Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The War Room [Campaign Planning]
Old 06 May 2007, 23:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default The War Room [Campaign Planning]

This thread is to post your Army Lists, Army Fluff and Commander Biographies that will be used in the upcoming Tau Online campaign.
Please, if you have the time, critique and comment on the comments of your fellow members.

This thread can also be used to discuss any tactics you would like to see take place during the campaign.
Old 07 May 2007, 00:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: The War Room [Campaign Planning]

Tactics? Like Global Tactics? Bigger than a single game? How's that work? I'm still mightily confused about how this campaign is going to work
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 01:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Regiment: The Altairan First
Commander: General Ludd Kesselring

Current Data: The Altairan First was sent to Golgotha eleven months ago. The governor requisitioned the first to train new Golgothan regiments, so that they might betrained by well drilled veteran guardsmen. A month ago, it was discovered that the Govenor was under the influence of the xenos known as the Tau. These coniving aliens would seek to use the Altairan First and their talents against the will of the emperor. The Altairan First is a true and steadfast regiment that would not steep to deal with trators and aliens. The Altairan first has begun a gurrilla war on Golgotha, paving the way for the Imperial Liberation force en-route. Only time will tell the fate of this regiment, and the planet it seeks to save.

Here is my army list. It basicly a purely fluff list, but feel free to offer ideas, if i think they will improve my army and stick to the fluff then ill probably change them.

2,500 Point Altairan List

Doctrines:
Grenadiers
Carapace Armor
Veterans
Snipers(ratlings)
Heavy Weapons Platoons

HQ:

High commander
Master Crafted Power sword
Bolt Pistol
Staff officer
Power sword
Staff officer
Guardsman
Master-Vox
Veteran
Madi-pac
Veteran
Bolter
Veteran
Standard
Guardsman
Grenade launcher
Guardsman
Plasmas gun
Carapace armor

Junior officer
Power sword
Bolt pistol
Guardsman
Vox caster
Guardsman
Grenade launcher
2 guardsmen
Carapace armor

Troops:

1 Veteran Grenadier
underslung grenade launcher
1 grenadier
vox caster
2 grenadiers
plasma guns
6 grenadiers

1 veteran grenadier
underslung grenade launcher
1 grenadier
vox caster
2 grenadiers
grenade launchers
7 grenadiers

1 veteran grenadier
master crafted power fist
1 grenadier
vox caster
2 grenadiers
flamers
7 grenadiers
Chimera
Track guards
Heavy bolter
Multi laser
Heavy stubber
Carapace armor

Elites:

1 veteran sergeant
2 veterans
las cannon
2 veterans
melta guns
1 veteran
plasma gun
1 veteran
vox caster
3 veterans

5 ratlings

Heavy Support:

Leman Russ Battle Tank
Heavy bolter
2 heavy bolters
heavy stubber

basilisk
indirect fire
enclosed crew compartment

Fast Attack:

Hellhound Flame Tank
Smoke launchers
Track guards
Rough terrain modification

Sentinel
Lass cannon
Enclosed crew compartment

Super Heavy Detachment:

1 Gorgon
4 Heavy Bolters
Extra Armor
Track Guards
Smoke launcher

Support Squads:

6 guardsmen
3 las cannons
carapace armor

2 guardsmen
las cannon
4 guardsmen
2 missile launchers
carapace armor

3 guardsmen
3 sniper rifle
3 guardsmen
carapace armor

6 guardsmen
3 heavy bolters
carapace armor

2 guardsmen
auto cannon
4 guardsmen
2 heavy bolters

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 06:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

what should the points cost be? I can make an army of pretty much any size but bigger is obviously better. ;D

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
valhallen_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 11:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultstadt Solvek 7th Rider
what should the points cost be? I can make an army of pretty much any size but bigger is obviously better. ;D
Pst whatever list you will lkely be using in the campaign.
Old 07 May 2007, 13:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hey beowulf I like your covert operations idea. You might discover some fluff on the Planetary Governor Paulinous IV supports your army (although not in name) .

As for your army list nice. However I wonder how easy it is to smuggle a Gorgon planetside? That must have been a mean feat of deception.

[hr]

As for my army fluff I won't post it directly here again if your interested;
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=43795.30 About halfway down the page.

My army size will vary on the battle I am playing. But fluffwise stuff that my army has (obviously I don't own the aeronatica fleet, but I need some way to move my army about when it is basically on a ghost ship);

Troopship: TS/Alpha-33 "Bluewhale"
Aeronautica: 9x Valkyries. 3x Thunderhawk Transporters 4x Thunderbolt Fighters 1x Maruder Bomber
Troops: 216x Regulars 325x Conscripts 34x Stormtroops 5x Ranking Officers
Equipment: 4x Autocannon 2x Missile Launchers 3x Heavy Mortars 5x Mortars 14x Sentinels-Two with multimeltas 2x Hellhound Flame Tanks 1x Chimera Transport-Autocannon Turret
Raw recruits: 4420-Fresh civilians from Hydron II

My army is primarily light infantry and has a 'no tanks' philosophy. I just don't like 40k tanks that much, hence why I don't own the models. I also don't own many heavy weapons to go with the rest of my troops so they are pretty much a charge and die army. Which is perfect, its the way I play them on the table top. Thatís why my fluff matches them.

The overall fate of my army is going to depend on the campaign outcome. However for now I'm looking to secure St. Anastasias Cathedral on the Golgothain Prime Hive. Ok thatís a rather tactical objective, but because there is 'green' space around the Cathedral it makes it a location for an LZ to drop more imperial troops onto the planet.

As part of the 1171st There is also Inquisitor Pethindor Branus and his small group of Witch Hunters. I may not own a Witch Hunter army, but like the airfleet it is attached to the group because of past fluff. Inquisitor Branus is dealing with high end talks within the Imperial Orbiting forces and so will be dealing discussions with Inquisitor Holt, Admeral Sharn
and Cardinal Boras.

My other Commanders are Commissar Reynell Luttin, Lord Militant Commander General Erwin Smouse and his Heroic Senior Officer Arcturus "Pinpoint" Atkins.

Commissar Reynell Luttin is the longest standing member of the 1171st He was Ďtrainedí as part of PDF force for the planet Clendi Prime, in spite of this he did not fit in with the stereotypical guardsmen. As a young soldier he was quick to question his superior officers and suggest better tactics or methods of carrying out actions. This quickly lead to him being made a platoon leader, but his poor inspiration to his men lead to the platoon fairing poorly during war games. Becoming increasing infuriated with his men, he resorted to harsh punishments which finally resulted in him commencing an on the spot executions for soldiers who performed badly.

This was quickly brought to the attention of his superiors who found this young officer distasteful and of questionable use in the PDF. As punishment Luttin was moved offworld and placed within the Penal Colony on Clendi Primes moon.

With the roll call to arms for the 1171st Conscript Battalion he was quickly snapped up as someone with military experience. General Runne at the time found a use for him within the army to keep the Battalions Captain in line.

With his new promotion to Commissar, Luttin outdid himself during the Forner Debacle. He was responsible for rectifying many of the mistakes made by Captain Mothman and the implementing of harsh measures over the troops to insure that they survived the campaign that was quickly losing momentum under General Runne. In the end it is still of question to determine how much of the Commissars involvement in the campaign resulted in the overall outcome.

Commissar Luttin played a minor roll in the cleansing of Regland, being used mostly to organise troops and resupplyment. Much the same can be said of his involvement in the Hydron II campaign. Although he took part in the diplomatic party to converse with the Tau Korío and the fighting in the old human settlements against the genestealer infestation his contribution was hardly of note to the overall outcome in terms of combat prowess.

A lifetime of war has left Reynell Luttin at age 137 scared both physically and mentally he helps keep the 1171st ticking over like the well oiled machine it is. As a striking contrast from his early years, his old age is beginning to kick in and with it a deeper sense of duty and cause. Often silent and tolerant of those below him his reputation goes before him and often a word spoken in his name is worth 50 lashes.

General Erwin Smouse has many admirable actions already under his belt with his brave scouting actions to find the hidden cult on Regland Death World, his then promotion to General directly from those actions over the short campaign that followed.

In combat he has shown himself to be more than competent his short temper has whipped the 1171st into what it is today, however much of his rise to leadership has been linked back to his old friendship with Captain Mothman and Commissar Luttin it seems that in lue of any better commanders his tough and gallant initives have proved to more lucky then well thought through. It is his brash personally which has inspired those around him to follow though actions. This personality trait was something that was identified by Commissar Luttin in Captain Mothman. Perhaps the need of continuity needed in leadership drove his promotion.

At any rate General Erwin throws himself into combat scenarios, much to the displeasure of his Stormtroop bodyguards. Most importantly he was there during the extermination of the Bloodlord Matriarc on Hydron II which was able to halt a full Tyranid invasion. It is down to his inspiration that he convinced a young Gue'vesa engineer to stand in front of death incarnate and fire a meltagun.

His charisma seems to stem from a feeling of tough love for his men, which is often reinforced by his somewhat prophetic nature, which makes men believe his word almost to the letter.

Heroic Senior Officer Arcturus "Pinpoint" Atkins is a veteran of past actions in the 1171st To those around him he is known as Pinpoint as he prefers his first name of Arcturus to go unmentioned. Hailing from an unknown world, he has kept his background hidden. Like many men within the 1171st some memories are best left behind, so few questions have been asked.

His slow progression up the ranks has seen him serve at all levels, from the common sniper with his long-laz to Sergeant and now as Senior Officer of the 1171st. A simple man, his reputation as a crack shot is legendary in the regiment. Able to disable a Tau Battlesuit with a well placed shot in the plasma leads at the range of 900 meters. Furthermore his respect for his men leads them to trust him with a faith that impresses even Brother Thonous.

As of yet his worth as a commander is to be tested. However from past actions he should be well up to deal with this task.

[hr]

On a side note I think we should lock our Imperial fluff together by citing the actions of other regiments as well as our own when we write fluff. I'm not saying we write each others fluff, but we use it to back up our own. Hence for example;

beowulfs army has been planetside for 11 months prior to the beginning of active conflict, hence because my troops need some security that they are not going to crash land in the middle of a group of Tau or Choas forces he notes some fluff about a team of his soldiers preparing a informant network using the anti-Tau gang leaders and mafia bosses to feed information to the orbiting Imperial fleet. I then come along when I write my 'drop troop' fluff and cite beowulfs Altairan First and a 'thanks' transmission to General Kesselring for the drop co-ordinates. As a response he can call for 1171st Airsupport in one of his fluff articles, and I'll reciprocate with citing a lack of available airsupport for the 1171st because its supporting Altairan guerrilla operations.

So if anybody wish to request 1171st Airsupport or wants to note 1171st actions around St. Anastasias Cathedral. They may be free to do so. I would be honoured.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 16:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Nice thread, but how are we supposed to discuss strategy? It's just like the Medusa campaign...
Anyway, time for my fluff...

[hr]

Amperia
The 63rd Amperian armoured division hails from the world Amperia. Amperia is situated in the Segmentum Obscurus, in the centre of a cluster of smaller worlds, moons and huge asteroids. All those other planets and moons prevent any sunlight from reaching amperia, and the world is therefore in a constant state of night. The world is also dead and there is no animals or xenos known to inhabit Amperia, the few human colonist depend on the closest inhabited human world to resupply them as you can't grow nor hunt anything in the constant darkness of Amperia. A lot of people get depressed due to the lack of vitamin D, and most of the settlers would prefer to be somewhere else, and therefore they join the Imperial guard. The armies at Amperia are skilled and disciplined, as they fight as heroes on the trainings grounds, hoping that they will prove themself capable of joining a campaign or battle off-world. In fact, almost 35% of the Amperian population is in the imperial guard. But since the Amperian population is extremely small, only 730.000 inhabitants, the battalions and legions are only a fraction of the other systems. So with such a small Imperial Guard presence the armies tend to stay on Amperia unless there is a significant lack of soldiers in certain parts of space. Even though there is such a large army compared to the population, most of the men and women tend to live a quite peaceful life due to the lack of missions around Amperia, and most of the soldiers never get to use a Lasgun except on the firing range. Why the imperium wanted to colonise Amperia is not known. But people believe it has something to do with the cold, dark desert containing ruins of an unknown civilization. But neither the Ordo Xenos, Ordo Hereticus nor the Adeptus mechanicus has any units stationed on Amperia, and the guardsmen themself and the basic Tech priests of the cities take care of the research. But the planet seems to have some important role for the imperium, as they send huge amounts of supplies to Amperia and always come to assist if there is any problem. Only time will tell what lurks in the cold, barren and dead landscapes of Amperia.

Only time will tell...

[hr]

The 63rd Amperian armoured division, Second company

The 63rd Amperian armoured division is one of the few armies that have been off-world. The army consist of only 7000 men, but almost 1200 tanks. The 63rd have been divided into seven different companies, the second company is the smallest, having nothing but 700 men to their disposal, and the Fourth is the largest, consisting of 3500 men and almost half of the fighting vehicles. The companies always fight together, not necessarily at the same spot, but at least the same planet. They keep consant contact to each other are never leave one and another behind. The Grand commander (Commanding the First division) is Iniva Namasar, one of the only three female commanders on the entire planet. She have proven herself as a capable commander and is second in command of whole Amperia, having Hagent Savar one step above her in the Amperian Hierarchy. But he is old and soon he will pass into the Emperors realm. Sachs Utho is the commander of the smallest company, the second company (Which i play). He is young and haven't managed to prove himself on the battlefield, but his gunnery and leadership capabilities are excellent on Amperia, but the high command doubt that he can think clear under the pressure of the battlefield. His company consist of 600 soldiers, 80 storm troopers, 10 junior lieutenants and ten different types of advisors as well as 75 tanks, 15 aircraft and ten supply and repair vehicles.

[hr]
Army list

Here comes my armylist... Using the Armoured battlegroup from IA1.

[hr]

HQ

Company command tank
Vanquisher, Lascannon, extra armour, improved comms.
260 Points

[hr]

Elite

Squadron command tank
Demolisher, lascannon, plasma cannon sponsons, extra armour.
225 Points

Commissar tank
Exterminator, heavy bolter, heavy bolter sponsons, track guards, extra armour, heavy stubber.
207 Points
Troops

[hr]

2 Tanks
Leman russ, lascannon, extra armour, heavy bolter sponsons.
340 Points

[hr]

Fast attack

2 Storm trooper squads and Chimeras.
Stormies: 2 plasma guns.
Chimera: Track guards, extra armour, heavy bolter, multilaser.

418 Points

[hr]

Heavy support

Siege tank
Hellhound, Extra armour, Track guards.
130 Points

1450 points total

Okay... Not trying to thread-hijack, but feel free to critique.

MistahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 May 2007, 19:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The Macedonian Corp. of the Elite commanded by Lt. Cornell _____(unknown name) and sub commanded by Cornell Schaeffer, and Officer Shilo.
Under the supreme command of the Alteran First this elite penal regiment will willingly die for our personal cause. We plan to infiltrate into Golgotha's cities and take the city back piece by piece

HQ 368

Lt. Cornell (SO)
Master Crafted Storm Bolter
Plasma Pistol
Medic
Mortar
2xGuardsman
Chamoline
Chem-Inhalers
Hardened Fighters
Xeno-Fighters Tyranids

Fire Support Squad
2xHeavy Bolters
Auto Cannon
Surveyor
Xeno-Fighters Tyranids
Light Infantry
Chem-Inhalers
Hardened Fighters
Chamoline

Anti-Tank Squad
2xMissle Launchers
Lascannon
Light Infantry
Chem-Inhalers
Chamoline
Hardened Fighters
Xeno-Fighters Tyranids

Troops 932

Infantry Platoon
Light Infantry
Chamoline
Chem-Inhalers
Hardened Fighters
Xeno-Fighters Tyranids

Command Squad
Officer Shilo (JO)
Refractor Field
Powerfist
Banner
4xGrenade Launchers

Squad A
Grenade Launcher
Mortar

Squad B
Grenade Launcher
Mortar

Armoured Fist
Vet Sarg
Grenade Launcher
Chamoline
Chem-Inhalers
Hardened Fighters
Xeno-Fighters Tyranids
Chimera
Auto Cannon
Heavy Bolter
Heavy Stubber
HK Missile
Smoke Launchers

Last Chancers
Schaeffer & Kage
12xLast Chancers
6xSpecialists
2xFlammers
Demo Charge
Lascannon
Plasma Gun
Meltagun

Fast Attack 60

Sentinel
Lascannon
Xeno-Fighters Tyranids

Heavy Support 325

Basilisk
Indirect Fire

Vanquisher
Lascannon
Bolter Side Sponsons
HK Missile

Allies
HQ 205

Inquisitor Lord
Inferno Pistol
Master Crafted Power Stake
Scourging
Rosarius
Melta Bombs
3xWarriors
3xCrusaders

Elites 110
Vindicare Assassin

Total 2000

Doctrines
Light Infantry
Chem-Inhalers
Chamoline
Hardened Fighters
Xeno-Fighters Tyranids

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2007, 02:39   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
Hey beowulf I like your covert operations idea. You might discover some fluff on the Planetary Governor Paulinous IV supports your army (although not in name) .

As for your army list nice. However I wonder how easy it is to smuggle a Gorgon planetside? That must have been a mean feat of deception.

well, hiding the three gorgons and three Marchariay (plural marcharius) was tricky. We brought them to Golgatha thinking that they would assids in training hopefull Golgothan guardsmen. Right now weve hidden them in an abbandoned factory, extensive guard is placed in the area.
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2007, 03:58   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

woot woot, extreme sneakyness (chamoline+light infantry-basilisk)
In addion we will have to very sneaky getting that titan ready to "serve the emporor"

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote