Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fav Special/Heavy Weapons?
View Poll Results: What are your Favorite Special and Heavy Weapons? (Pick 1 Special and 1 Heavy PLEASE!)
(Special) Flamer 4 3.31%
(Special) Grenade Launcher 17 14.05%
(Special) Plasmagun 22 18.18%
(Special) Meltagun 16 13.22%
(Heavy) Heavy Bolter 9 7.44%
(Heavy) Autocannon 29 23.97%
(Heavy) Missile Launcher 10 8.26%
(Heavy) Lascannon 8 6.61%
(Heavy) Sniper Rifle 5 4.13%
(Heavy) Heavy Flamer 1 0.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07 May 2007, 01:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Fav Special/Heavy Weapons?

So, what are you guy's favorite special and heavy weapons?

Personally I love the meltagun and the Lascannon. High Strength, great for taking out tanks.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 02:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Fav Special/Heavy Weapons?

I'm partial to the plasmagun for it's "do everythingishness", and the Autocannon for it's similarly versatile application.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 02:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

I've got to go with the Autocannon and the Grenade Launcher.

Autocannon because... well... who DOESN'T love autocannons? As Dra'Tuisich-Novae stated, plenty versatile.

I picked the Grenade Launcher because pretty much anyone can take it, but it doesn't risk killing the owner. It's also got a blast option, to boot.

Although the plasma gun sounds pretty tempting, too.

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 02:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm with Novae in regards to the Autocannon; when one or two are deployed in your line, there's little they can do to harm marauding armour. But when you've got them everywhere, including gravchuting in behind enemy vehicles and being employed in flyer strafing runs, there's very little way for the enemy for protect those more vulnerable side and rear armour facings; and those are the Armour Values the Autocannon really excels at defeating.

As for special weapon, well I've never been much of a fan of plasma weapons. I don't really like the way they look and I hate the 'Gets hot' special rule that seems to have burned me more times than statistically it should. But as a Marine player I have come to love the Meltagun. Maybe Guard have little use for such a weapon, seeing as they lack the Space Marines' durability and high Ballistic Skill, but I play an armoured battlegroup, so I don't really get to use many special weapons with Guardsmen. Still, it remains my favourite because it looks so non-threatening yet once it gets up close, it packs greater punch than a Vanquisher cannon!
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 02:32   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

I have to say that my favorite special is the Melta gun, for all the reasons that Tom stated, thanks for not making me type that out Tom!

But my favorite heavy is the Sniper Rifle. I love the ability of that gun to take out just about everything it touches! So what if you've got T6 or 7! I've got a sniper rifle! And when you get them in numbers then they start making back their points VERY fast. At least when I have used them. BTW, as of this time, I am the only one that voted for the All-Holy Sniper!
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 04:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to AfrikA Send a message via Yahoo to AfrikA

If I have to vote from what is given I'll go with auto cannon for heavy and meltagun for special (not together in the same squad)

But heavy flamer gets my real vote for heavy weapon of choice.

"This plan is so perfect it's retarded."
AfrikA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 05:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I personally hate all of them as my Boyz have been fragged by a majority of them, so I decided to vote for my worst hated: The Heavy Bolter. Nothing in the Guard armory has killed as many of my greenskins as those little sucks. The ability to either mow down my boyz or shoot-up my Trukks makes them a true pain in the rear-end.

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 06:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

my favorite specail is the melta because of the sheer awesomeness of dropping 6 meltas behind enemy lines wherever you want to and toasting all of thier tanks and heavys. God i cant get tired of the expression on peoples faces.

Heavy would have to be autocannon since most armies i face lately are horde or light infantry armys.

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
valhallen_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 06:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Ferrox

Meltagun and Auto-cannon, No real reason...I just like em.

1st Karma 4:07:51 AM

[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=43531.0]

Ferrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 07:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Las/plas no imperial guard squad should leave home without them. They complement eachother rather then conflict
Go Guard Or Go Home is offline   Reply With Quote