Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What? Armoured Battlegroups w/out techpriests?
Old 10 Feb 2007, 00:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default What? Armoured Battlegroups w/out techpriests?

Armoured battlegroups don't have techpriest enginseers. :'( This is almost enough to turn me off of battlegroups back to AC...

Why, why oh forgeworld, would you have no Enginseers?? How can you have tanks without enginseers?? Why must you whet my thirst for tanks, but make it such a short, sweet romance without the Enginseer's healing servo arm? Or you could have made the atlas recovery tank fix things but noooooo, can't do thaaat, thaaaat'd make me slightly less ticked!

Honestly. Why would they not have techpriests?
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2007, 01:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: What? Armoured Battlegroups w/out techpriests?

Well to be honest with battlefields being such a dangerous place to be on the thought of an engineseer standing outside a vehicle while bolters, shells, lasers are flying around is rather ludicrous. Engineseers would be located a few kilometers back from the front lines. As the armored forces push on leaving the immobilized and damaged vehicles behind medics would come by and tend to the wounded guardsmen and the engineseer would check on the vehicles making repairs to ones that he could get back into action. They wouldn't be risked on the front lines as there is probably only 1 or 2 to a battalion or even regiment
Go Guard Or Go Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2007, 01:11   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Even so, I want techpriests! :'( They look so cool... and you could use an atlas to pull them back.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 01:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'El GeekyGator
Even so, I want techpriests! :'( They look so cool... and you could use an atlas to pull them back.
Why would you use a vehicle designed to tow a Leman Russ to haul a human being? Walking strikes me as more efficient... :

A Techpriest realy sn't as likely to see front-line action as a Guardsman with a wrench & hammer.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2007, 02:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Quote:
Why would you use a vehicle designed to tow a Leman Russ to haul a human being? Walking strikes me as more efficient... :

A Techpriest realy sn't as likely to see front-line action as a Guardsman with a wrench & hammer.
No, keep the techpriest in the back and use that atlas to tow the tank to the techpriest...

And the models just look sooooooooo cooooooool.... I think I'll have to include an Armoured Fist captain thingy in a salamander and put a techpriest model in it just so it looks cool ;D
Old 10 Feb 2007, 02:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Oh, also I find the lack of siege rules (for like all medusa/manticore/basilisk/gryphon (sp) armies) very distrubing.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 02:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Oh, also I find the lack of siege rules (for like all medusa/manticore/basilisk/gryphon (sp) armies) very distrubing.
First off, don't double post. Secondly, the very idea of "omg all bazilikz lol" is the dumbest, most noobish part of Armoured Companies. The Griffin Mortar Carrier and Medusa are the only vehicles that have a place in 40k at all, and the latter only in a "couldn't realy find anything else, sorry boss" or Cityfight scenario. No vehicle with a range of 15km, or upwards of 30km (the Basilisk and by extrapolation the Manticore) should be used in a setting as small as 40k at all.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 02:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Oops, sorry for double posting. Wasn't thinking :-[ :-X Unfortunatley I forget to do that too often. :-\

Well you must admit that the Imperial Guard is very siege oriented. That's what they do a lot of the time. It can make a charcterful army. Hoenstly though, why do you hate bassies so much? I think the griffin is great, don't get me wrong, but don't you just love the sight of that gigantic 132 mm cannon elevated to 59 degrees, ready to unleash a giant shell into the heavens to fall back minutes later causing utter chaos? Infantry win firefights, artillery wins wars.

Old 10 Feb 2007, 03:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

But tanks win battles, as the middle part of that famed Guard saying notes. And while Epic is strategic, warzone-style combat, 40k is clearly a battlefield.

Sorry if I sounded harsh earlier, very long day including suffering from a douch of a judicator at a jazz festival.
Old 10 Feb 2007, 04:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Quote:
Well you must admit that the Imperial Guard is very siege oriented. That's what they do a lot of the time. It can make a charcterful army.
No they aren't. Siege warfare falls within the realm of the IG Siege Regiments. Whilst you can throw regular Joe Guardsman into a trench, he's probably not going to be as effective as a trained trench fighter. Normal IG are used for more mobile and combined arms warfare.

Quote:
Hoenstly though, why do you hate bassies so much? I think the griffin is great, don't get me wrong, but don't you just love the sight of that gigantic 132 mm cannon elevated to 59 degrees, ready to unleash a giant shell into the heavens to fall back minutes later causing utter chaos? Infantry win firefights, artillery wins wars.
I don't like it purely on fluff factors. In a normal 40k sized battlefield, you aren't going to have an artillery piece that is supposed to be miles behind the lines. There are exeptions though, such as when a firebase gets attacked or a Basilisk gets drafted into close support duty.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote