunder bolt?
Old 16 Dec 2007, 18:38   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lest we forget, the gecko!
Okay... What would be more effective, a standard macharius or a vanquisher varient? Hell, I like the macharius vanquisher's longer barrels.... So I suppose I might as well get that then.
Yes, you should, whether it's effective or not. I bought my Baneblade when I first heard they were coming out in plastic because I loved the model and what it represented. I was afraid that the original Forge World version would be lost forever as soon as the rolling chapel was released. Fortunately I was proved wrong, but I am no less pleased with my Mars pattern Baneblade. Back when I got it I knew full well that it was a huge point sink, but it was never about the unit, only the model. With the new rules the Baneblade now kicks ass on an epic scale...so that's a nice bonus - I get to use it more without fear of losing games because of it. If you love the Macharius Vanquisher for the model itself, then that is all that should matter to you. Get it.

As for the rules - The Macharius Vanquisher does everything its regular Joe counterpart does and more besides. It is without a doubt the better tank, but you'll be paying 50 points extra for it. Personally, I think 50 points is more than worth it for a tank slaying death cannon like that. I recommend also picking up Imperial Armour Apocalyspe though, as you will find the most up-to-date rules for all three varients in there.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2007, 18:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Aye, it seems you've made your own decision in that post there. IA stuff really isn't all about crazy game winning stuff (although some of the stuff is pretty darn lethal) it's more about just having a cool, fun unit with a kickass model.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote