Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help against blood angels!
Old 17 Feb 2007, 00:48   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Help against blood angels!

OK my friend only plays blood angels and he is addicted to assault packs. He always plays on a board with almost no firing lanes and seems to get into assault on the 2nd or3rd turn every game. in fact against all the times i played against him i only won once. and then it was only because he didn't wipe out one man. anyway if anyone has some advice on how to beat blood angels PLEASE reply ;D

First thing first, but not necessarily in that order! - Doctor Who

Fight well and Die well. What more can a guardsmen hope for?

Duality is key, good and evil, dark and light, only when both come toghether can man truly prosper.- Lord Bale

No matter what you do to me I am safe in the knowledge that nobody cares about me anyway!
Psyker11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 00:59   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Help against blood angels!

It would help to know what type of list you run, just briefly.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 03:23   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Use your Basilisk or Demolishers to destroy his Deathwing. They do not get their feel no pain, and the dont get their 3+ saves.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 03:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

well marines have an armor of 3 so vehicles with an ordanance blast that has an Ap of 3 will wipe em out.

thus I like to use demolishers and basalisks.

The indirect fir of the basalisks will negate your fire lane problems and a well place demolisher will take out any that get past the minimum range of the bassi.

some things can be killed by flashlights. For everything else thers ordanance. ;D

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
valhallen_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 08:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

a tooled up command squad is cheesy but can work wonders against power armour. use one of these:

1) shooty plasma squad
officer with plasma pistol and power weapon
3 veterans with plasma guns
1 veteran with medi-kit
priest, rosairus, eviscarator
commissar with power fist and plasma pistol

2) combat squad
officer with master crafted power weapon and las pistol refractor field
4 veterans with las pistol and c-c weapon
priest master crafted eviscarator rosairus
commisar master crafted power fist las pistol
psyker, master crafted force weapon, honorifica imperialis

these are just a rough guide, feel free to change what you want to suit your tactics.

also try setting up the terrain you're self instead of letting him do it. this will help.
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 08:36   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
a tooled up command squad is cheesy but can work wonders against power armour. use one of these:
they are also very expensive and are still T3.

Thats not good news, plus the fact that they are toting plasma pistols and you don't really want to near blood angels - they may be able to charge before your expensive units get to do anything!

What i would do with my army list would be (depending on terrain) is to flank them with plasma gun totting grenadiers to Assassinate any pesky squads, and bombard anything that happens to come into virew with tanks.

Again, i can give better advice with your list.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 11:21   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ogryns by the way... can crunch through most things and despite what everyone says, i reckon theyre quite good for points values. though, that stops you from shooting the angels down. either way, ogryns are tough to bring down so punch him to death with small squads. if he has power fists take a med crim on ur bone ead every now and then. also, keep them behind your men so they can countercharge and reinforce the line. therefore you have the extra attacks and numbers on your side. if not, like the other guys said, bring in the big guns.

what we lack in strength and armour, we make up for in strength and armour.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it
every six months.

Teamwork is essential -- it allows you to blame someone else.

--thanks to DRobot
FiremaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2007, 12:55   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

If there are no firing lanes on the board, there is too much terrain.

Although it is uncommon to see, mortars do have the "pinning" rule.
If you can pin his assualt oriented squads, you can get an extra round of shooting in.

Usually, when people play against assault oriented armies, they tend to stay non-moving, and as far away as possible. You have to get mobile. If you're going to get charged, why not get close and rapid fire as they approach your men? Getting in the extra 10 (?) lasgun shots instead of standing still and shooting once can make a big difference.
Plus, added aggression may through your opponent off.
Old 17 Feb 2007, 22:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
If there are no firing lanes on the board, there is too much terrain.

Although it is uncommon to see, mortars do have the "pinning" rule.
If you can pin his assualt oriented squads, you can get an extra round of shooting in.

Usually, when people play against assault oriented armies, they tend to stay non-moving, and as far away as possible. You have to get mobile. If you're going to get charged, why not get close and rapid fire as they approach your men? Getting in the extra 10 (?) lasgun shots instead of standing still and shooting once can make a big difference.
Plus, added aggression may through your opponent off.
Definatley, pinning and throwing him off balance. He has probably played static armies a thousand times, and knows exactly what you are going to do and how to counter it.

Unless you don't do what he expects.

Don't the blood angels have a shoot-and-charge-the-closest-enemy rule? Deepstriking cheapo squads may prove handy.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2007, 13:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to 33rd Sirican Redbacks

a cheap inq lord so u can take an eversor assassin!!!!!