Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Are these modifications to the Siege List resonable
Old 05 Jun 2007, 01:53   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Are these modifications to the Siege List resonable

In anticipation of making the Delphi Uprising Campaign book with my friends. I have made some modifications to the siege list to represent Altairan Siege regiments. Do you think that these modifications are resonable, or have any advice on how i should change them.

The Altairan Regiments that were part of the 8th Siege Army during the Delphi Uprising should be represented using Imperial Armour Volume 5 and the Imperial Guard Codex using the following doctrines with the given modifications.

Doctrines
Iron Discipline
Snipers (ratlings)
Grenadiers
Veterans
Close Order Drill

In addition to having different doctrines than the Doctrines given for siege regiments in Imperial Armuor 5, the following differences apply.

Altairans use the standard Imperial Guard Armory with the exception of lasguns with underslung grenade launchers for an addition 3 points.

HQ: Death Rider command Squads may not be taken.

Elites: Grenadiers are not an Elites Choice.

Veterans may be taken as an Elites Choice.

Snipers (Ratlings) may be taken as an Elites Choice.

Troops: Grenadiers are a troops choice for Altairan Siege Armies.

In place of the heavy flamer available to the Grenadier Squad, RPG Launchers may be taken for +20 points, RPG’s count as Frag Missiles.

Normal Infantry Platoons may not be taken.

Fast Attack: Death Riders may not be taken.

Salamander Scout vehicles may be taken.

Sentinal Scout Squadrons may be taken.

Heavy Support: Heavy Weapons Platoons may not be taken.

Basilisks may be taken.

Transports: Any Command Squad, Quartermaster, Grenadier Squad, Cyclops Remote Control Demolition vehicle, may be mounted in a Chimera, if the squad originally had the capabilities to take a Centaur, then they may still take one, the centaur may not have a closed crew compartment or extra armor however.
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2007, 02:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Re: Are these modifications to the Siege List resonable

The rpg launcher seems... a bit... bad. The frag missle really dosn't shine in anything. A heavy bolter has the same str, and beter ap. You will also get the same amount of hits as you will people under the small template. The heavy bolter is also much cheaper.

But other than increasing the rpg's abilitys I can't say anything without reading the fluff to decide if those options and diffrences would fit. Though, no platoons or conscripts seems a bit of murder to the gaurd.

And shouldn't the vets be normal troops, maybe give them less spec wepons or something and stoormies in eleites? Stoormies are sopposed to be highly train specialty troops well vets are vets. So a stormy becoming a vet would be a beter stormie I would think, but a vet becoming even more of a vetren would become a stoormie, in that they get much better equipment and that.

Bassiclly the stoormys and vets should be changed since the stormies have more special things and it would make sense that there are less of them.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2007, 03:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The storm troopers are grenadiers. Regiments from Altair are made up of heavy infantry platoons. hence the grenadiers. new recrutes are put into heavy weapons platoons and tanks, until they prove that they are good enough to serve with the rank and file. So normal infantry and conscripts dont make sence to how Altairans work. (i dont care much for winning, i make army lists that fit my fluff to the letter. if i win then its pretty cool, but it deosnt matter much to me.)

have any suggestions on the RPG, i dont want it to be to powerful. But i also want it to be worth while. maybe should i lower the cost?
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2007, 04:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

Lets just say that a grende launcher for 9 points with a 36in range would suit it best.
The krak round repesents that they use diffrent rounds.

I'm not to sure though.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2007, 17:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf
have any suggestions on the RPG, i dont want it to be to powerful. But i also want it to be worth while. maybe should i lower the cost?
Seems to me it's just a missile launcher by a different name, but if you really want it to be an explosive weapon of a unique nature you need only tweak it very slightly. Remember, the specifics of its effects aren't really that important, only the end result.

You could treat it as twin-linked frag missile launcher, which would ever so slightly elevate its reliability, or you could simply increment the strength or lower the AP value. Better yet, why not treat it as a barrage weapon that requires line of sight? At first glance that might not seem to make much sense, as barrage weapons are indirect by nature, but rolling the scatter dice to determine fall of shot will again improve its reliability (as the shot will always land somewhere) and treating it as a barrage weapon also makes it a pinning weapon. I can just picture the image of men yelling 'RPG!' in a Blackhawk down fashion as they go to ground. ^-^
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote