Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Guard WYSIWYG
Old 08 Apr 2007, 20:29   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to MaddPhish
Default Imperial Guard WYSIWYG

Anyways I'm arming a few of my officers with things such as plasma pistols and powerswords, but my question is where can I find such bits for IG. I haven't seen anything like that on Battlewagon bits and frankly I'm not too keen on the cadian sargeant blister since his look doesn't fit with my army. Any suggestions for where I should look for bits should I not beable to trade some of my local players for possibly some SM weapons of this type?
WHOILE FOLLOW EYEZ DA STEDDY KEEL DA VESSUL GRIM AN' DARIN':
BUT O 'ERT, 'ERT, 'ERT!
O DA BLEEDIN' DROPS O RED!
WHERE ON DA DEKK ME KAP'N LIES,
FALL'N KOLD AN' DEDD.

OI KAP'N MOI KAP'N! ROIZE UP AN' 'EAR DA WAAAGH!
ROIZE UP FER YEZ - DA BANNER IZ FLUNG - FER YEZ DA SHOOTA DAKKAZ;
FER YEZ POINTY STIKKS AN' IRON GOBZ - FER YEZ DA GROT PITZ A-CROWDIN;
FER YEZ DEY KALL, DA MOBBIN' BOYZ, DER EAGER MUGZ TURNIN';
OI KAP'N!
MaddPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 20:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Imperial Guard WYSIWYG

Space Marine Assault sprues give you an ungodly ammount of Plasma Pistols, I know that much... buying a Blood Claws pack gives you enough to have five Space Marines duel-wielding the little plasma-hand-cannons-of-doom >.

You could, IIRC, find a bunch of swords for power weapon usage in the Catachan boxes... you could also get them from any number of other sources, like hacking the arms off Cadian JOs, Space Marine parts, etc.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 21:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

For the power sword, you could take a look at the Fantasy range. The Brettonian Men at Arms that I'm using for my Traitor Guard have quite a few swords that I'm going to lay some wire on and make into some kickin' power swords.

And the plasma pistol... possibly you could take one of the Empire Pistolier's pistols and have it be a little more ornate (or possibly a trademark item/master crafted). Add a little bit of wire and some good blue glowing effect and you've got yourself one mean plasma pistol. While I'm not to sure if you'd like to use that gun for all of your plasma pistol wielder, it's an option.

Hope that helped,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 22:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to erebus Send a message via MSN to erebus Send a message via Yahoo to erebus

For pistols you can use the holstered pistol from the space marine sprue, which can be anything from a laspistol to a plasma pistol and the Mordheim weapons sprues contain sheathed swords witch the same goes for .
erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2007, 01:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

yep, assault marines, heck even khornate dudes have plas pistols. and regular swords (not chainswords) painted differently will work.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/Tauroc/Si..._berserker.gif
HailTheRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 17:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

At my local gaming store they have a huge bitz box with pieces for sale. Much cheaper than Battlewagon too. Try your local shops and see if they do the same thing.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2007, 03:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Several Space Marine Sprues contain these bits. As Dra mentioned, the Assault sprues have 2 (IIRC) plasma pistols, one power sword, one power axe, and one powerfist, as well as several chainswords and bolt pistols.

The Space Marine Commander boxed set has many useful bitz, inculding p-fist and sword.

The Catachan Sprue, as some mentioned, has a sword and laspistol (4 ea. in box) The sword, if you notice, is serrated halfway. Just Green Stuff this over, and if youre skilled enough, make a small wire with a switch at the end (resembles a line about 1/4 up the blade with a dot at the end).

The Khornate Plamsa Pistol is nice and archaic, but it may prove to be a little too Chaotic for you. The Chaos Space Marine boxed set command sprue has an excellent looking pistol I use all the time.

See if you can find someone to seel you spare bitz from the boxed sets for low price. They're always left-overs and they know it. If they can make a buck or two, I'm sure they'll be willing.

Stankov

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Ge. Stankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2007, 18:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

What i did is after i got my chimera and leman russ
the extra sprue in both sets has a holstered pistol I gave both to my officers and count them as plasma or bolt or las pistols.

I play LOTR so I just cut off warrior swords and then convert them to be all power weaponish.

dyk.themuffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2007, 19:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

The SM commander comes with a stack of toys ^.^
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote