Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Death Korps
Old 09 Dec 2007, 16:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Lowerlife
Default Death Korps

I saw for the first time the death korps of krieg models and fell in love with the models on forgeworld.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog..._OF_KRIEG.html

Does anybody use the death korps army? I have a dream that one day i will. :'(
Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment.
someones got bad spelling
Lowerlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2007, 16:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Death Korps

Though i know nothing about them, i do know that you can get a codex to find out about them.

-Mike Tyson
Super heavy gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2007, 17:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Yes, the codex does have some information on them such as their doctrines but what i really want is Imperial Armour 5. Which is a whole book dedicated to them does anyone have it?
Old 09 Dec 2007, 17:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerlife
Yes, the codex does have some information on them such as their doctrines but what i really want is Imperial Armour 5. Which is a whole book dedicated to them does anyone have it?
Though the Death Korps isn't really my thing, I think it's pretty much the way Games Workshop originally envisioned the Imperial Guard. If you love the Death Korps, then IA5 won't let you down. Unlike its two predecessors, IA5 has actually had a spell checker pointed at it before going to print. It's full of background and gives you some short stories after a fashion. It's only the first of two books though, so look out for IA6 too.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2007, 18:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I would also love to get the book because I play dark angels so its a double treat. Too bad everything on forge world is so expensive maybe games workshop will release the plastics themselves so I can afford them until then I think that it is a dream I will have to live with. :'(

Are the other editions gramatically incorrect or what?
Old 09 Dec 2007, 18:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
I would also love to get the book because I play dark angels so its a double treat. Too bad everything on forge world is so expensive maybe games workshop will release the plastics themselves so I can afford them until then I think that it is a dream I will have to live with. :'(

Are the other editions gramatically incorrect or what?
If GW ever release DKOK in plastic, it'll be a long time coming.

Imperial Armour 1 & 2 were great. Imperial Armour 2 was the book that got me hooked on the hobby and persuaded me to buy IA1 too (which is an awesome book). So thrilled was I with the quality and content of these books that I jumped on IA3 the moment it was released. I was disappointed. The content was still good, not least the Elysian army list (which I am now collecting), and the campaign is colourful and detailed, but the entire publication is marred with spelling errors and typos. I don't know what the hell the proof reader (Michelle Barson) was doing, but from an aesthetic point of view it really detracts from the overall quality. I was slightly disillusioned with this and fairly incredulous that anything so rough could go to print, but carried by fond memories of IA1 and 2, I elected to give Warwick Kinrade the benefit of the doubt for IA4. The book as a whole wasn't great and the typos and spelling errors were back in force. I found myself actually angry for having paid so much for something so badly written. So much so that I wrote an angry email complaining about the implosion of quality in the last two books, stating that I would still buy IA5 when it came out, but it would be the last one if things did not improve. Obviously the opinion of just one customer is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but for every person who voices his or her opinion there are always a dozen more brooding in silence. Well, it seems other fans must have wrote in also, because IA5 turned out really nicely. Here's hoping IA6 continues in the Imperial Armour series' tradition of excellence.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 09 Dec 2007, 19:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

So is IA6 going to be a ad-on to IA5 do they come up with new vehicles with every new book i am really considering getting IA5 just for the read. 8)
Old 09 Dec 2007, 19:37   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
So is IA6 going to be a ad-on to IA5 do they come up with new vehicles with every new book i am really considering getting IA5 just for the read. 8)
Typically it works the other way round; they make the models first (normally along a similar theme), release experimental rules for free download, then combine all the new units into one Imperial Armour book.

Anyone who buys an Imperial Armour book just for the rules is missing the point. In my opinion, the IA books are about background and fluff, with rules thrown in so you can include the units in-game.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 14:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
IA6 is will almost certainly include the Malcador and variants, probably the Reaver Titan, rumours on Warseer are talking about Daemon Engines as well, how accurate that is only time will tell.

[img width=650 height=30]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/colgravis/Misc%2040k/awards.jpg[/img]
Col.Gravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 12:05   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have a DKoK army in progress. I have no models yet but I'm planning the army and will be getting models soon
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote