Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rubble Fighters
Old 08 Apr 2007, 01:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to VF-7
Default Rubble Fighters

Hey ya, I just wanted a thought from a non-IG player about a "rationalized" use of doctrines (I'm pretty sure you guys are quite familiar with the IGD system tough).

In resume, I played the "Cities of death" rulebook last week and prettymuch hated it, well, I love fighting in cities/industrial complexes/IG fortifications, and henceforth i wanted an army that could perform good on it, or at least look good on it, so after looking some rules and that I've decided to use this:

"Ruble fighters" (I mean, rationalized, Jungle Fighters doctrine)

I know most of you are familiar with the doctrine, as it has a bad fame, but I'm just for refreshing your memory:
http://us.games-workshop.com/downloa...l_refsheet.pdf

So, by replacing the word "Jungle" to "Ruble" boulders, debries and pipes can be used as if they where jungle. I mean, my troops get a 4+ save.

Obviously we are fighting on a Non-verdant paradise, so there wouldn't be any trees to confuse terrain with.

Now, if you, as a tau/ork/Kroot Merc player got a chance to play against me, would you allow me to use such rationalized doctrine?

I know it might not seem fair, or realistic, but basically, by allowing me to do so, it's fair, reasonable, and actually the right thing to do, that i allow you to use Kroot, the Catachan units (with appropriate citycamo) or any other special rule/ whatsoever that includes the world "Jungle" in the cityfight table and get the normal benefits you would get if we where fighting on a forest table.

Of course to do so i would ask if you could make'em look a bit city-worthy.

I know this may seem weird, but once you realize is just a change of green to grey it does not seems that odd.

Would you allow me to use that doctrine?
Lost are only those who abandon themselves.
VF-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 01:45   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: Ruble Fighters

I think that they should have done the doctrine more like *Incert Terrain Here* Fighters. So, indirectly, I would say yes.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 02:04   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

"Rubble", makes sense to me. Whoy wold a regiment staitioned an a hive world not get used to fighting there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 02:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I definitely wouldn't fault you for using the jungle fighters doctrine this way, in fact I would say that they shouldn't have specified a terrain type in that doctrine but should have given you a load of different options for it. If you decide to enter a tournament and they won't let you do this (they should) then you can achieve a similar thing (sort of, it doesn't cover all the nuances of "city fighters") using light infantry and cameleoline.

PS: I'm not trying to be snooty or anything, but it's actually spelled "rubble"...ya, I'm kind of obsessive about spelling and grammar...sorry, it can't be helped.

EDIT: I misspelled grammar...right in the middle of correcting someone's spelling...dang that's ironic.

EmblazonedMauveGearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 02:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmblazonedMauveGearbox
PS: I'm not trying to be snooty or anything, but it's actually spelled "rubble"...ya, I'm kind of obsessive about spelling and grammer...sorry, it can't be helped.
Right there with you; it took me a while to figure out what 'ruble' was supposed to be. :P

I say this is overpowered. If you play a jungle fighters army then you're going to have an edge every time you play a jungle terrain board, but that's not necessarily going to be a common event. Cityfights are more commonplace though and the ability to infiltrate with heavy flamers into any city ruin is too much for a cityfight.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 02:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to The Lost Waywatcher

Or maybe it could be an urban junle Then you won't have to change the name. Tom does have a small point so don't be surprised if people and friends start complaining.
Simply put - paint your damn minis! ;D

The Lost Waywatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 02:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

"Concrete Jungle Fighters"...I like it, it's catchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 18:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

My friend plays with the Catachan Codex and uses these rules in CoD.

I have no problem with it.
Colonel_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Apr 2007, 19:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I think my Boyz would be jumping with joy at the prospect of facing some Deathworld fighters in the concrete jungle. I'd be game for a match.

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2007, 00:24   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to VF-7

Thanks to those who replied.

Yes, I would have loved if GW employees would have written "Specialized Terrain Fighters" Instead of Jungle fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I say this is overpowered.* If you play a jungle fighters army then you're going to have an edge every time you play a jungle terrain board, but that's not necessarily going to be a common event.* Cityfights are more commonplace though and the ability to infiltrate with heavy flamers into any city ruin is too much for a cityfight.
Gotcharight there Tom, But, what's the difference from fighting in the jungle anyway?

Tom, I seriously ask you to reconsider.

Rules are Rules, and I am just asking for adaptation of a Rule to a Table, I am not asking if you let me use Forgeworld stuff (which i field), nor asking if i can use a Beneblade in a 1k game, no it's not like that, I am just asking to a name change.

On my defence to such arguments is the first page of Codex: Catachans.

"Catachan is the most infamous of all Imperial Deathworlds, but by no means, the only one, Such rules can also be adapted to represent the Methane swamps of Luther mcornic (spell please, i forgot the name) or the Ice plains of ......."

So, if jungle can be adapted to ice, then why not rubble?.

Remember, that in my argument , I ain't using any other rules like Cityfight, or Cities of death.
Lost are only those who abandon themselves.
VF-7 is offline   Reply With Quote