Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Cadian Kasrkins in a Vostroyan army?
Old 22 Feb 2007, 02:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default Cadian Kasrkins in a Vostroyan army?

Can there be Cadians in a Vostroyan army? Or is there a equivilent of them? Cause right now, all Vostroyans have are HQ, troops, and some heavy support...
Only then your life I will save
Luy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Cadian Kasrkins in a Vostroyan army?

i think to vostroyans doctrines dont mention kaskins but you could always run them as regular generic guard
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:22   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Yes you can.

Theres nothing in the codex, or in that dwarf article that slaps you over the head for using different models in an army!!

It may look a bit odd (hi-tech grunts, with sci-fi russians) but theres nothing stopping you!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

This is evidence of GW stuffing out by (a couple of years back) trying to phase out all the Cadians, so that now catachan, vostroyan, steel legion and tallaran have to have Cadian stormies

Turning and Turning in the widening gyre, the falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; The centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
W.B. Yeates
The Second Coming

Thanks to Drobot for the sig
Inquisitor Walsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2007, 07:09   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I'd never do it personally; if you want Stormtroopers, then use Stormtroopers, not Kasrkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2007, 09:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to shasolenzabi

[[[ From the look of things, GW is making it so that thy may wind up renaming Kasrkin as Stormies, they fit the whole bill, and the models do have all the hallmarks of the Storm-troopers, Hellguns/targetters, carapace armor, all are LD 8, and have great BS score. come with Krak+Frag included as well in the price.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 09:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
I'd never do it personally; if you want Stormtroopers, then use Stormtroopers, not Kasrkin.
I don't like the Storm Trooper models, it's those Hellguns and respirators that spoil the models for me. I like the helmets and body armour though.

Personally, I see no harm in fielding Kasrkin models with a Vostroyan army because Storm Troopers are supposed to be elite detachments assigned to an army in the field. Grenadiers, however, should look like Vostroyans because they're supposed to be elite versions of regular troops (issued with superior equipment). Storm Trooper squads that just don't quite look like they belong would represent an 'attached' unit excellently. It'd also play on the whole 'Glory boy'/outsider thing if they didn't quite mesh with the rest of the army. I imagine Storm Troopers would keep to themselves rather than mingle with the common soldiers, perhaps regarding 'lesser' men as unworthy. You know...a bit of an SAS 'cr*p hats' mentality.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2007, 10:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I have never seen what a non-kasrkin stormtrooper looks like unless you are refering to the ones that look like steel legion.
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2007, 12:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas O Dalyth Montau
I have never seen what a non-kasrkin stormtrooper looks like unless you are refering to the ones that look like steel legion.
Those are the ones - That&#39;s the original Storm Trooper model...they&#39;ve just been overshadowed by Kasrkin because their Cadian cousins look better.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2007, 14:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have a squad of old stormies, and a squad of Kasrkins.

Personally, I like the old strormtroopers, and if I may say so, the real stormtroopers, better for the role of deep striking, infiltrating, special forces type.

On the other hand, I think I like Kasrkins better for the role of grenadier. They just kind of scream the words "heavy infantry" to me, with their bulky, kick arse armour and big guns. They don&#39;t look streamlined enough to me so I could honestly say "yes, these guys jump out of valkyries with a grav chute."
Colonel_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote