Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Pavonian 707th
Old 17 Mar 2007, 01:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Pavonian 707th

Hi all. This is about my army and there background. The pavonian 707th hail from pavonis(duh :) and they are experts in the arts of siege warfare. They use ALOT of tanks because of the amply supply on pavonis. Pavonis is ruled by several cartels all of witch produce tanks or shells.There commander is general millitant anteas Dane. He is a hso with a power fist(trademark item) a plasma pistol and carpace . He has two medals. The macharian cross. He earned this with his ingenious deployment that allowed his forces to wipe out Twice there numbers in necrons. Thus earning them the nickname luck sevens. He also has the medalion crimson. He earned this early on.He was cut in half with a necron warscythe but managed to kill the lord and three pariahs before passing out. As should be obvious his entire lower half is bionics. The standard incorporates a severed marine gauntlet in memory of the sacrifice of veteran Sergeant pasnuis who lost his arm to the night bringer. His fist is made from that gauntlet.The paint scheme is kommando khaki and black. They make extensive use of Psykers for there ability to destroy the horror most necrons produce. Any comment or suggestions wellcome ;D

First thing first, but not necessarily in that order! - Doctor Who

Fight well and Die well. What more can a guardsmen hope for?

Duality is key, good and evil, dark and light, only when both come toghether can man truly prosper.- Lord Bale

No matter what you do to me I am safe in the knowledge that nobody cares about me anyway!
Psyker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2007, 01:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Pavonian 707th

Well, not much to say really. I like the fact that you've actually justfied his medals, and the nickname 'Lucky sevens' is great.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2007, 01:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I like the fluff and the history as it adds character and I hope that you WYSIWYG the model to represent these things since you have put so much effort into thinking about it.

From a play perspective though it seems like a lot of points wasted in my humble opinion. I used to be of the "fluff" mindset that my army needed an HSO and some cool wargear (favorite is the power first/bolt pistol commander I have) however I play more competitively now with my guard and find that spending more then say 10 points of wargear on a guy that gets no armor save against 99% of all the weapons in 40k and can be insta kill by a str 6 weapon just isn't worth it. I just take Junior Officers with their LD 8 and iron discipline I seem to do alright with my moral checks. Of course I am also mechanized so I dont need to make a roll for LD unless dismounted.

If you are taking a LD 9+ officer which this guy sounds like a HSO I wouldn't give him much as he is an IC, a non-scoring unit and will be pretty much stationary if on the vox net or to keep within his 12" bubble.
Go Guard Or Go Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2007, 02:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Guard Or Go Home
I like the fluff and the history as it adds character and I hope that you WYSIWYG the model to represent these things since you have put so much effort into thinking about it.

From a play perspective though it seems like a lot of points wasted in my humble opinion. I used to be of the "fluff" mindset that my army needed an HSO and some cool wargear (favorite is the power first/bolt pistol commander I have) however I play more competitively now with my guard and find that spending more then say 10 points of wargear on a guy that gets no armor save against 99% of all the weapons in 40k and can be insta kill by a str 6 weapon just isn't worth it. I just take Junior Officers with their LD 8 and iron discipline I seem to do alright with my moral checks. Of course I am also mechanized so I dont need to make a roll for LD unless dismounted.

If you are taking a LD 9+ officer which this guy sounds like a HSO I wouldn't give him much as he is an IC, a non-scoring unit and will be pretty much stationary if on the vox net or to keep within his 12" bubble.
I agree with all this. I'm perfectly happy to field a junior officer with a Bolter and an Honourifica Imperialis (if I'm using a vox net). I play Elysians and it seems unfluffy to me that a Heroic Senior Officer would jump into the meat grinder with the grunts, so an Honourifica gives me the same character for less and can be represented with a fairly mundane model rather than a shiny bullet magnet.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 14:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

yes the shooty officer is in theme, but why not a stormbolter? it superior in every way and not very expensive
Old 20 Mar 2007, 17:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33rd Sirican Redbacks
yes the shooty officer is in theme, but why not a stormbolter? it superior in every way and not very expensive
Agreed, but space comes at a premium in the back of a Valkyrie and I would assume you can only safely grav-chute with so much weight, so I like to try to keep my troops looking as lean as possible with compact and lightweight equipment.