Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

basilisk
Old 28 May 2007, 03:22   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default basilisk

Should i get a basilisk or a demolisher ??? ? Demolisher have great armor and, well, demolishing guns! But basilisks can sit in the back and support men like heck. last battle i devastated a demon hunter team (hard to believe i had an ally ) by blowing his storm troopers to bits (he had an inquisitor lord so he could have some I.G.) and i blew up his chimera killing 2 buffed grey night terminators , but a basilisk's armor is like 5 :P , so they can just deep strike and blow the heck out of my basilisk. Please help me i need to decide!

Also, there's an eldar player and i need some advice. Thanks! ;D
Old 28 May 2007, 03:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: basilisk

Demolisher. The Basilisk has horrible armour, a huge blind spot, and no backup weaponry. A Demolisher can roll through Hell and come back only mildly singed.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 03:35   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

but if hidden behind cover you don't need line of site ;D . plus, in the codex it says that you can get 2 side weapons a heavybolters. but thanks 4 the advice anyway!
Old 28 May 2007, 03:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.G. Commander
but if hidden behind cover you don't need line of site ;D . plus, in the codex it says that you can get 2 side weapons a heavybolters. but thanks 4 the advice anyway!

Ehh... I don't recall the Bassie being allowed to take sponsons.....

Even if it could, I wouldn't deem them overly useful. A Leman Russ (of any variant) will be much more survivable if you plan on keeping it exposed enough to use all 3 of the heavy bolters you can give it as opposed to the Basilisk taking shots with its single heavy bolter.

A Bassie is extremely fragile, while a Demolisher is the heaviest non-super-heavy IG can field.

Also, keep this in mind:

While the Demolisher may need LoS, it has a BIG gun. If you hit a wandering group of GK termies (or pretty much anything else in the game, come to think of it..) with it, only a few will get back up.

The Termies themselves would not be able to harm you until they get into CQC (with a tank XD) unless they are packing a psycannon, which isn't something you need to worry about unless you're blatantly showing them your rear armor.

The Demolisher secondary weapon options are nothing to be laughed at, either.

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 04:08   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well i think it all depends on what kind of map you are playing on. if there is a open map then i would choose demolisher and if there was a city fight then i would go with a basilisk. thanks for the advice
Old 28 May 2007, 04:24   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.G. Commander
The Demolisher secondary weapon options are nothing to be laughed at, either.
Can anyone say 2 plasma blasts at said terminators?(which can be deadlier, it all depends on how they are placed.)
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 04:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

If it was cityfight, I'd go with a demolisher or griffin. That 36" no fire range has earned me many Basilisk kills. the Basilisk and Demolisher have the same problem, they attract fire. The difference is that Demolishers can withstand fire while Bassies have a small problem with that.

I understand where you're coming from, that bassie looks cool as hell. However it is a high priority target that is fragile, while the Demolisher is a high priority target that is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 04:32   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

The Basilisk is a High Priority target that can be harmed by every single weapon wielded by Marines(and the marines themselves!). Whereas the Demolsher can only be hurt by a Whirlwind(rear armor), heavy bolter(rear armor) assault cannon, lascannon, melta, and plasma.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 05:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatus Icer
The Basilisk is a High Priority target that can be harmed by every single weapon wielded by Marines(and the marines themselves!). Whereas the Demolsher can only be hurt by a Whirlwind(rear armor), heavy bolter(rear armor) assault cannon, lascannon, melta, and plasma.
Don't forget about the occasional buried power fist/chainfist...

I agree. The Bassie is much too fragile for my liking. Knowing that if a standard marine were to punch even the rear armor of a Demolisher, all he would ever accomplish would be hurting his arm, yet he is able to "destroy" a basilisk is a funny thought indeed. I know, I know, they're two totally different vehicles, one of which the marine could literally walk on top of and pull the crew members out it of by their collars kicking and screaming, but I still find it funny.

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 09:27   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Take the demolisher. With three heavy bolters.

Just blaze away! When then the main gun (not if) goes pop just hose down anything withing range. Don't expose it to too much fire - let him figure out how to deal with it. Then if your other vehicles are begining to suffer just roll it out and blast his most expensive thing to kingdom-come!

The bassilisk however suffers from weak armour and little back up for when the earthshaker goes. The blind spot can be ignored (either by not taking indirect fire or by not using it) but then that armour is going to be a target and your wasting the point of the bassilisk.

Buy the Demolisher and rain down the pain!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote