Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

doctrine ideas
Old 19 Feb 2007, 06:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default doctrine ideas

everyone loves doctrines, they're a great way to make your army personal and can help on the battlefield if you work them right.
I thought that there must be some good ideas floating around so if you have any then put em forward.

just to get the ball rolling heres one:
HIT THE DIRT!
wether through rigorous training or frequent attacks of common sense, some soldiers will throw themselves to the ground when under fire, to avoid the worst of it.

this doctrine costs 20 points per unit and can be given to any storm trooper infantry or conscript platoon. at the beginning of each turn any unit with this doctrine can declare they are hitting the dirt. this unit can only move D3 inches but will benefit from a 5+ cover save when in the open* and +1 to their save when in cover. This has no effect on the squads shooting.

*note this special save does not work against blast template weapons or flame template weapons.
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2007, 06:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok
Default Re: doctrine ideas

I have one.

unsure of a name:You may ignore the required platoon you need to take conscripts.

This would let you take a all conscript army(- the comand squad). I think it would fit pretty well.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2007, 06:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

seems like a good idea, keep 'em comin'
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2007, 06:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to T pok Send a message via MSN to T pok

Urban vets: A squad(infantry platoon kind) may split it's self in half. The half with a sergent will have normal Ld but the one without will have -2 Ld.Heavy wepons and specail wepons may be split in any way.
brave kid, i don't know if i could do that. whichever girl gets you for life is the luckiest in the world.
T pok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2007, 10:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

special equipment; shotguns!!!!!
A proper storm trooper company setup doctrine!
assault weapons= replace a heavy weapon team with an additional; flamer, Pg, Melta or grenade launcher
Old 20 Feb 2007, 10:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

Also an elite squad of stormies with hellgun/grenade launcher combi weapons
Old 20 Feb 2007, 11:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

There has been quite a lot of threads suggesting new doctrines. Perehaps if you used the 'Search' function...

...instead of making another new thread...
Old 20 Feb 2007, 11:52   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
There has been quite a lot of threads suggesting new doctrines. Perehaps if you used the 'Search' function...

Shaso_montyr wanted to share his own ideas as much as hear everyone else's, that would mean thread necromancy. Which would you prefer; another new thread on a common topic, or revival of a dead thread?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2007, 19:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Quote:

Shaso_montyr wanted to share his own ideas as much as hear everyone else's, that would mean thread necromancy. Which would you prefer; another new thread on a common topic, or revival of a dead thread?
If you were to add valid ideas to a thread and contribute something that would start another intelligent conversation, then it's not necromancy. If you were to say "I agree" or "That's right" or "I like it" it's necromancy, as you're not saying anything worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum rules
Please don't bump up old threads - if they're over a month old (for example, although that timing isn't set in stone) then it's generally frowned upon to bump up the thread - we call this 'necromancy'. Only do this if you have something really very useful to add to the thread.
Old 20 Feb 2007, 20:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
If you were to add valid ideas to a thread and contribute something that would start another intelligent conversation, then it's not necromancy. If you were to say "I agree" or "That's right" or "I like it" it's necromancy, as you're not saying anything worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum rules
Please don't bump up old threads - if they're over a month old (for example, although that timing isn't set in stone) then it's generally frowned upon to bump up the thread - we call this 'necromancy'. Only do this if you have something really very useful to add to the thread.
Cool, I'll keep that in mind. But what constitutes 'something really very useful'? For instance, if Shaso_montyr were to dig up one of these old threads and tack his own ideas onto the end, I might enjoy reading it but I wouldn't regard it as 'really very useful' as such. But that's ok because he'd be sharing a fresh idea, even though it would have no particular application?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote