Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

sentinals
Old 28 May 2007, 22:50   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default sentinals

should i get sentinals? they have excellent fire power and it doesn't really matter if i lose 1 because they come in numbers. They can be distractions or can use another distraction so either way they get blown to bits by my tank or sentinals. But their weakness is 2 space marines sqauds with 2 lascannons an each sqaud, for example.
Old 28 May 2007, 23:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: sentinals

First off speak to me about sentinels. I love them!

Ok You should defiantly get a squad of sentinels because even at their worst they are an extra heavy weapons team, in a FA FOC.

Second they are both mobile and lethal, making them much more useful in a tight spot.

Third you can take them in numbers I think the max you can field in one army is 12 been ages since I did that, but it was fun.

Fourth (and this is specific to you) if your opponent is wasting Lazcannon shots on your sentinels then they are not hitting other vital equipment.

[hr]

Weapons:
Well this is more reliant on how you are going to play them rather than what you equip them with.

Flamer- Good choice if your going close combat with them, they excel in a counterattack roll like this. I suggest the taking of the Hardened Fighters Doctrine if you go along this line, because they WILL end up in CC and then the WS really helps.

Multi-laz- One of my favoured weapons, it keeps your sentinel cheap and still effective at killing GEQ (and MEQ).

Autocannon- My favourite weapon. Good ROF and Packs both S and AP gives tank hunting and the ability to hurt heavy infantry.

Hunter Killer missile- A must upgrade if you are using your sentinels in an AT roll. Fire it at the first chance cos with that big rocket on the model it looks dangerous and is going down pretty fast.

Lazcannon- Such a big no no. It costs alot for a very hit or miss weapon. It limits your use of the model and is a points sink which often will not get the chance to fire enough times to make back its points.

Armoured Crew compartment and other upgrades- Can be useful. However I suggest the keeping of the vehicle cheap and have quantity over quality because they don't have much that makes them resilient.

I would say more, but my time is short...

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 00:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to MaddPhish

Personally I prefer the Multilaser. Sacrificing one STR for an extra shot? Sure thing! With the pilot of a Sentinel having BS 3, the more dice I roll the better. Plus it saves a few points, but being able to pump out 3 shots instead of just 2 seals the deal for me. Since I tend to face either guant heavy nids, Orks, and Marines, the Multi is a good comprimise between shots fired, and strength of shots. And neither the Autocannon nor the Multilaset can punch straight through Marine armor.

Best of all is the fact that for less points than a squad of guardsmen, you have a quick unit that can hold an objective. This allows your guardsmen and tanks to sit back and do what they do best, shoot.
WHOILE FOLLOW EYEZ DA STEDDY KEEL DA VESSUL GRIM AN' DARIN':
BUT O 'ERT, 'ERT, 'ERT!
O DA BLEEDIN' DROPS O RED!
WHERE ON DA DEKK ME KAP'N LIES,
FALL'N KOLD AN' DEDD.

OI KAP'N MOI KAP'N! ROIZE UP AN' 'EAR DA WAAAGH!
ROIZE UP FER YEZ - DA BANNER IZ FLUNG - FER YEZ DA SHOOTA DAKKAZ;
FER YEZ POINTY STIKKS AN' IRON GOBZ - FER YEZ DA GROT PITZ A-CROWDIN;
FER YEZ DEY KALL, DA MOBBIN' BOYZ, DER EAGER MUGZ TURNIN';
OI KAP'N!
MaddPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 00:28   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I only have one sentinal, and I only fought a few fights with it. It's not to shaby.

A lone nut-job sentinal running around the board with a lascannon, he makes pot shots at enemy armor and supercreatures. It's so small, he's usaly ignored untill he blows something up. Or my enemy dedicates to much firepower to knock it out.

Anyways, it looks cool and can step on people in CC. "Dude, did that sentinal just whack my sargent in the head with that lascannon?"
Avor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 01:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

I use two. One with a lascannon and hunter killer, the other with a multi-laser and hunterkiller. The multilaser is going to be upgraded to a lascannon soon. I love them, cheap highly mobile and with their scout move and get into very nice places. Also they are great for assaulting S3 things which have no hope in harming it.

"Oh, those are infiltrating stormtoopers?"
*assualt*
"ha ha ha ha ha!"
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 01:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

*delete..Double post*
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 29 May 2007, 01:11   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

How many should i get with what weapon in city fight against eldar
Old 29 May 2007, 01:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

In cityfight Vs eldar? I would say either autocannons or multilasers. Autocannons have the rate of fire to help take down their skimmer tanks, while Multilasers with their rate of fire are effective agaisnt squads of troops in cover.

How many you get is totally up to you. Put them all into diffrent squads though if you can..Up to four squads (3 fast attack, one attached to HQ platoon). That way the opponent will need to spilt fire to take them all out and will allow them to target diffrent units, also increases flexibility.
Sigged.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 29 May 2007, 07:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

+++Your right about the one sentinel thing, it really works.++++

Sig by Drobot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
Is a nice guy, though he shouldn't 'have to sig' something someone else says, just to please them.
[quote=Hadhfang]
Is just awesome, and probably emits an aura of Awesomage!
[
Hate Enriches
Sven-Kaiser of Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 07:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Another great thing with a sentinel is to charge a large, low strength squad. If none of the enemy is stronger than S3, they can't harm you at all. Unless they have a powerfist, eviscerator etc.