Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A Question on Hellguns
Closed Thread
Old 19 Feb 2007, 03:39   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default A Question on Hellguns

So, my friends and I were talking and the subject of hellguns came up. Now, this is probably a stupid question, but do hellguns come with targeters, or is that just base for storm troopers? Thanks.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 04:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis
Default Re: A Question on Hellguns

No, it's the Storm Troopers that have the targetters. Hellguns are just souped up lasguns.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
Old 19 Feb 2007, 05:29   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Awesome, thank you!
Old 19 Feb 2007, 19:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legio Mortis
No, it's the Storm Troopers that have the targetters. Hellguns are just souped up lasguns.
I dont think this is correct. Grenadiers are exactly like stormtroopers except for the inability to deep strike or infiltrate. nowhere does it state that their armament differs. The only potential difference in weapons is the 'officer and storm trooper veteran sgt only' wargear options (since a grenadier vet sgt is not a stormtrooper vet sgt)
Old 19 Feb 2007, 19:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legio Mortis
I dont think this is correct. Grenadiers are exactly like stormtroopers except for the inability to deep strike or infiltrate. nowhere does it state that their armament differs. The only potential difference in weapons is the 'officer and storm trooper veteran sgt only' wargear options (since a grenadier vet sgt is not a stormtrooper vet sgt)
Dude, you said it yourself: 'Grenadiers are exactly like stormtroopers except for the inability to deep strike or infiltrate.' No one said grenadiers don't have targeters; I guess you've just brought that across from the other thread. Grenadiers have targeters too because they're 'exactly like stormtroopers except for the inability to deep strike or infiltrate.'

The question was whether or not Hellguns come with targeters.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 19:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Just remember, the targeters are not permanetly attached to the hellgun, they can be removed and used as a telescope.

Locked, as the question was answered.

*clink*
Closed Thread