Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Guardsmen has served me well, once again
Old 11 Feb 2007, 23:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton
Default My Guardsmen has served me well, once again

Played in a local 1500p tournament this weekend. Friday to late on saturday.
It went quite well for me as you might have resonated you towards, from the title. ;D

It was a three-battle tournament where the one with the most/best victories would be the final winner. Lots of Chaos and other Guard forces.
The worst by far was the all Infantry Guard force. 130 models on the table. All Missiles and heavy bolters. And three lascannons.

I played a rather vehicle-heavy list, with an Armoured Fist squad, Battletank, Demolisher and two Hellhounds. The rest went in infantry and a squad of veterans.

First game was against Chaos Undivided. Cleanse mission. A Land raider, pimped up Defiler and few, expensive marines. Not too big a hussle, but the Defiler was murder on legs. Got away with a Crushing Victory.

Second Game was against Slaanesh marines. All infiltrating marines, daemonettes, an almost 300p predator and lots of minimized lascannon squads. Plus some really mean Lords/Luitenants. This was the hardest battle. Lost first turn, and chaos lords straight into assault and annihilated all my support squads to a man. Luckily, IC in the open are bad news, especially when there are lots of AP2/3 weapons around. But I lost too many tanks to the Predator and lascannons so it all ended in a draw.

Third game was the greatest one. Seek and Destroy against all infantry Guard. Ten or so missiles, the rest in heavy bolters. I though this was a sure loss, with all my armour against that kind of firepower... But I was wrong. I made the first round, and rushed all my stuff forward in the field. Every seasoned player present went a bit "WTF is he doing. Advancing with Guard!?"
Hellhounds being the Kings of the Field toasted scores of Guardsmen hiding in buildings, and making them flee off the table. Both my russes dropped pie-plates into the massed bodies, but with poor results. I stared using their secondary weapons instead to far better results. All my infantry moved into the middle of the board, and hiding behind hills and ruins. And my veterans infiltrated into the right flank, and would win the entire game for me. Together with an Armoured Fist squad.
My support squads made short process with my opponents support squads. Lots of guns on both sides made quite the carnage. But I made good cover saves, and even better leadership. In my second turn, all my guardsmen at foot jumped out of their cover, and rapidfired all their weapons to fantastic results. The entire amount of support squads were cleansed together with a lot of infantry.
I recieved quite a beating in my opponents second turn with all my troopers being in the open. But the game in itself was won. A Victorious Slaughter. I sure took a beating on my squads, but only a couple were below 50% strength, so they counted up nicely in VP measures. ;D

But looking at the full and whole picture...I'll use Ogryns in the next battle...
(I chose two boxes of ogre bulls as my price...so look into the Conversion board in a couple of days, and they''l be a few of them there ).

I'm soo looking forward to the next tourny, in a not too far future.
(I thought of making battle-reports. But there was no time to write things down, and my camera was left at home :-[)
Chton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2007, 00:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: My Guardsmen has served me well, once again

That was excellent to read, buddy. I love the sound of those Hellhounds pouring prometheum into the ruins. Burn, crunchies, BURN! >

Anyway, congrats on the win (sounds like you got a bit lucky in that last game though).
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2007, 19:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Nice post King Winter, proves that the Guard can still win.
You've been promoted!
(+1 Karma)

Although, I'm unsure whether or not this is a battle report, and if I should move it.
Old 13 Feb 2007, 00:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
Nice post King Winter, proves that the Guard can still win.
You've been promoted!
(+1 Karma)

Although, I'm unsure whether or not this is a battle report, and if I should move it.
Thanks

But sadly, I did not have the time to make this a serious battle report. It is more like a summary of the tournament.
Chton is offline   Reply With Quote