Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Heavy Weapon Teams and Infantry Bitz
Old 03 Feb 2007, 17:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Heavy Weapon Teams and Infantry Bitz

Okay, just how does the Cadian bitz/Cadian Heavy Weapon Team formula work out?

You buy the heavy weapon team boxed set. You get a bunch of guns, 3 bases, and some bitz to make the operators.

Now, for those who actually have seen the sprue (and used the trick), how flexible is it? What's with the "five if you insert bitz?" Why not 6, or even 15 (the heavy weapons, multiplied by five)?

I'd like to know, so that I don't end up making too many Cadians and not have enough to make the amount of extra teams I want. And for balancing reasons (I'm not the type who just makes a bunch of stuff and puts it together for battles).

Please?
"No, you can't put a Lascannon there; the Machine God will have a tantrum and turn the universe inside out."

balistafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2007, 18:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Heavy Weapon Teams and Infantry Bitz

In the 3 team set you get 3 of each weapon. But only 3 gun stands, and 3 mortar/missile launcher stands.
You get 6 kneeling legs.

You can first assemble the missile launcher teams with legs that are standing up, and you do the same with the mortar teams.
Then only use 3 of the kneeling legs for 3 las/auto/HB teams. (The other crew member stands up.[use the gun stand])
Do the same with the other 3 kneeling legs, but use pieces of terrain to prop up the guns.
That may be a little rough, but this gives you:

-3 Missile Launcher teams- with everyone standing up.
-3 Mortar teams- with everyone standing up.
-3 gun teams- with the gunner kneeling, loader standing.
-3 gun teams- with gun resting on terrain; gunner kneeling, loader standing.

Old 03 Feb 2007, 20:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well I have found that you can get three gun stands and three missile dudes and three mortars from one set however you need a box of normal guard to make the next guy. Thus you can get nine heavy weapons from one box. You will also need six extra bases. Look to plastic pod lids.

I like mortars and Autocannon personally.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2007, 22:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
Well I have found that you can get three gun stands and three missile dudes and three mortars from one set however you need a box of normal guard to make the next guy. Thus you can get nine heavy weapons from one box. You will also need six extra bases. Look to plastic pod lids.

I like mortars and Autocannon personally.

Genmotty
Mortars and missile launchers for me!

That is actually an excellent idea. You can buy a good number of bases for like $5, I did that when I bought my Tau, using them for random things like barricades (they stack nicely) and the like.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2007, 22:26   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I am using middle sized bases for my heavy bolters, who are resting on the sandbags included in the 3 heavy weapon team box. A single, kneeling guardsmen is on the base, and i put the second one on its own small base next to it. It take less space and is more flexible for deployment, and it create less problems to remove the loader when he die.

I like Lasercannons and Heavy Bolters. If it dosnt shoot hard, it better shoot fast!
Archimede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2007, 09:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will

One thing I am going to do for my Heavy Weapon teams is to model some setting up or on the move, like those DKoK ones. So you could use the Cadian walking legs for some of them, have one of them carrying the gun and the other one carrying the ammo boxes and entrenching tools and whatnot. You could rationalise the lack of stand by giving one a greenstuff equipment bag, and saying that it's in there.

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Feb 2007, 19:28   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm just starting guard and i like the ideas I'm hearing here .

i like missile launchers and autocannons myself.
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote