Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Can You Use Inquisition as allies with an armored company?
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Can You Use Inquisition as allies with an armored company?

I have a cool inquisitor and some henchmen plus an assassin. If the inquisitor and retenue are mounted in a chimera, can they be used with an armored company list? I think not, but wanted to get your opinions.
Thanks.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Can You Use Inquisition as allies with an armored company?

Well the Daemonhunters codex lists the codex armies with which Daemonhunters may be used as allies and although codex Imperial Guard are included, and it stipulates that this includes their varients such as Armageddon Steel Legion, I don't think this extends to Armoured Companies, which are seperate codex armies. However, it may just be that the Daemonhunters codex predates the Armoured Company list, in which case I think it is perfectly reasonable to assume such a list may incorporate Daemonhunter allies (as they are Imperial forces). However, that said, I think you should still check with your opponent first and refrain from fielding anything without a dedicated transport (eg. assassins)
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I would assume yes, but only with a dedicated transport.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I believe the daemonhunters list pre-dates the current incarnation of the armoured company list, but not the earlier version. So I reckon it's up to interperetation as to how far "and allies" goes
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2007, 03:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Thanks guys, My armored company uses some counts as models such as a 6 wheeled resin apc from grendel resins ,upgreded with suitable imperial weapons, as a chimera. I used a Pig Iron productions tank to represent the vanquisher. The armored fist squad is made up of veridian marines in great coats from the urban war range.

I have a suitable inquisitor proxy that came from... I forget what game, and some Warjacks from warmachine weilding heavy bolters that would make good servitors. I have not used them because they are proxy models, but the whole armor company list is with permission only, so I thought it would be cool to use all the great looking "counts as" models I could find plus a few of the excellent GW tanks when I field this list. All of the minis lend to a pulp-nazi bad-guy feel. Now if i could only find tracks to replace the 4 rear wheels on that APC ......

I agree that the assassin does not fit, but an inquisitor and 3 big clunky gun toting mechanical monsters in an apc would be a fluffy and cool looking addition to the force. Would you consent to their use within an armored company prior to a friendly game?
Old 20 Feb 2007, 13:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensmurf
I agree that the assassin does not fit, but an inquisitor and 3 big clunky gun toting mechanical monsters in an apc would be a fluffy and cool looking addition to the force. Would you consent to their use within an armored company prior to a friendly game?
If the works of Daemons and heretics are such that they cannot be crushed underfoot, then they must be crushed beneath the tank tracks of the Imperial Guard. I'd allow it.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 20 Feb 2007, 20:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Dakari
I've done it, multiple times.

Generally, if you have nice people around your store, chances are, they'll let you field it.
Here's an idea: If he'll fit, perhaps you could squeeze him into a cupola and mount him in a Leman Russ of his own? You could field him leading the Armoured Company from the command tank. You'd still be fielding your snazzy Inquisitor, you wouldn't be bending any rules, and it'd just be damn cool to see an Inquisitorial Leman Russ. ^-^
Old 21 Feb 2007, 01:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Great Idea Tom, but the servitors are just as cool as the inquisitor. then again there is nothing wrong with modeling another cool mini for the comand tank heck it is costing me an additional 100 points it might as well look the part! I love the thought of pimping out the inquisitorial ride! I think I have a good use for that exterminator turret now. I love this idea!
You have a good head for modeling opportunities. Way to go.
Old 21 Feb 2007, 11:58   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Now that I remembered this, a friend of mine did an Inquisitorial Land Raider in his Armoured Company, it was really cool, he has the brass etching Inquision symbolts, FW extra armor, the works! And it fits with his army...
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote