Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

spetnaz 2nd fluff
Old 08 Feb 2007, 07:19   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default spetnaz 2nd fluff

my regiment the spetnaz 2nd colours are black and blue camo with gold crests.

to my fluff

the world spetnia is a harsh one. its cities ruins of there former glory and the terrain brutal and hard. its suface is mostly mountains and the planet is in permanate darkness. but the spetnian regiments are well trained and disiplined and will face any foe. from within or without. the planet is on the easternfringe and not to far from the realm of ultramar.

alas from beyond the imperiums land comes the tau. looking to take the planet and use it as a forward base to launch more of there troops. from within come the necrons. looking to kill and slaughter all in there path for there blashpemous gods.

there is only war in spetnia

the regiment is brutal on cowards and have many a commisar in there ranks. the spetnaz smash there foes using combined infantry advances and tank warfare a type of war that has proven efficent over the years. in charge of the regiment is yuri gorgonov. a hardened veterans of many wars. he leads his men from the front lines and inspires leadership and bravery among the guardsmen.

but they are not alone

the black templars use spetnia as a place to recruit men for there ranks. they fight brutaly alongside the guard facing there many enemies. yuris brother was recuited for the black templars and has become a marshal for them. alexi is his name and he fights as well as his brother. together with there armies they are foes to be reckoned.

heed my words alien scum. stop your assaults or face the emporers wrath!

yuri gorgonov at the battle of darrowmire
spetnazcommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2007, 19:51   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: spetnaz 2nd fluff

I'm no expert with the fluff but i believe space marines are Test tube Babies, other then that cool fluff, your group sounds a lot like mine, Tau, Necrons, spacemarines.
RicoLousianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Feb 2007, 23:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLousianna
I'm no expert with the fluff but i believe space marines are Test tube Babies, other then that cool fluff, your group sounds a lot like mine, Tau, Necrons, spacemarines.
You got one thing right; you sure ain't an expert on fluff!

Space Marines are men made superior via a complex and slow process of surgical enchancement, genetic modification and psycho-conditioning. Only the most promising aspirants from a world will be selected as potential Space Marines, and it seems reasonable to assume some of them might be from among the young soldiers of the Imperial Guard.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2007, 05:11   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

hehe its my first time. just felt like sharing to people
Old 09 Feb 2007, 11:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetnazcommando
hehe its my first time. just felt like sharing to people
And why not? It's one of the best bits of the hobby for me! So are you going to model them with some manner of uniformal markings that are unique to the regiment? You could give your veterans black arm bands or something (although I think black arm bands are traditionally worn in memory of fallen comrades).
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 09 Feb 2007, 19:48   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

im thinking about adding balaclavas to a few men to make em look like real spetnaz ;D at the moment thats all i can think of.
Old 09 Feb 2007, 19:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well have a think about some major event in your regiment's history and consider some manner of battle honour that could be represented on their uniform somehow.
Old 09 Feb 2007, 20:04   #8 (permalink)
General Stupidity

Sounds good, how are you going to do/convert/create your Officers?
Old 10 Feb 2007, 00:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Spetnaz,

I'd be more interested in seeing information on your regiment to be honest, not the planet it's based on. This is because most things you typed there could be summerized in a little blurb about your regiment's planet.
Seems a little 'forced' in parts, good start though.