Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ummm... these are Death Riders?
Old 29 Apr 2007, 03:22   #21 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Ummm... these are Death Riders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf
I really like the head armour on the horses. throuhg i would have preferad it to be in more places.
Why would you put head armour in other places other than the head?
Just kiddin ;D

As far as those worried about the "Too cool to bother with you" poses, I wouldn't be surprised if FW soon releases a second set of charging RR's since the already have at-ease and charging platoon sets. Cheers
Old 29 Apr 2007, 09:41   #22 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
No, they're only genetically modified, occasionally with cybernetic implants. Look at your local stable, and you're not gonna find muscular body builder horses like those in the picture.
I think you should go back to the stable for a second look. Or is your stable a particular good stable with very well breed horses. A police horse would look fat next to those FW ones, they are veyy muscular to me.
Old 29 Apr 2007, 15:21   #23 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontus
Quote:
No, they're only genetically modified, occasionally with cybernetic implants. Look at your local stable, and you're not gonna find muscular body builder horses like those in the picture.
I think you should go back to the stable for a second look. Or is your stable a particular good stable with very well breed horses. A police horse would look fat next to those FW ones, they are veyy muscular to me.
Erm...that's what he said. ???
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 15:34   #24 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven-Kaiser of Krieg
+++I really dissagree, any bigger it would look unreal. Have you seen the WW1 German cavalry?+++
WW1 cavalry didn't have high-explosive charges on the end of their lances...
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2007, 21:37   #25 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontus
Quote:
Erm...that's what he said. ???
Ahhh...indeed he did. :-)
I will try to blame it on english not being my first language. (But really I made a mistake)
Old 29 Apr 2007, 22:41   #26 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven-Kaiser of Krieg
+++I bought mine at FW open day. Really detailed models, and certainly not robotic! They have a fully intergrated drug injection system and have been biologicaly enhanced[as with everything these days] to be agressive and have sub-dermal organic armour.+++
Which means absolutely jack to lasgun-fire. Or any fire, for that matter...

Maybe they're knife-resistant?

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 02:31   #27 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

does sub-dermal organic armour mean like a socend layer of think skin, or bone, or like a tyranid carapce inside.
beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 07:27   #28 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Dakari
bardass
If that was meant to be a bad pun regarding cavalry barding I swear I will have to slap you.

On the aside, even though they are cool, they aren&#39;t what I&#39;m after, as such methinks I will convert some rohan riders or something when/if I do mine.
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2007, 09:12   #29 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I love these new models but i still have a very difficult time accepting HORSES as a viable means of warfare in the 41st millenium. heck... 42nd now. Of course my alternative isnt much better but ww2 circa german motorbikes would be MUCH better in my opinion... smaller in scale and less bulky than a marine bike and no turbo... just counts as rough riders... with a lance sticking out to poke ppl with. poke poke.

cheers

p
Old 30 Apr 2007, 13:50   #30 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Yeah... I wonder, do they have Rough Riders in Epic?

Because if they do, and they&#39;re actually useful at all, they&#39;re idiots...

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god&#039;s function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote