Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

you ever demand an enemy to surrender?
Old 23 May 2007, 10:33   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default you ever demand an enemy to surrender?

i know ido. normally when a game is looking down for the enemy i always ask if they will surrender and peacfully put down there arms. do you ever do this?

for me its just asking if he will just end the game and accept defeat [i hate long games]
spetnazcommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 10:49   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: you ever demand an enemy to surrender?

Sort of.

I have sometimes looked at a situation, and said "do you want to bother?" Prime example of this was when I managed to bounce a 14 man Death Company led by Chaplain into a Lieutenant and his retinue (this was 3rd Ed). I just looked at the guy and said "do you want to just remove them?". There were at least five guys with Power Weapons (including the Chaplain), and he just nodded and took the guys off.

Most people, however, do fight the long defeat regardless. I have sometimes surrendered the field, however, once it's clear there is no hope of victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 11:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

NEVER - i always fight to the last man!!!!

it has actually won me a few games (daemonhunters and the advesaries rules help you out on VP )

plus i just love in my last turn running a single model, with one wound left, heroicly into the enemy fron lines (this has lost me a few games )
Old 23 May 2007, 12:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

If I quit every time things wern't going my way, i'd have lost a lot more games whan I have. Hopless or not, I'm fighting till I drop. Although the death comp. wargamer menitoned was a particularly hopeless situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 12:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

Well even though its very un-tau like, I hate surrending early, I always like playing until the game ends, no matter what. Just so i can try an inflict as much damage as i can into the enemy.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 12:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ill play a game usually till the end unless there is no way i can win. I.e. all my anti tank units are destroyed against armored company or some such. If there is no feasible way for me to win unless the most amazing dice rolls ordained by god occur ill surrender (unless its a tournament...never give that up, I just focus on secondary missions)

C/-Rt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 13:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well yes and no. I don't ask others to surrender, but if my army has taken a beating and there is little/nothing I can do to win I'll shake hands and say good game.

However a common house rule that I play with is called 'Command Breakdown' where you cede three 'Commander' units as commanders in your army. These are ranked in order from High Commander, 2nd Class Commander, 3rd Class Commander. When/if all your commanders are taken out by your opponent your army automatically surrenders at the end of your next turn.

For the choice of commanders only the High Commander must be drawn from HQ units, otherwise the other two commanders can be any leader model on the field.

Just thought you may like to know,
Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 15:05   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

There are two instances when I ask for their surrender, when I am playing 'Nids and I have bug repelent. And when I have a flag and they dont -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTduy7Qkvk8
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 17:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I've surrendered a couple of times. I scarab-rushed the lysander wing, and they promply massacred across the field of flattened scarabs, not getting into view again until they hit my warriors. No way to win after the initial mistake.
Old 23 May 2007, 18:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

+++I do. Once I played against commander nightgale and even when he had no hope he stil didn`t surrender.+++

Sig by Drobot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
Is a nice guy, though he shouldn't 'have to sig' something someone else says, just to please them.
[quote=Hadhfang]
Is just awesome, and probably emits an aura of Awesomage!
[
Hate Enriches
Sven-Kaiser of Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote