Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Officer rules in IA1?
Old 19 Apr 2007, 18:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Officer rules in IA1?

I have a a question regarding IA:1, some things not included in the errata, it's about the Armoured fist Command squad, and the Officer transferring his Leadership to squads within 12".

In the command squad entry, there is no such special rule, but when you check the Vox casters entry, it clearly states "This way the Officer does not need to be within 12" to transfer his leadership blah blah blah". Is the vox entry copied from the ordinary Guard codex, and they forgot to edit it? Or have they forgot to add the rule to the Command squad?

MistahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 18:42   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Officer rules in IA1?

The Officer in question gets all the rules a normal Guard Officer does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 19:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ok, thanks.
I'm just curious, is this just common sense, or have you actually read it somewhere?

MistahG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 19:46   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

It's common sense, though I believe a FAQ covered it also.

Things like rules for including Techpriests were also explicitly mentioned in the FAQ.

Quote:
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 19 Apr 2007, 20:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
It's common sense, though I believe a FAQ covered it also.

Things like rules for including Techpriests were also explicitly mentioned in the FAQ.
Like he said; it's 'not included in the errata'. It is common sense, but he's looking for an actual ruling here, backed up by reference to the appropriate source material, not just an opinion.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2007, 20:28   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

It's not an opinion, it's bloody obvious.

The vox caster does not work without the Officer's Leadership rule. As the Armoured Fist officer can take a vox caster, and the vox-caster rules make reference to the rule in question, they must have it.

This, to me, is the "Marines don't have Power Armour!" all over again.

Edit: Right, an "end of argument" quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Armour Volume 1, Armoured Battlegroup Army List, Imperial Guard Wargear, Vox-caster Entry
"If a Command HQ or Command Section has a vox-caster, then one squad per turn that also has a vox-caster may use the Leadership value of the Officer, no matter where they are located on the battlefield (ie, THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE WITHIN 12" OF THE OFFICER AS WOULD NORMALLY BE THE CASE).
There, the army list itself states that the Officer grants his Ld bonus as normal.

Quote:
Old 20 Apr 2007, 14:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:

The vox caster does not work without the Officer's Leadership rule. As the Armoured Fist officer can take a vox caster, and the vox-caster rules make reference to the rule in question, they must have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Armour Volume 1, Armoured Battlegroup Army List, Imperial Guard Wargear, Vox-caster Entry
"If a Command HQ or Command Section has a vox-caster, then one squad per turn that also has a vox-caster may use the Leadership value of the Officer, no matter where they are located on the battlefield (ie, THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE WITHIN 12" OF THE OFFICER AS WOULD NORMALLY BE THE CASE).
There, the army list itself states that the Officer grants his Ld bonus as normal.
What? Of course marines have power armor... right? ???
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2007, 16:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:

Quote:
No need to get all bent out of shape. I said I agreed with you but I was asking you to qualify your statement with particular citation of the source material, rather than just stating the rules without reference. You've done that now, and that's all I wanted. Geez... :
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote