Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

to many people underestimate ig
Old 01 Apr 2007, 07:18   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default to many people underestimate ig

in my opinion way to many people underestimate the IG. why? becuase they have basic cannon fodder infantry. now most of the people out there that think ig are bad are mostly beginners. but not always.....so far ihavnt lost a game with my ig [played 34 games] andi use the fact that people think that htere bad to my advantage.they dont prepare themselves properly for the game and it always ends up with a blownup battlefield with the ig burning there enemys bodies. so here my qeustion

do you ever take advantage of the person that thinks your amry is bad?
spetnazcommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2007, 08:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: to many people underestimate ig

It's called spelling use it.

I know what you mean... My Catachans have only lost 2 games (out of the 75 or so i've played with them). And proby only half of those was i actually in a jungle situation.
Old 01 Apr 2007, 09:44   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Oh please...no losses in thirty-four games? Only two losses in seventy five? Sure, I believe that. :
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2007, 09:45   #4 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnazcommando
do you ever take advantage of the person that thinks your amry is bad?
Always. When I first started out 40k, with my Guard, people litreally laughed at me, well, that was before I stuck 200+ Guardsmen on the table, a battle tank and a demolisher. They soon changed their opinions.

I take advantage, because they think they've got the game won before any models hit the tabletop, and most of them screw up because they didn't realise that Guardsmen were actually half good. I call it arrogance, they call it guaranteed victory.
Old 01 Apr 2007, 09:57   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Eat ap-. it owns to all oblivion. but i know what you mean. my friends constantly joke about my catachans' singlets and flashlights and our average statline... and then when they play against me the table flips completely over when it comes to my turn.

boy we're good at that.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it
every six months.

Teamwork is essential -- it allows you to blame someone else.

--thanks to DRobot
FiremaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2007, 10:00   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Oh please...no losses in thirty-four games? Only two losses in seventy five? Sure, I believe that. :
no im serious. i havnt lost a single game. btw most have been against necrons.
spetnazcommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2007, 10:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

With my first Guard Army I was poor. Back then I still had tanks and vehicles and I kept losing because my big tanks would get stuck or blown up and they weren't much use. As I continued playing my number of troops grew and I soon found I was winning. Not because my big tanks were getting lucky, but because of the little guys everywhere firing from what cover they could scrape together and because I have so many your opponent cannot shoot at them all.

Finally I got rid of my tanks and now the only vehicles I ever use is my two Hellhounds and 12 Sentinels (not at the same time, genrally). Since I rebuilt my guard with Cadian Models replacing the regulars and my old steel legion the conscripts I have only lost about 15 or 20 games in the last few years. I would say I win a good 2/3 of my games.

But back to the original question. When I turn up with my guard my local group doesn't under estimate me because they know its good, quite simply for them its not the tactics, its the; 'can I kill them quick enough before they get to rapid fire range'. If I do in numbers I usually win, if not the charges down the city streets and through canyons get chewed up in a seriously fluffy way. How fun is it to take one of the Sergent's that runs away and chop of his head with a knife and tell you opponent that he failed you (you glue the head back afterwards, just be careful. I've only done this twice for a laugh).

I play because its fun, not so much to win.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2007, 11:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

who actually counts thier win loss, I know ive won more than ive lost but i dont really care
Old 01 Apr 2007, 12:54   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

I would play the devil's advocate here, but for a good reason.

I usually have fun, and sometimes underestimate the IGs as a result of them being not very creative with their forces. It is usually the masses upon masses upon masses (multiply with whatever number you like) of infantry and 2 leman russes and a basilisk. And if you stuill have the pints pump in the hellhound and the sentinels.

I always do not like to see the same type of army spreading all around the players of the same race. And if they give me the stuff that "it's the only way to play IG" thing.....I am very dissappoited in them.

The Imperial Guard codex actual;ly provide you with many alternatives other than the usual hordes of men. So far the armies that I find interesting is are those armies that have cameoline and also jungle fighter rules, and also no tanks. Grenadiers armies are also very beautiful, for they are beautiful models and also they are so much interesting to play with.

I love to see variations, but unfortunately, this is not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2007, 13:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33rd Sirican Redbacks
who actually counts thier win loss, I know ive won more than ive lost but i dont really care
Hear, hear. ^-^
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote