Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Storm Trooper Army from hell scola whatever...
Old 31 Jan 2007, 15:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Storm Trooper Army from hell scola whatever...

I know allot of people have thought of starting an entire army of storm troopers using the grenadiers and ST doctrines, But i thought of even taking it a step farther. as per take grenadiers mount each squad in a chimera, next you take the stormtroopers as a restricted troop choice. give max out each squad and give them their two special weapons pay the points for deep strike. so far you should have spent around 1000 pts note that the chimera's have no additional equipment and you don't have any veteran sgt's. but you do have 60 Storm troopers, next you pull two troop choices from the DH codex both inquisitional storm troopers mount them like your grenadiers and give them there two special weapons. now depending on what you do with your command section and how large of a battle it is you can either cheep out on a SO and fit into 1500 pts or give the command squad lots of goodies like 4 special weapons and master vox and HSO and give vox casters to most of your squad having stormtroopers with leadership 10. all in all, your army should have 16 BS 4 special weapons and 10 heavy weapons mounted on your chimera's like all novelty lists you are defiantly short on anti armor but with 30 deep striking phyco's i am sure you can figure a way out to take care of enemy armor. and with your entire force mounted you can defiantly move them across the board to rapid fire range. the entire army is pretty fast and you still get to Field 80 to 90 model's plus
cronon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2007, 15:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Storm Trooper Army from hell scola whatever...

I;d use WH instead. Stormtroopers with *shotguns*

Mount those suckers up, get the close enough to the action, dismount, use the chimera for cover til you;re in assau;t range and have fun.
Galahad_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2007, 19:01   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I thought it would be an interesting army to field, no heavy armor but the sheer amount of av 12 should be able to push right into the enemies face, 5 or 6 chimera's and if you wait until you get your deepstrikers in there should be enough mayhem to please an ork player, if you can get your 30 Deep stiketroops to do their job and bust open anything too heavy to take on its frontal armor it wont really matter if the enemy assaults them because then you can race up and form a hell gun fire line with chimera's pounding out covering fire and your grenadiers and inquisitional troops unmolested. the biggest problem i have been seeing when making this list is you do not have any weapons above 36" and in order for it to work you have to pretty much bring all of it to bear on the same turn deep strike landing and getting the fire line in place all in the same turn. i think it would be a fun army to play and really good at objective taking.
Old 31 Jan 2007, 19:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Of course, you're NOT going to use the metal stormtroopers.

40 US dollars for 10.

80 stormtroopers.

320 dollars?

Not counting command squads, the six Chimeras (about another 210), and whatever else you need.

Ouch. TOO much metal.

Of course, it would still play in a very interesting way.

You got your numbers reversed, fixed.-Krez
"No, you can't put a Lascannon there; the Machine God will have a tantrum and turn the universe inside out."

balistafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2007, 21:47   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i already have 20 of the old style and 10 of the new, so yeah i was planning on putting 80 metal stormtroopers on the table and i already have the command squad stuff, i have a pretty vast collection of models about 150 troops of different types and 2 chimera's, I think it all equell's out most people buy a new army i just buy more stuff for my existing army, its the reason to play guard in the first place right? :P
Old 02 Feb 2007, 00:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

stroops, squads of 6 for better 'scoring unit' possibilities, 2 big guns (plas/melt) per squad... you dont really need hvy weapons when you have lots of meltas... each squad gets a vox tied to an unadorned HSO just there for moral support. all your troops slots are grenadiers and all your elites are stroopers who can infiltrate for that extra point... 85/91 points per unit will get you a LOAD of these things even in a little army... (i remember my friend's expression when he said "wait a minute... ALL your guys have krak grenades?!" as I mobbed his railhead)

HSO, standard, medic, vox, etc. etc.
6 grenadiers squads
3 strooper squads
1000 pts approx.

they wont even have time to know what hit'em

i currently have 3 stroopy squads... 1 of 10 kasrkin with a couple of plasguns and that bald vetsgt guy, 1 of 8 dudes with some very abstract special weapons that can be used as more or less anything (non-GW figs), and 1 of 5 guys with mohawks, attitude, and no spec weapons (the ideal points-friendly grenadier squad)... i wish i had got some of those old plastic stroops so i could field the army of my dreams.

go go gren
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2007, 01:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Actually, you can only take 5 things of Storm Troopers as troops. Take 3 through the Grenadiers doctrine, then two more through Daemonhunter Allies.
"No, you can't put a Lascannon there; the Machine God will have a tantrum and turn the universe inside out."

balistafreak is offline   Reply With Quote