Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New Heavy Tank from Forgeworld
Old 11 Apr 2007, 14:19   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default New Heavy Tank from Forgeworld

I think this is the first 'heavy' tank I have seen (note, this is not the same as 'Super Heavy&#39. It was shown in Forgeworld's latest online newsletter. For pics follow this link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/macharius.htm

Personally, think it could be a bit more detailed, and looks a bit odd - but for some reason I love it. I think it's quite an unusual design, which makes it more interesting. If anyone has any idea what all the weapons are I'd be interested.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 14:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: New Heavy Tank from Forgeworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heastaris, The Glimmering Blade
I think this is the first 'heavy' tank I have seen (note, this is not the same as 'Super Heavy&#39. It was shown in Forgeworld's latest online newsletter. For pics follow this link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/macharius.htm

Personally, think it could be a bit more detailed, and looks a bit odd - but for some reason I love it. I think it's quite an unusual design, which makes it more interesting. If anyone has any idea what all the weapons are I'd be interested.
It tells you on the Forge World website:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forge World model description
...Armed with two Battle Cannon, Twin Linked Heavy Stubber and two weapon sponsons. Sponsons can be equipped with either Heavy Bolters, Heavy Stubbers or Heavy Flamers...
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 14:26   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Ah ok thanks, missed that. Those things are only Heavy Stubbers!?
Pretty long barrels.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 15:48   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heastaris, The Glimmering Blade
Ah ok thanks, missed that. Those things are only Heavy Stubbers!?
Pretty long barrels.
Not at all, I think perhaps you're overestimating the size of the tank. Death Korps of Krieg heavy stubbers are actually ever so slightly smaller than the standard version.

When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 15:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Which leads to the idea that any of the platform mounted twin weapon combos could go into that mount! Hevay stubbers, bolters and so on. Methinks the tank needs big honking FW searchlight a la T55 alongside those tubes.
Old 11 Apr 2007, 16:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Presumably the rules for this tank will be in Imperial Armour 5, I'm really looking forward to it! Though I don't like the tank itself, I love the turret...same with the DKOK Demolisher in fact. I'm going to have to pinch this turret and think about a way to make a chassis for a Mammoth tank! Unfortunately, that'll leave me with an expensive Macharius chassis...but I want it!
Old 11 Apr 2007, 18:46   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I'm starting to fall for that tank... now I know it isn't a Stormhammer, it's got some appeal.

And the name... God-Emperor, the name! "Macharius" Heavy Tank... nothing says victory than a pair of Mk3 G4s, Flyceline-filled and delivered express through the enemy's front armour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 21:02   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

I personally liek the tank's look. The two cannons give it a much more badass look then the two mounted on the baneblade, IMO.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 21:20   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'O GeekyGator
I personally liek the tank's look. The two cannons give it a much more badass look then the two mounted on the baneblade, IMO.
Seconded.

I love this tank... if it didn't cost nearly $160 I would definately get one...
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Apr 2007, 00:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Ooh...Tom is right! I bet a good converter could make a really cool looking mammoth out of this! (For those who don't know, a Mammoth tank is a big double barreled & dual rocket launcher heavy tank from the C&C series.)

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote