Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Just for the record...
Old 12 Feb 2007, 21:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22
Default Just for the record...

Would 2 battleforces + a command squad make a good army? Just wondering.
Only then your life I will save
Luy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2007, 21:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Just for the record...

What do the battleforces contain? I've seen cadian ones that include 2 squads infantry and a Lemen Russ or ones that have 2 squads infantry and a Chimera+ heavy wepaons and ones that have sentinels. What do the ones your talking about contain?
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2007, 22:01   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Luy22 Send a message via MSN to Luy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'El GeekyGator
What do the battleforces contain? I've seen cadian ones that include 2 squads infantry and a Lemen Russ or ones that have 2 squads infantry and a Chimera+ heavy wepaons and ones that have sentinels. What do the ones your talking about contain?
The cadian one.
Only then your life I will save
Luy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2007, 23:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luy22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'El GeekyGator
What do the battleforces contain? I've seen cadian ones that include 2 squads infantry and a Leman Russ or ones that have 2 squads infantry and a Chimera+ heavy wepaons and ones that have sentinels. What do the ones your talking about contain?
The cadian one.
All of those were Cadian. I'll take it you mean the one currently advertised on the GW site, though (Which oddly enough is under Voystroyans... :-[)

This includes: 20 Cadian Shock Troops, 3 Heavy Weapons Teams, and 1 Leman Russ.

So total you'll have 40 Troops, 6 Heavy Weapons and 2 leman Russes, plus the Command Squad.

Unfortunatley you only have two option to have a codex-legal force:

You must have one infantry platoon, which means buying 2 more command squads (one for each 'toon) (Or 1 more infantry box and a couple officer figurines), or breaking one squad into 2 command squads and coughing up $35 for a Chimera to turn it into an armoured fist. Otherwise, yes, you'll have an excellent force.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 00:06   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

ahh the joys of incomplete battle forces. >

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
valhallen_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2007, 00:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default startup ideas

raelly you can get away with 1 cadian battleforce, 1 extra box of grunts, and a chim. with this you will have an armored fist, a 2 squad platoon with a platoon command squad, a leman, an an HQ command squad with attached heavy weapons. the cheapest $$ legal army you can field and its not a bad little army either depending on how you option it out. somewhere between 750-1000 pts.

the trick to this is to get a bit creative with how you identify your officer figures... use the commander head from the leman sprue for your captain, and one of the helmetless ones or maybe the yelling-guy from the heavy weapons sprue or something for the lieutennant.

also dont glue the heaavy weapons to the tripods so that way you can switch em up instead of being always stuck with the same kind of weapons.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2007, 00:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultstadt Solvek 7th Rider
ahh the joys of incomplete battle forces. >
Indeed. It would be nice if you could just buy 4 guys for the command squad on one sprue and an officer for $15 instead of havin to shell out $35 for the whole squad or $50 for an officer and staff + 16 guys you dont need.

EDIT:

Interesting idea with the heads, Centurion. But if he wants Stormbolters, power fists, or power swords with his officers he'll have to get out the greenstuff or buy the figure.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 03:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Kansas, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, World, Milky way, universe
Send a message via AIM to valhallen_warrior Send a message via MSN to valhallen_warrior Send a message via Skype™ to valhallen_warrior

unless he's got extra marine bits lying around. I have an old 3000 point marine army and i have loads of usefull little bits i use to personalize my officers.

another thing i did with one of my sargents was that i took 2 little belt clips off of those BIC mechanical pencils, glued em together with the bumpy ends in, then i cut the chain sword off at the hilt, then cut up the chain sword arm and specail weapon arm to suitably fit, glued the pencil holders to his side and used it as a sheath. It l;ooks like he is pulling his chainsword from its sheath.

Another thing i do is use sentinal heads. The little stripped helmets. They look pretty good on one or two models mixed in to a unit.

"I have no delusions of divinity. We are men, not gods. Man is his own god, his own devil, his own death--we are created in our own image, yet imprisoned by the face we call our own. I will remake the world as I have remade my face." - The Black Mask
valhallen_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote