Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Imperial Armour?
Old 20 Mar 2007, 00:40   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Imperial Armour?

All right, I've just restarted 40k after a prolonged hiatus and found an imperial armour book. It has things like the sentinel powerlifter, the lemen russ executioner, the Medusa sentry gun and other such things. I took a look on the forgeworld site and saw looked up the book that I have. It looks like I don't have the right one. The site mentioned something called the tarantula and said the book was hard cover...which mine isn't. So I'm wondering what has changed between the books and whether I can use the book I have. Also, what types of new things are in the new one...not that I'll ever actually buy the new one...I don't play IG so the 40 something pounds are too much for me.

EmblazonedMauveGearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2007, 02:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Imperial Armour?

I belive you mean the Meduse Siege Gun, Mate. Only ever heard of a Tarantula Sentry gun.

Well, from what I can tell, there's been two IA "Series", one with "Imperial Armor" and "Imperial Armor 2", and then the "Volume" series with "Imperial Armor Volume 1", "Impreial Armor Volume 2", "Imperial Armor Volume 3", etc.

I think, since hwat your describing is paperback and has no tarantula, that it must be the original IA series with out the "Volume" in the name, and is hence not up to date. I do not belive you may use those rules, according to what I've read on wikipedia and such. I could be very, very, very wrong though...

I have IAV1, W/ Sentry Gun. Its very nice, totally worth the $100 USD it cost me.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2007, 12:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Imperial Armour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'O GeekyGator
I belive you mean the Meduse Siege Gun, Mate. Only ever heard of a Tarantula Sentry gun.

Well, from what I can tell, there's been two IA "Series", one with "Imperial Armor" and "Imperial Armor 2", and then the "Volume" series with "Imperial Armor Volume 1", "Impreial Armor Volume 2", "Imperial Armor Volume 3", etc.

I think, since hwat your describing is paperback and has no tarantula, that it must be the original IA series with out the "Volume" in the name, and is hence not up to date. I do not belive you may use those rules, according to what I've read on wikipedia and such. I could be very, very, very wrong though...

I have IAV1, W/ Sentry Gun. Its very nice, totally worth the $100 USD it cost me.
All right, this is pretty much what I thought. Oh and about the sentry gun thing, I just never really read the medusa rules and knew it was a "something gun". I may get the IAV1 if I ever move to IG, which I think I will after I have 2000pts DE.

EmblazonedMauveGearbox is offline   Reply With Quote