Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Officer rules in IA1?
Reply
Old 19 Apr 2007, 18:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sandviken, Sweden.
Posts: 252
Default Officer rules in IA1?

I have a a question regarding IA:1, some things not included in the errata, it's about the Armoured fist Command squad, and the Officer transferring his Leadership to squads within 12".

In the command squad entry, there is no such special rule, but when you check the Vox casters entry, it clearly states "This way the Officer does not need to be within 12" to transfer his leadership blah blah blah". Is the vox entry copied from the ordinary Guard codex, and they forgot to edit it? Or have they forgot to add the rule to the Command squad?
__________________




MistahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 18:42   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Midnight Ocean
Posts: 26,404
Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Officer rules in IA1?

The Officer in question gets all the rules a normal Guard Officer does.
__________________
Farewell, Kangaroo Joe, you shall not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 19:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sandviken, Sweden.
Posts: 252
Default Re: Officer rules in IA1?

Ok, thanks.
I'm just curious, is this just common sense, or have you actually read it somewhere?
__________________




MistahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 19:46   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Midnight Ocean
Posts: 26,404
Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Officer rules in IA1?

It's common sense, though I believe a FAQ covered it also.

Things like rules for including Techpriests were also explicitly mentioned in the FAQ.
__________________
Farewell, Kangaroo Joe, you shall not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 20:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hertford, UK
Posts: 5,086
Default Re: Officer rules in IA1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's common sense, though I believe a FAQ covered it also.

Things like rules for including Techpriests were also explicitly mentioned in the FAQ.
Like he said; it's 'not included in the errata'. It is common sense, but he's looking for an actual ruling here, backed up by reference to the appropriate source material, not just an opinion.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 20:28   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Midnight Ocean
Posts: 26,404
Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Officer rules in IA1?

It's not an opinion, it's bloody obvious.

The vox caster does not work without the Officer's Leadership rule. As the Armoured Fist officer can take a vox caster, and the vox-caster rules make reference to the rule in question, they must have it.

This, to me, is the "Marines don't have Power Armour!" all over again.


Edit: Right, an "end of argument" quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Armour Volume 1, Armoured Battlegroup Army List, Imperial Guard Wargear, Vox-caster Entry
"If a Command HQ or Command Section has a vox-caster, then one squad per turn that also has a vox-caster may use the Leadership value of the Officer, no matter where they are located on the battlefield (ie, THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE WITHIN 12" OF THE OFFICER AS WOULD NORMALLY BE THE CASE).
There, the army list itself states that the Officer grants his Ld bonus as normal.
__________________
Farewell, Kangaroo Joe, you shall not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 14:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,460
Default Re: Officer rules in IA1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's not an opinion, it's bloody obvious.

The vox caster does not work without the Officer's Leadership rule. As the Armoured Fist officer can take a vox caster, and the vox-caster rules make reference to the rule in question, they must have it.

This, to me, is the "Marines don't have Power Armour!" all over again.


Edit: Right, an "end of argument" quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Armour Volume 1, Armoured Battlegroup Army List, Imperial Guard Wargear, Vox-caster Entry
"If a Command HQ or Command Section has a vox-caster, then one squad per turn that also has a vox-caster may use the Leadership value of the Officer, no matter where they are located on the battlefield (ie, THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE WITHIN 12" OF THE OFFICER AS WOULD NORMALLY BE THE CASE).
There, the army list itself states that the Officer grants his Ld bonus as normal.
What? Of course marines have power armor... right? ???
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 16:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hertford, UK
Posts: 5,086
Default Re: Officer rules in IA1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's not an opinion, it's bloody obvious.

The vox caster does not work without the Officer's Leadership rule. As the Armoured Fist officer can take a vox caster, and the vox-caster rules make reference to the rule in question, they must have it.

This, to me, is the "Marines don't have Power Armour!" all over again.


Edit: Right, an "end of argument" quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Armour Volume 1, Armoured Battlegroup Army List, Imperial Guard Wargear, Vox-caster Entry
"If a Command HQ or Command Section has a vox-caster, then one squad per turn that also has a vox-caster may use the Leadership value of the Officer, no matter where they are located on the battlefield (ie, THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE WITHIN 12" OF THE OFFICER AS WOULD NORMALLY BE THE CASE).
There, the army list itself states that the Officer grants his Ld bonus as normal.
No need to get all bent out of shape. I said I agreed with you but I was asking you to qualify your statement with particular citation of the source material, rather than just stating the rules without reference. You've done that now, and that's all I wanted. Geez... :
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Sanders
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slaanesh Naval Officer Circus Freak House Rules 3 29 Jul 2009 09:43
I've got a some officer questions trex238 Imperial Guard 4 18 Jul 2007 10:17
Junior Officer Pollo Showcase 8 30 Mar 2007 10:43
My Junior Officer Aftercresent Showcase 13 03 May 2006 13:58
IG officer Kais Showcase 13 31 Jul 2005 14:00