Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

So, about plasma guns
Old 14 Apr 2007, 05:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default So, about plasma guns

My new army is coming along nicely...but Ive discovered that while a wide variety of units can field plasma guns like candy, they don't actually seem to come on the sprues Ive purchased. Do I have to buy SM ones and convert, or am I missing something?

Also, Last chancers. I saw the col in a blister pack, but theres no sign of the rest of em, do I just whip something up outta a troop box, or is there at least a model for kage?

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2007, 06:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: So, about plasma guns

personally i hate plasmaguns on anybody but stormtroops or command squads with medics... just too dangerous to lose that guy right before he gets to save the day bad luck stuff... but if you are so inclined to take the chance, I havent actually seen any plas guns for sale in a sprue, only welded to the guy in the special weapons blisters of meetal figs. ask the space marine guys, they have a lot more sprues at ther disposal. At worst, just make one out of plastic army-man-bits
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2007, 06:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

well there is a cool tutorial on Bootcamp. ill get you a link. Just a sec.

ok i got it.

this link shows how to use a basic cadian flamer and a marine plasma pistol to make a good lookin plasma gun.

Linky linky

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
valhallen_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2007, 06:56   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Now I'm not well versed when it comes to the contents of all the different spruce, but I was looking through GW's online store and it looks like your best bet might just be the Chaos Space Marine Accessory Sprue. It contains two plasma guns, one more than any other sprue I found. It's 5.00 USD or 4.00 GBP.

Hope that helps,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2007, 08:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Yes the choas sprue does contain two...

You could always ask your club memebers/friends/significant gaming others/members here (trading board)

On the note of the Chancers- The colonel is the only availible model now. Kage doesn't have a model at all i think and the rest (the special ones) only came in the limited edition box set.
Old 14 Apr 2007, 09:39   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

And that limited edition box set is still available. For about 40.

For about 8 men.

Anyways, if your looking to create plasma guns - couldn't you just strap some spare pulse rifles/carbines to a chopped down flamer?
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2007, 14:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mrgame

you either buy the blister, find some SM plasma bits, I was going to suggest the link as well, but since ults did it, no matter, good stuff in there, or you take a lasgun, cut the barrel off, cut from the middle at the front, over a little bit, and take a plasma pistol, shave off anything thats nessecary, make it fit then.

Mrgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2007, 14:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Woah, awesome conversion. And thankfully, on BW bits, plasma pistols, which I needed a couple of anyhow, are a fifth the price of plasma guns. 20 conversions incoming. =P

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Old 14 Apr 2007, 19:05   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

yeah i saw that tutorial and got 15 plasma pistols right off from a guy on BC. now i just need time to convert them.

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
valhallen_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2007, 19:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Time...always an issue.

Thanks for the help, I do have a coupla more questions, though.

First off, upgrades...do they replace the default weapons or add to them, considering that you have a limit to your total. Also, does the firing one weapon per model still apply if Im wielding two pistols? This only really applies to sgts, as Im wondering about the bennies of taking two pistols via the armory vs a pistol and CCW. Also, I want to know if I need to purchase them a CCW if they have a plasma pistol.

As you can probably tell, plasma is my friend, and it'll be pretty popular.

Lastly, suggestions on doctrines? Im thinking Close Order Drill and Veterans, and using the other three to buy back interesting stuff. Im going pretty much pure infantry, and my goal is to have a horde of models and firepower on the board.