Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Converting Female Guardsmen
Old 19 Mar 2007, 17:11   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Converting Female Guardsmen

I'd like to try and make some female guardsmen for my army, but I really don't like the look of the Escher gangers, and I can't think of anything else. Any ideas?

Oh, and my guardsmen are based off the catachans, with a few modifications (such as cloaks and helmets).

Thanks in advance.
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 18:17   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Converting Female Guardsmen

well, for starters there was a thread a while back with someone selling female cadian torsos.

As for converting from the GW range?? I'll tell you this simply, from an all female slaanesh player: theres a distinct lack of female torsos. The vast majority of them are metal, and therefore attacked to legs. In fact the only thing that i can think of that could be of any use would be the female eldar guardian torso. And thats like one per frame.

And that means ordering a load of frames for a small handful of models.

and since that is armoured it may not be useful for those catachans. If you can stand clipping and filing, then go ahead and saw a dark eldar wych in half. Otherwise, the only other female torsos ican even think of is the one on the dark eldar sprue, again a high cost for a few models, and it's armoured.

So, in short my friend: your in a worse boat than i am! I can just grab a female model, and it'll be fine. You just need one piece. I'd look into other ranges. Or convert those eschers. Chop the heads off and replace it with something. Possibly a wood elf head.

Good luck. And if you find any suitable replacements tell me!!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 18:37   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

*Sigh*

Guess I'm going to be using a lot of green stuff..........
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 18:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Munchkin

Female goliath juvies would make nice female catachans.

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Help Support My Humor!
Munchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 18:58   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

How is that female guard project coming along? How many people got in on that deal? Anyone see any of the precasts yet?
Go Guard Or Go Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 19:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Guard Or Go Home
How is that female guard project coming along? How many people got in on that deal? Anyone see any of the precasts yet?
About 55 people joined and, though progress has been slow, Heinrick's talent is obvious with the first progress shots.

When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 20:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Quote:
About 55 people joined and, though progress has been slow, Heinrick's talent is obvious with the first progress shots.

Wow that does look good. She has a bit of a bubble butt though and is that a thong panty line I see Are there going to be any spares left or can people still get in on it? Since the production run hasn't started just the modeling?
Go Guard Or Go Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 20:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

I gotta say, this has to be one the best female model attempts I have seen. It is not extremely over feminine (ala wearing a mid drift armor with huge tits), but it does have obvious feminine features that are hollywoodish yet tasteful (hips and ass).

It is the calm and silent water that drowns a man.
Amaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 20:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Wow that does look good. She has a bit of a bubble butt though and is that a thong panty line I see Are there going to be any spares left or can people still get in on it? Since the production run hasn't started just the modeling?
You'll have to talk to Aaron about that, he's the chap organising it all. There's a lot of casting to be done once the sculpts are ready though and preference will be given to those that contributed to the project in good faith before any work had begun. It may be quite some time before you get anything back. :-\
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2007, 21:37   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Hey hey hey! For some of us(me...) we just didnt have money at the time! I had plenty of faith... just 0 on the cash, my wallet was empty, GW ate it all for my Templar...
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote