Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Guard in Apocalypse
Old 16 Nov 2007, 12:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Imperial Guard in Apocalypse

Hi
I'm looking for users who have had experience with using the Imperial Guard. I'm aware of the units they get and all the rest of it, however I want to know what you lot think about the Imperial Guard in the Apocalypse Gaming System.

Do they stand more of a chance of winning, think I've lost quite a few games with my Imperial Guardsmen would love to know if its easier to get a victory.

Robert Haylor
The Facebox-Online Community Development Forums
downswarcouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2007, 13:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Imperial Guard in Apocalypse

I'm not really sure what you mean here, mate. Apocalypse games don't use a dramtically different gaming sytem, certainly not one that favours one army type over another. There are some new templates and associated rules for barrage scatter; there are revamped super heavy rules and all new flyer rules but, essentially, Apocalypse is just 40k on a grander scale.

Are you asking if the strategic assets particularly favour a Codex IG army? If that's the case then I would have to say no, there's nothing deeply unfair in there.

People seem to be forgetting that although your own army can be far larger than normal in an Apocalypse game, so can your opponent's. Army list composition is just as important as ever it was.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2007, 03:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
People seem to be forgetting that although your own army can be far larger than normal in an Apocalypse game, so can your opponent's. Army list composition is just as important as ever it was.
with even more strategy involved than in a normal game.

so well if you are not skilled at guard you can include members of another army in your force but thats all.

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2007, 12:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think the only major advantsge is that you are no longer bound to 1 command platoon, so you can have lot's of Tom Norman's patented Suicide Squads.

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2007, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Songblade
I think the only major advantsge is that you are no longer bound to 1 command platoon, so you can have lot's of Tom Norman's patented Suicide Squads.
Haha! You're not bound by any such restrictons are you? Can't you field as many special weapons squads as you want now? Irrespective of the number of HQ command squads you take?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2007, 15:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I didn't think of that- I suppose you are probably right.

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2007, 17:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Suicide ARRRMY! Dang, we're turning into orcs, arn't we?

I like that... An army of suicidal guardsmen backed up by a basilisk battery.

Old 17 Nov 2007, 17:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Quote:
Haha! You're not bound by any such restrictons are you? Can't you field as many special weapons squads as you want now? Irrespective of the number of HQ command squads you take?
Well while there is no force organization but the squad size must be the same and since the Command squad is in fact as the name states a squad. So sorry you can't have more than 2 special weapon squads. Plus If you could that would be really power gamerish.

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2007, 18:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

[quote=Ciaphas Cain Hero of the Imperium]
Quote:
Quote:
Haha!  You're not bound by any such restrictons are you?  Can't you field as many special weapons squads as you want now?  Irrespective of the number of HQ command squads you take?
Well while there is no force organization but the squad size must be the same and since the Command squad is in fact as the name states a squad. So sorry you can't have more than 2 special weapon squads. Plus If you could that would be really power gamerish.
OK.... First, don't write in quotes. Second, if you write in quotes, make it look like a new sentence. Much easier to read.

And have you read what we are talking about? In Apocalypse you are not restricted in any way. You can have just tanks, just assasins what have you. So where does it say we can only have two special weapon squads? In the Apocalyse book?
Old 17 Nov 2007, 18:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

He says as he writes in quotes?

Indeed, you still have to take a command squad- force organization isn't in effect, but you still need the command squad.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote