Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Your Imperial Guard army
Old 14 Apr 2007, 14:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks
Default Your Imperial Guard army

So im Wondering you all have guard armies that obviously have fluff and doctrines why dont you all share them.

My Sirician 33rd Redbacks are a heavy infantry company from a harsh but rich frontier world, that has some industrial might, I field a large amount of armoured vehicles along with the Doctrines Carapace armour, Hardened fighters, Priests, Veterans and sanctioned psykers.
In General they are an elite Sledge hammer for human infantry the best outside the Astartes.
My company which are the 33rd are one of only three heavy companies as Siricia are famous for thier light Infantry and Light Horse (armies which i intend to create in the near future).
The 33rd Have been heavily involved in fighting the black Legion Lord Demetrius, In the the empty worlds of the Ionas subsector, where the insidious daemon prince searches for weapons to steal from the dormant necron Tombs located on many of the dead worlds, They are assisted in thier hunt By the Revenants chapters 5th company, And Inquisitor Cautoc's Inquisitorial forces (my other 2 imperial armies that appear in multiple detachment games).
Thats all so far
Old 14 Apr 2007, 19:06   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior
Default Re: Your Imperial Guard army

im workin on it. I have to find a reason that a group of men who arent very good in cc decide to make frequent cc assaults on enemy positions. ;D

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
valhallen_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 03:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

This is the fluff for my guard army, the Tenboran 27th "trench rats" Its written more as a story from one troopers point of view with only a few lines on the planet/background.

The planet Tenbora V is of little interest to the Imperium, its main contribution being the grox meat that feeds the imperiums multitudes. It breeds tough, resilient people who led a peaceful lifestyle albeit in the harsh arid environment of their homeworld.
This changed when a huge ork Waaagh erupted in a nearby system, carving a bloody path of destruction until they landed on Tenbora V. The Tenborans however had not been idle. A massive line of trenches and fortifications lined the main continent, manned by every able bodied human on the planet...

Trooper Lyles barley registered the alarm sirens as he dragged himself out of the muddy hole he had called home for the past month. Grabbing his lasgun Lyles climbed up to the firing step and peered out over no mans land. Shapes moved in the thick cloying fog as tracer bullets whipped past his head, screams could be heard in the distance as some bullets found their mark. His squads autocannon, the affectionately named Big Bertha started firing now, the throaty roar a defiant challenge to the enemy. Seargent Kane appeared at the firing step as the first of the greenskins reached the trenches, pointing his laspistol Kane fired into the face of the first ork, bellowing profanities and encouragement at the same time.

Suddenly the screams became real and immediate as a guardsman came running through the trenches only to fall to a blow from behind. He fell, revealing a snarling ork kommando and dozens of others swarming through the outer defences as the ork artillery began to pound the shattered imperial lines.
To Lyles time its self seemed to be slowing down. He saw Cid gunned down at point black range as more orks leaped into the trenches, laying about themselves with massive hatchets. He saw Kate stride forward as flamer in hand and fear in her eyes she fired upon the orks, filling the air with the stench of burnt flesh.

The guardsmen were now fighting in little knots as the lines were overwhelmed in a seemingly unstoppable tide of green. Lyles, Kane and Kate hid in their shell hole as ork buggies roared past. "Got a light?" Kane asked during a lull as he pulled a filthy dogend from behind his ear. Lyles silently passed him a lighter as Kate poked her head out of the shell hole, drawing the attention of some of the orks. Lyles snapped off a shot with his lasgun into the mob as a whistling shrieking sound filled the air. The drop pods struck the ground, throwing up dirt and bodies. Marines of the RavenGuard chapter leaped out of the drop pods and swiftly overwhelmed the few orks still scavenging. They found an empty battlefield, the horde of greenskins having swept into the next level of trenches, set further back.

Ragged groups of guardsmen emerged from their foxholes cheering. All was not lost, The battle for Tenbora V would go on.

[EDIT] soon coming in (poorly drawn) comic form to an IG forum near you!
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 04:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

Cypussian 666.

The System of Cyprus was the Primary Producer of Armored Vehicles for the entire segmentum obscourus untill the warpstorm Gale-4 hit. After 600 years of battle with Demonic beaings the Imperial forces in the sector were able to pull out on a partially captured space hulk. The 666 were among those. They ended up comeing upon the craft world of Ilydain(sp?) thanks to the space haulk they were in getting cought up with the tyranid fleet. They fought with the eldar on the world and sufferd hourendus causalties. They were then transported by the eldar and now work as mercanaries and are based an Ilydalain(sp?).

Doctrine wise I use vetrens, tyranid fighters, iron discaplin, spec wepon squads.
And if my opponent lets me I use a string of vehicles I have created. They use lots of salamanders, and have a good amount of mechanized units.

However this changes quite alot, the only part that dosn't change is their homeworld and what happend to it.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 04:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultstadt Solvek 7th Rider
I have to find a reason that a group of men who arent very good in cc decide to make frequent cc assaults on enemy positions. ;D
Incompetent commanders? "Blood for the Blood God?" Glory hounds?

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 10:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well if you look on the main TO site you can find some of my 1171st Conscript Battalion fluff.

However a brief outlay and history of the 1171st;

First founded 453.M41 as self defense PDF force to deal with ork incursions into eastern fringe Imperail systems. It was of little note as an army until the Forner debacle

The Forner debacle was a 27 year war of attrition with Tyranid forces after the splitter hive fleet was destroyed in orbit. However the bugs had been able to get some spores planetside, the insuring campaign was poorly managed and resulted in many of the old commanders being executed for being delinquents (failing in their duty).

During the war a new commander Captain Mothman (Not the TO Mothman) was appointed and he was rather effective at reducing the number of caustics by training up raw conscripts in the field against the Xeno threat.

This resulted in the creation of Veteran troops who were much more able to survive under the harsh conditions. Additionally the battalion was able to procure stormtrooper equipment for the best of the best.

The final result was that when the shattered force left the planet it was much stronger with better leadership then when it first began the war.

The War was ended with an exterminus of the planet.

The 1171st was dispatched to Regland Ice World shortly after this as a scout group to find out why a number of relay stations were no longer transmitting.

They discovered Chaos taint on the planet and a short campaign was required to cleanse the world, however unconfirmed reports of a dormant daemon gate are still posted around.

During those actions Captain Mothman died being replaced by a Sentinel Pilot Erwin Smouse who was the highest ranking personal left after the defense of Beta OP-Regland1. as quoted from reports;

"The Regland Beta compound engagement was concluded by the fateful arrival of the inquisitorial ship ‘Righteous Perils’ Captain Mothman was posthumously promoted to General with his skull being sent back to holy Tera by his commissar. As for the rest of the 1171st Conscript Battalion they were renamed the 1st Regland under the command of General Erwin (ex-sentinel pilot). They cleansed their new homeworld with the help of the Space Wolves. "

Regland became the Battalions new homeworld. After a short period of peace the army was once again dispatched to war after the receiving of a distress message, as quoted from reports;

"I Governor Cornelius Sultar IIV of Hydron II,
humbly request military assistance in the defence of this planet against the enemies of the imperium. My PDF has been overrun or has turned traitor with the Xeno. Our situation has become most desperate and those of us who are left have moved to City IX where our control over the planetary defence systems has bought us time and a negotiation bargaining chip.

We cannot hold our position here for long as my governors’ palace and fortress island lacks supplies to hold out under siege, even though our shields can be kept operational. I request assistance, my PDF commander has left attachments as to our remaining forces and supply’s, may the emperor be with us.

Date: 560 765.M41

Your humble servant,
Governor Cornelius Sultar IIV"[/i]

The Hydron II incident was most unfortunate for the 1171st as warp travel proved to be unpredictable with the task force landing on the world 106 years too late.

The world was found in Tau hands an although negotiations took place these were interupted by Genestealer cultists hidden within the Gue'vesa population of Hydron II. The resultant war was brutal with the General personally leading a party deep within the capital to cleanse the cult with the help of Inquisitor Pethador Branus and members of the Ordo Hereticus.

During this time a lowly squad leader by the name of Atkins or Pinpoint as his nickname. Showed his metal as a charismatic commander inspiring the men around him in the defense of the old spaceport. After actions here and the promotion of Commander-general Erwin Smouse to Lord Millitant he became the Senior Officer in charge of the 1171st.

Other characters in the 1171st Include Commissar Luttin. A quite calculating Commissar with a fiery attitude when angered. He is also prone to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder making him very dangerous to those who fail in their duty. Additionally Brother Thonous is a member of the 1171st helping to inspire new recruits and keep them on the path of the emperor. A rather fat preacher he is seen as a father by many of the younger recruits and those around him are inspired to feats of heroism. Such as a lowly ex-gue'vesa engineer by the name of Kresak who was inspired to stand his ground alone in front of a Broodlord armed with nothing but a misfuctioning Melta gun. The result was this cowardly civilian was able to stop the cult on Hydron II on his own. This earned him a place within the 1171st Serving next to Colonel Atkins, wheather he enjoys life within the guard is yet to be seen.

Yeah, there is some of the fluff to my army, it really is rather long and this is just the basics. It might make a good book someday however so long as I still play warhammer this story doesn't have an end. Next up they fight on Golgotha, depending on what happens there the army could change drastically. Already there have been 6 commanders in its history and some characters are coming to a point where I have to kill them off because they are becoming old, plus the army has become much bigger over the years and it needs to have that feel in the fluff I write, hence the High Commander narrators, compared to the foot sloggers

Docterines and stuff;
Conscripts, light infantry, stormtroops, priests, Hardend fighters

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2007, 05:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

hmm... glory hounds might work.. I guess pride in thier assaulty prowess.. ;D

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
Old 16 Apr 2007, 09:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

Ulstadt You should take independant commissars in conscipt platoons that go aroung assaulting stuff, they are fearless but terrible in CC
Old 17 Apr 2007, 01:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

i thought of that but im usein one unit of full conscripts and one unit of full IP, then 2 or 3 assaulty cc specailist units, then 2 bassies. The conscripts are the core assault stuff, they are meat to protect the better guys, the regular IP is tank killing and objective capturing stuff. Also a few drop trooped vets with meltas and mabey one with plasma. ;D

Old 17 Apr 2007, 19:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

The Macedonian Corps. of the Penal Elite
An army of convicts with a lot of experience with scheaffer and his last chancers. Combat Drugs are commonly used and the soldiers reap the benefits of such use (chem-inhalers). Also Fielding far to many heavy weapons is our regiments hook although the crews never like working with another crew that Fields a different gun. In addition all soldiers are issued chamoline armour that blends in with their ruined city and barren dessert planet (chamoline). Every man is used to moving through rubble and setting up in advaced positions (light infantry). Fielding few armour pieces (they are a penal regiment) they have gotten used to dropping in and using many grenade launchers, plasma guns, and melta weapons to destroy their enemies fleets of armour.

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote