Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Guard - Frequently Asked Questions [4th Edition]
Old 26 Jan 2008, 04:43   #11 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Imperial Guard - Frequently Asked Questions[Draft]

1) Our tanks can not fire ordanance after moving more then 6". But refer to your rule book. It can be fire defensive/main weapons after moving a certain amount. (I.e. 6" or less)

2) Only if they move 6" or less. Sentinals can only move up to 6" anyway, so the answer is yes.

3) Small.

4) There is still only 10 men in the squad. One guardsman replaces his lasgun with the desired heavy weapon whilethe other guy can fire his lasgun normally.

5) It comes down to personal preference, and what you'd like to achieve with your sponsons. Just remember that the battlecannon and demolisher cannon are both ordanance weapons, meaning you can fire either them or the hull/sponsons weapons each turn. Never both at once.

6) It's not a universal special rule mentioned in the IG codex, but it basically means you can kill some of your enemy off before the first turn. ( via bombardment)
Old 07 Apr 2008, 11:33   #12 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

it's a question on docterines (i can hear the boooos now). I'm writin a short story bout the inquisition (mostly IG tho) n i'm wantin to make them using docterines.

1) if i take grenadiers must i also take storm troopers to use them as troops?

2) do storm troopers count as gaurd infantry units (for special equipment, etc.) or is that only for the infantry platoon?

3) if i use grenadiers to use storm troopers as my troops do i still need to include an infantry platoon in my army?

Thank you for the help, its much Appreciated . and the story shud b up soon ^_^

Please correct me with my spelling! (I know it's terrible)
gumgum921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2008, 11:36   #13 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumgum921
No. Stormtroopers and Grenadiers are separate units.

Quote:
2) do storm troopers count as gaurd infantry units (for special equipment, etc.) or is that only for the infantry platoon?
No. Stormtroopers are not Guard Infantry.

Quote:
3) if i use grenadiers to use storm troopers as my troops do i still need to include an infantry platoon in my army?
No. There is no minimum requirement for Infantry Platoons. However, you will not be able to field Armoured Fist Squads if you do not field Infantry Platoons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2008, 11:36   #14 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumgum921
it's a question on docterines (i can hear the boooos now). I'm writin a short story bout the inquisition (mostly IG tho) n i'm wantin to make them using docterines.

Thank you for the help, its much Appreciated . and the story shud b up soon ^_^
1) No. Grenadiers allows you to take Storm troopers as troops (without infiltrate or deep strike) AS WELL as Elites.

2) No. Unfortunately. Veterans, Infantry, Heavy Weapon squads etc count as IG infantry.

3) No. This is the way you make the smallest army in the IG. 15 models. 5 command squad, 2x 5 Grenadier squads.
Old 08 Apr 2008, 02:06   #15 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Is a Support Squad really worth and the points is better use for another Infantry Squad?
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2008, 14:13   #16 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Going back to the questions on regiments.

In Codex: Imperial Guard, a portion of the Cadian 8th Regiment is shown. The codex states that roughly half of the regiment, 4000 men is present. Therefore you can make the assumption that a Regiment consists of roughly 8000 men, not included attached armor.

This is not really of any importance however, because nobody has enough time to field an army with 8000 models. Therefore us Guardsmen must be content with fielding companies rather than entire regiments.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary.
For those who do not, none will suffice."

"So this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause."

100% of posters have false statistics in their signatures. If you're one of the 0% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig.
Vallessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2008, 14:16   #17 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Oh, and on the Heavy Weapon Platoon thing, I noticed a mistake.

A Heavy Weapon base is not a 2-wound model; it is two models on the same base. This is very important, because if you treat it as a 2-wound model you lose out on your Lasgun shots, and you are more vulnerable to Instant Death.

So remember; two models on one base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2009, 18:42   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I just started reading the Guard Codex (however, it could be a waste with the new book due out shortly. ) Very interesting stuff, if I may say so.
Although it may seem pedestrian, I have a question about the Psyker:
I see that he rolls D6 to determine his power, however I don't see anything that says when or how often he does this. Does he make one roll at the beginning of the game and use the same power throughout? If you have more than one Psyker in your army, do they each roll individually?
Old 05 Mar 2009, 23:09   #19 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The Psyker rolls his power at the start of the game with your opponent watching or a GM if you like to keep it secret for the fun of it. Each psyker can only use the power indicated for the whole game - so no random roll each turn as with the ork weirdboy psykers!

Each psyker in your army rolls individually.

You can then assign each psyker to the units as per the rules where his power is best used.

Keep a commisar close to relieve those witches from being possessed by deamons!!!

Tassadar
Tassadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Oct 2009, 14:21   #20 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: Imperial Guard - Frequently Asked Questions [4th Edition]

Someone I was playing with told me that Ordinance is so powerful it doesn't allow cover saves in area terrain (ie: Forests). I can't find anywhere that it says that in the rulebook, can someone please help me with a solid answer or reference to the rule if it's true?
Agarn_Fortez is offline   Reply With Quote