Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Honorifica
Reply
Old 02 Dec 2007, 11:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,229
Default Honorifica

In my army I field a veteran storm trooper with honorifica but honorifica rules say that he uses the same profile as a heroic officer so do I need to buy him Carapace armour with more points?
__________________
Quote:

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2007, 13:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 677
Default Re: Honorifica

No you don't. It specifically states that the model retains its wargear including armour saves.
__________________
Last Chancer's RPG here! http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=74103.0
Aun LeKeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2007, 13:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,229
Default Re: Honorifica

Ok but it says it uses his stat line.
__________________
Quote:

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2007, 14:47   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hertford, UK
Posts: 5,086
Default Re: Honorifica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper King
Ok but it says it uses his stat line.
Aun LeKeth is quoting the Imperial Guard FAQs, which make particular reference to armour saves in respect to the Honourifica. You can download them here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Dec 2007, 21:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,928
Default Re: Honorifica


I have not read the FAQ, but from what I remember the model gains the HSO stats, but keeps all weapons and wargear of the initial model.

[hr]

Edit: Gecko, you've been warned time and time again. Stop doing a moderator's job.
__________________
sarnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2007, 17:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 8,901
Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Honorifica

Any Statistic that is better than a normal HSO (I.e. the toughness of an Ogryn, the Strength of a Tech Priest) are all kept the same. Onloy stat line scores of lesser value are altered.
__________________
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2007, 22:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hertford, UK
Posts: 5,086
Default Re: Honorifica

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD
Any Statistic that is better than a normal HSO (I.e. the toughness of an Ogryn, the Strength of a Tech Priest) are all kept the same. Onloy stat line scores of lesser value are altered.
Actually, that's not true at all. The FAQs make it very clear that the new profile is adopted entirely and that only saves, equipment and special rules remain untouched. An Ogryn's toughness would be reduced to that of an HSO.

The FAQs are important, fellas. They're freely available from Games Workshop's website and colour some of the grey areas and shortcomings of the codex. Consider them a 'patch' of sorts. Until you've got it, you're running an obsolete version of the game that will conflict with current versions. Go download it today!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2007, 00:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,246
Default Re: Honorifica

Tom is correct. It even states in the FAQ how pointless it would be to give a model with a superior statline the honorifica.

Games Workshop attempting to be funny. Cute.
__________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.
-Will Durant
Aftercresent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2007, 00:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,460
Default Re: Honorifica

GW trying to be funny? It's like watching a toddler try to steal cookies from a jar on a table twice their height and eventually dropping it and getting hurt, except its ok to laugh.

The only actual laughs I've had from it are references to other things- like the Holy Orb of Antioch. And that picture of the space marines dancing.

GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2007, 00:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hertford, UK
Posts: 5,086
Default Re: Honorifica

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
GW trying to be funny? It's like watching a toddler try to steal cookies from a jar on a table twice their height and eventually dropping it and getting hurt, except its ok to laugh.
What a bizarre and elaborate analogy. *Scratches head*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honorifica Imperialis Cal Imperial Guard 14 01 Nov 2008 20:48
Honorifica Imperialis? The Lost Waywatcher Imperial Guard 22 20 Jan 2007 11:11
Honorifica questions Commissar_Will Imperial Guard 11 18 Jan 2007 18:24
2 Honorifica queries. Jeff Imperial Guard 4 31 Dec 2005 15:46