Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Armour
Old 13 Apr 2007, 12:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler
Default Imperial Armour

Out of curiosity, how legal are the Imperial Army entries?

For example, there's no option for autocannon-pattern Chimeras in the Imperial Guard codex, but there are in Imperial Armour. Can I use them?

How do I field a Stormblade, or other superheavies? ;D

Are superheavies tournament-legal? I suspect not, and I'd never try it anyways, but I'm curious about it.

Are Manticores tournament legal? (I pray they aren't... Friggin Broadside instant-killing artillery... :sadnshocked

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2007, 12:21   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Imperial Armour

I consider IA more legal than the Guard Codex itself.

Generally speaking, only in tournaments do you need to worry about permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2007, 12:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Ah, good. Thanks for the quick reply.

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2007, 18:51   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I feild a auto cannon chimera

also for every 2000pts you have you can feild super heavy detachments (i.e. for each 2000pts you can have 3 gorgons)

I don't konw about touriments but i'd say Wargamer is right.

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2007, 00:04   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

For super-heavies it would utterly depend on the tourney organizer.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2007, 16:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyk.themuffinman
I feild a auto cannon chimera

also for every 2000pts you have you can feild super heavy detachments (i.e. for each 2000pts you can have 3 gorgons)

I don't konw about touriments but i'd say Wargamer is right.
That's not so; you can field up to three super heavies of a similar type as a seperate detachment for each 'normal' detachment you take, and the number of detachments in an army is decided upon by the players before the game begins. Maybe in 3rd edition (when the super heavy rules were first written) 2000 points was the point at which a second detachment had to be fielded, but 4th edition stipulates no such thing. As such, three detachments could be agreed upon for a 1500 point game, potentially opening the door for up to six super heavies (assuming you had the points)!

'Legallity' is pretty much irrelevant; take only one army, and by agreeing to play you, your opponent is giving you permission to use it. And, as said, tournaments have their own rules which are entirely dependent upon the organiser(s).
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 18:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

+++Yeah, what Wargamer said. Just if anyone is interested, there is a new book coming out: The Siege of Vraks.+++

Sig by Drobot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
Is a nice guy, though he shouldn't 'have to sig' something someone else says, just to please them.
[quote=Hadhfang]
Is just awesome, and probably emits an aura of Awesomage!
[
Hate Enriches
Sven-Kaiser of Krieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 20:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven-Kaiser of Krieg
+++Yeah, what Wargamer said. Just if anyone is interested, there is a new book coming out: The Siege of Vraks.+++
Here's hoping enough people complained about the endless typos and spelling errors in the last two for them to take note. I can't bear to see another otherwise fabulous book tarnished by such lazy proof reading.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 23 Apr 2007, 22:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven-Kaiser of Krieg
Here's hoping enough people complained about the endless typos and spelling errors in the last two for them to take note. I can't bear to see another otherwise fabulous book tarnished by such lazy proof reading.
What do you mean? They are gamers, not English Majors. You expect them to spell? Joking, just joking. It is quite annoying.

Good Example- There's a store near my house called "Wild Oats" and they sell all organic stuff. My mum likes to shop there :P even though almost none of the food tastes yummy. Anyway, their motto is "Food that remembers its roots", but their sign- and all their printed material said "Food that remembers it's roots".... so apparantley that milk was made out of Potatoes or Carrots or something! >
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Apr 2007, 22:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'O GeekyGator
Quote:
What do you mean? They are gamers, not English Majors. You expect them to spell? Joking, just joking. It is quite annoying.

Good Example- There's a store near my house called "Wild Oats" and they sell all organic stuff. My mum likes to shop there :P even though almost none of the food tastes yummy. Anyway, their motto is "Food that remembers its roots", but their sign- and all their printed material said "Food that remembers it's roots".... so apparantley that milk was made out of Potatoes or Carrots or something! >
LOL! What a difference an apostrophe makes.