Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I've got my copy of IA5!
Old 23 May 2007, 19:36   #1 (permalink)
Anton

Default I've got my copy of IA5!

Heya,

Apologies for my overjoyed post, but this is my first IA book, so just bare with me. And another reason I'm a little cheerful as-well is that I got a signed copy to, which has sort of made my day a bit better.

I haven't had as much time as I wanted to go through it properly, but so far I'm very impressed. The lists are fantastic, and definitely contain hints as to how future Codex's' will be formed. Both the Krieg and Heretic list look like a hell load of fun to use, and I will throughly enjoy playing both armies to death. The detail in which this book goes into is unreal, both the Death Korps, Dark Angels and the Heretics of Vraks have tomes of fluff written about them.

I will come back to this once I've had a proper read of IA5, but I must say that for anybody who loves guess range and ordnance weapons, and for those of you who are looking for a real Traitor Guard list that is actually effective, then IA5 is your book!

For those of you who've also got it, what do you think?

Thanks.
Old 23 May 2007, 20:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: I've got my copy of IA5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
I will come back to this once I've had a proper read of IA5, but I must say that for anybody who loves guess range and ordnance weapons
mortars woop woop!

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 21:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I've ordered it and the poster last Thursday, looks likes its a worth while read?

Can't wait till it comes through the post (hopefully tomorrow) ;D

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 21:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well I'm certainly liking the improved spelling. IA3 & 4 were a complete shambles; it's almost as if there were no proof readers at all! But this one is looking good so far. My faith in the Imperial Armour books is restored. ^-^

What I particularly like about this one is the way the organisation charts now feature colour pictures rather than just tac map symbols. Don't get me wrong, the use of such symbols was a nice touch, but it's nice to be able to see the sheer scale of just a single company.

I'll get on to reading some of the story tomorrow too. Hope it's good.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 23:12   #5 (permalink)
Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I'll get on to reading some of the story tomorrow too. Hope it's good.
Well, you'll have one hell of a read ahead of you! But hey! The more the merrier!

The Krieg list is cleverly done so that you can either take a siege heavy regiment, or just a regular Infantry company using only a single list. But the whole Krieg list is dominated by siege weaponry, not necessarily tankes (i.e. Russes) but things like Heavy Mortars, Thudd Guns etc... So if you don't like anything siege, then your gonna miss out, big time.

The Heretic list looks like a barrel 'o' fun! The Berserker Ogryns look like an extremely fun unit to use, as do the Rogue Psykers. They can, for Elite access a squad of Alpha Legion Marines, and MaLVeauX, Ged if your reading this make sure you get a look in at the unit profile, stats and options because I've got a feeling that the Alpha Legionnaire squad you can take for the Heretics is what we'll expect the new Chaos Marines to be like, and trust me, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 24 May 2007, 03:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I need to get my hands on that book for the renegade army. I would love to make an army of them. How is the fluff in the book? and can the CRM take giant spawn?
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2007, 07:16   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

What's the Macharius like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2007, 08:22   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

You lucky git! I have no intention of playing any of the armies in it, but I want to get it as I love the shiny IA books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2007, 09:48   #9 (permalink)
Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
I need to get my hands on that book for the renegade army. I would love to make an army of them. How is the fluff in the book? and can the CRM take giant spawn?
The fluff is, well, limitless, for all of the races featured. The Heretics cannot take Giant spawn, Daemons, or anything Possessed as the list focuses more on the Heretics rather than the daemonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
What's the Macharius like?
It's like a middleweight Super Heavy really, and the Korps use them as "heavy" tank. What I can say is that the Macharius has some serious dakka, so all infantry, GEQ and MEQ alike... Beware!

Old 24 May 2007, 10:38   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
It's like a middleweight Super Heavy. The twin-battle cannon is great, not only is it an ordnance +5" inches, it's also a multiple barrage weapon, and when you fire it at say a Tactical squad, you roll and scatter for the first shot, and then the seconsd shot in the same spot you fired the first.

So.... a Marine Tac squad killer.

Why is it, whenever I don't have enough money, bloody forgeworld bring out something so pants wettingly good you'd kill your own mother just to get one.... or two.... or three

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote