Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is anyone interested to join in making female cadians a reality?
Closed Thread
Old 15 Feb 2007, 12:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Is anyone interested to join in making female cadians a reality?

Edit:
I've had a few requests from people who wanted to see some pictures of the models fully assembled and painted before they decided whether or not they wanted to join the club and get some for themselves, so I painted some up for all to see. I'm not the best painter in the world, but I think you'll still enjoy seeing how this project has gone from concept to reality.
Just click on a thumbnail to see the full pic.

Some of my fellow Imperial Guard players from around the world and myself are tired of GW and Forgeworld refusing to put female cadians on the sprues. After a massive online petition we were told that a forgeowrld sculptor had made an upgrade kit and offered it to them, but they had decided that they would never release it. According to GW fluff, half of cadians should be female, and we want our armies to represent that. So, instead of waiting, we are pooling our money together and hiring a professional sculptor and we are going to make it happen ourselves.

The sculptor is going to make a torso and a pair of heads, one with goggles like in the concept art, and another made so that you can put the empty helmet right onto it. Since these will be made entirely out of greenstuff, we can cast them and make copies without breaking IP rules.

Here's the concept art, originally drawn by The Green Witch on 40K online:

The sculptor used to sculpt for Cell Emtertainment, which was responsable for such things as Krash, Ronin, 1999, Hybrid, and some others.
Here's a link to some of his work on CMON. Obviously, this example is a lot bustier then what we would want for a female cadian, but I think it shows that he has the skills to pull this off.

Sample

I wanted to know if anyone from this forum is interested in joining in on the project. Each of us is pitching in $40.00. The deadline to join in is February 26th. Everyone who joins in will get 25-30 sets, depending on how many people join up. Each set will contain a torso and both heads. Shipping is included in the $40.00. This is not a business transaction. We will not be selling these afterwards or anything like that, so the only way to get any is to join in now. This is just a group of players pooling their money together to make some cool conversions for their personal armies, nothing more.

PM me if you are interested.

P.S. Just so everyone knows, the IP issue has already been resolved.

Kugelblitz, one of the people who has already joined in the project, has known one of the GW VP's for many years, and he spoke to him about the project and we have been given the green light. His reasons: Small scale production, not for sale afterwards, not for profit, no GW parts being cast, private group, no harm, no foul.

So, the IP issue is a non-issue. There's no need to bring it up or talk about it.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 14:37   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: Is anyone interested to join in making female cadians a reality?

Sounds awsome! I might just have to do this... if Only I could get $40...
Old 15 Feb 2007, 17:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Sure, I'll chip in. How do I make payment?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 17:42   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

I want in, but I prefer using only paypal. Also if I contribute 80 bucks would I get 50-60 sprues. Secondly if I would like more would there be a way to get them???

[img width=650 height=169]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1077/ordounlimitedsigcopybcopylc7.jpg[/img]
Old 15 Feb 2007, 19:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadiabulldog
I want in, but I prefer using only paypal.
Good, me too.

Quote:
Also if I contribute 80 bucks would I get 50-60 sprues.
Yes.

Quote:
Secondly if I would like more would there be a way to get them???
There is no upward limit on how many you can get. For every $40.00 you contribute, you'll get 25-30 sets. Heck, you could even do an entire female army if you wanted to, which would be really freaking cool.

If we can get a couple more people to sign-up, then we'll have enough to expand the project, and have legs and more heads sculpted as well as the torso and heads already mentioned.

I'll PM you and Tom with the details.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 19:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I will pony up as well if i can see the precast. I would hate to pay money for something that looks like crap..no offense to the sculpter.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 19:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

sorry, but is it $40 american or australian or what?
Old 15 Feb 2007, 19:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

What will the final result be made of?

Resin, metal, plastic? Green stuff molded from other green stuff?

No one has seemed to have asked that yet and I figured it was kinda important.

I might actually be interested in this, I don't have a guard army right now but some day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Old 15 Feb 2007, 19:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstead
What will the final result be made of?
Resin.

Quote:
I might actually be interested in this, I don't have a guard army right now but some day...
I'll PM you the details. We won't be selling these afterwards, so jumping on now is the only way to get a hold of some.

Quote:
sorry, but is it $40 american or australian or what?
U.S. Dollars.

Quote:
I will pony up as well if i can see the precast. I would hate to pay money for something that looks like Klkn..no offense to the sculpter.
I can understand that, that's why I looked long and hard for a sculptor who I felt would do a great job.

Unfortunately, I can't show you the sculpts until after they're sculpted, and I can't have them sculpted until we have the money to pay for them to be sculpted by having people join in on the project.

It's a viscous cycle.

Old 15 Feb 2007, 20:33   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Very nice! Do you ship to Europe?