Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Commander and chimera
Old 28 May 2007, 11:27   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Commander and chimera

I need a special commander to command my army. I already have a commissar at 145 points. But he's not the strongest and toughest there is. Or should i get tactics one. E.Creed allows me to go first, setup again if i setup first after my opponent does and i can chose the mission. ;D

Another question, can you fit terminators in a chimera? If you can fit ogryns in there(with an officer of course) i thought can you fit terminators in there (if the team is daemonhunters you can have an inquisitor lord which allows to have some I.G.) .
Old 28 May 2007, 14:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Commander and chimera

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.G. Commander

Another question, can you fit terminators in a chimera? If you can fit ogryns in there(with an officer of course) i thought can you fit terminators in there (if the team is daemonhunters you can have an inquisitor lord which allows to have some I.G.) .
+++ Hmm, that is a very interesting question, I don`t know so try Errata on the GW website.+++

Sig by Drobot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
Is a nice guy, though he shouldn't 'have to sig' something someone else says, just to please them.
[quote=Hadhfang]
Is just awesome, and probably emits an aura of Awesomage!
[
Hate Enriches
Sven-Kaiser of Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 14:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Dunno about your first question, it's all really just a matter of taste I think; I mean, the commander is supposed to represent you to a certain extent, so what manner of general are you at heart?

Terminators have no means to take a Chimera as a transport option and Chimeras themselves cannot be taken as a stand alone unit like a Land Raider can (they're only available as transport options), so there's no way to get a Terminator onto a Chimera anyway. That said, an Inquisitor Lord may take a Chimera transport and he may also select Terminator armour from the armoury. In the section of the Daemonhunters codex entitled 'Inquisitor's retinue' on page 22, it specifies that if the Inquisitor Lord takes Termie armour he may not select a Rhino transport, but will take up the space of two models in a Chimera or Land Raider.

So I guess to answer your question, yes - Terminators can fit into a Chimera, but the means to provide one for them to mount does not exist.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 19:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Terminators have no means to take a Chimera as a transport option and Chimeras themselves cannot be taken as a stand alone unit like a Land Raider can (they're only available as transport options), so there's no way to get a Terminator onto a Chimera anyway.
Well technically, if you really wanted to, you could take an armoured company using a chimera as a stand alone fast attack option (the AC rules can be found here) then take some allied GK termies...but I don't see why you would.There are much better fast attack options that one can take (hellhounds, salamanders, even Armoured Fists) and most AC commanders forgo FA anyways. Of course if anyone does try this out some day then I congratulate you on your ingenuity and, well, bravery.

EmblazonedMauveGearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 22:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmblazonedMauveGearbox
Well technically, if you really wanted to, you could take an armoured company using a chimera as a stand alone fast attack option (the AC rules can be found here) then take some allied GK termies...but I don't see why you would.There are much better fast attack options that one can take (hellhounds, salamanders, even Armoured Fists) and most AC commanders forgo FA anyways. Of course if anyone does try this out some day then I congratulate you on your ingenuity and, well, bravery.
Well whaddayaknow, well spotted! Although that brings us back to the age old question of whether or not an armoured company can take allied Daemon/Witchhunters. :-\
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 28 May 2007, 23:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Quote:
Well whaddayaknow, well spotted! Although that brings us back to the age old question of whether or not an armoured company can take allied Daemon/Witchhunters. :-\
I don't see why they wouldn't...they are a variant of guard are they not?

EmblazonedMauveGearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 23:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Quote:
I don't see why they wouldn't...they are a variant of guard are they not?
Yeah, you're probably right.
Old 28 May 2007, 23:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

armagedon steel legion is pretty much an armoured company and in the deamon hunters codex it clearly states "imperal guard and it varients... armagedon steel legion may take deamon hunters as allies." (it probably says the same in the witch hunters codex)

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 01:14   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Thanks just making sure
Old 29 May 2007, 02:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyk.themuffinman
armagedon steel legion is pretty much an armoured company and in the deamon hunters codex it clearly states "imperal guard and it varients... armagedon steel legion may take deamon hunters as allies." (it probably says the same in the witch hunters codex)
Doese the mechanized doctrine include allies or is it just for the standard guard, it woulnd really make sence for some inquisitor to have to ride in a chimera, but i can see that he might want to to keep up with the guard.
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote