Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Advice on making a campaign book
Old 14 May 2007, 02:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Advice on making a campaign book

so my friends and i are going to try to make our own kind of imperial armour book, with new models and army lists and story lines and stuff. so here is what we have.

The Delphi Uprising

Imperial Archives One

Contents:

The Delphi Uprising

1. The Tyrant of Delphi
2. Road To War
3. The 8th Imperial Siege Army
4. First Assault
5. The Jungle War
6. The Temples of Delphi
7. Breakthrough
8. The War of the Rats
9. The Secret of Delphi

Forces of the Imperium

1. The Altairan Salamanders
2. The Urideshi Siege Korps
3. The Vostroyan Firstborn
4. Leman Russ Prosecutor
5. Siege Equipment
6. Roc Assault Ships
7. Saints

Forces of Chaos

1. Delphisian Cultists
2. Jungle Horrors

Scenarios

Historical Refight scenarios

So we will try to introduce new army lists, equipment and units. My real issue right now is how few Chaos units we have, thers a 7:2 ratio of Imperium to Chaos. Does anyone have any idea os how we might be able to even this out.

Secondly, does anyone have advice or ideas on how to make the book look similar to the FW IA books or the GW codexs, namely borders.

Thanks alot everyone
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 06:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Advice on making a campaign book

Well you can always include a legion of chaos, word bearers are great for that. Some sort of guardians for that secret of delphi perhaps?
Old 14 May 2007, 12:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Without a rough outline of Delphi and some specifics about how this chaos uprising came about, it's hard to suggest appropriate units. For instance, if it was a mining colony you might expect to see some crazed/possessed miners wielding pick axes, shovels, pneumatic drills and mining lasers. They could be an expendable close combat troop choice. If Delphi is a forge world, then perhaps a super-heavy tank pattern unique to Delphi might be available to the forces of chaos? If it is a jungle world then perhaps the local wildlife could be mutated and some unspeakable horrors formed from the world's more dominant predators and bent to the will of chaos? You could of course take this the other way and have diabolical twelve foot mutated killer bunnies hopping about causing mayhem. When you're twelve foot high with big floppy ears and a brain the size of a peanut, eveything's a carrot.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 13:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
You could of course take this the other way and have diabolical twelve foot mutated killer bunnies hopping about causing mayhem. When you're twelve foot high with big floppy ears and a brain the size of a peanut, eveything's a carrot.
Ah, definitely one of the best lines ever. Mind if I sig it?

My advice would be to use Microsoft Publisher, it's great for things like this. Do you or any of your friends have photoshop? I would highly recommend this for any of those cool pictures you want to take and make it look like they're fighting. Speaking of which, do any of the models and vehicles you're talking about exist? Like, have you made them?
Colonel_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 16:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
Quote:
You could of course take this the other way and have diabolical twelve foot mutated killer bunnies hopping about causing mayhem. When you're twelve foot high with big floppy ears and a brain the size of a peanut, eveything's a carrot.
Ah, definitely one of the best lines ever. Mind if I sig it?
Of course not; that'd make my day. :funny:

[hr]

OmikronAlpha is quite a whizz with graphics and some of the things he's produced have really impressed me. I also hear Ravager Zero is similarly talented, although I've not seen his work myself. If you could use a hand developing the images then you might give them a buzz.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 14 May 2007, 17:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
In that case, you simply have to make use of a certain piece of Black Templars wargear. You know the one I mean. Just count to three...

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 18:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin
Quote:
In that case, you simply have to make use of a certain piece of Black Templars wargear. You know the one I mean. Just count to three...
Oh, I know what you mean... I am going to include one (even though it's like 10 points isnt it? :P) JUST so I can model the Holy Hand Grenade.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 18:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

*Looks bewildered*

I don't get it! :-\
Old 14 May 2007, 19:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Monty Python and The Holy Grail
and the Holy Hand Grenade they use it to kill a rabbit with big pointy teeth
I think that could be the Rabbit of Chaos and put three of them on a swam base...and bunnies of of the blood god come forth!

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2007, 22:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders

My advice would be to use Microsoft Publisher, it's great for things like this. Do you or any of your friends have photoshop? I would highly recommend this for any of those cool pictures you want to take and make it look like they're fighting. Speaking of which, do any of the models and vehicles you're talking about exist? Like, have you made them?
Ill have to talk to my friends about that, im not shure if all of us use macs or if someone uses a windows computor.

As far as models go, Altairan troops are cadian soldiers with autoguns and some man portable heavy stubbers. Urideshi troops are krieg troops with the Urideshi paint scheme. and the vostroyans are made by GW.

The leman russ prosecutor is an Urideshi tank that hase twin linked assaultcannons in the turret. Siege equipment will be small conversions on troops. the Roc assault ship will be a gutted and pimped out violin case that will be ussed as a planetary assault ship. My brother is really good at making custom saints so ill have to get those from him. The Delphi traitor types where gonna be based on the empire repentant guys for warhammer. Adn the jungle horrors where gonna be converted chaos hounds.

The planet is not realy a specific type of planet. It alot like the planet you fight on in the first Dawn of War. There is mainly jungle and a large number of cities, but not hives. So i guess that there would be a agricultural world. The uprising happened when the pyrimids where discovered. Many of them contain ancient texts from the pre-horus heresy days and these texts of what the imperium once was compared to what it is now drove the govenour mad, he now plans to burn his way to terra and restore the Imperium to its former state. The chaos gods, seeing his vulnerability have granted him with the power to march on terra, for a price . . .
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote