Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Leman Russ Exterminator?
Old 28 Jan 2007, 15:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Leman Russ Exterminator?

Is that thing Armored Company only? And where can I get the darn thing?

The reason I'm so interested is because with a twinlinked autocannon and the possibility of three heavy bolters makes this thing a rolling, blazing platform of Ap 4 doom.
"No, you can't put a Lascannon there; the Machine God will have a tantrum and turn the universe inside out."

balistafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2007, 16:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to LoTide Send a message via MSN to LoTide
Default Re: Leman Russ Exterminator?

Ah, the Exterminator, my baby! (ordering one myself)

although it is used in armored companies, It is usable if you have the Imperial Armor book. gives stats, points cost and everything, so you could have it as a Heavy Support in any IG army. Atleast thats what I'm told, if it aint true than someone correct me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero - 55 BC
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
LoTide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2007, 16:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yeah, you can take them as a Heavy Support choice in an Imperial Guard or Space Wolf army, or you can take them in various slots in armoured companies and armoured battlegroups. If you pick up a copy of Imperial Armour volume 1 you can read all about them. A twin-linked autocannon is nothing to get too excited about though...I'd still prefer a battlecannon. Three heavy bolters gives you pretty much all the anti-infantry dakka you could need, an extra two shots isn't really all that impressive.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2007, 16:15   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
A twin-linked autocannon is nothing to get too excited about though...I'd still prefer a battlecannon. Three heavy bolters gives you pretty much all the anti-infantry dakka you could need, an extra two shots isn't really all that impressive.
Unless your trying to pulp some Horders. massacre some Zurging nids or greenskins.
Quote:
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."
Old 28 Jan 2007, 16:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enginseer (LB)
Quote:
A twin-linked autocannon is nothing to get too excited about though...I'd still prefer a battlecannon. Three heavy bolters gives you pretty much all the anti-infantry dakka you could need, an extra two shots isn't really all that impressive.
Unless your trying to pulp some Horders. massacre some Zurging nids or greenskins.
I suppose...and you can always swap out the turrets when you're facing something a little more power armour heavy or vehicle oriented.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 16:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I suppose...and you can always swap out the turrets when you're facing something a little more power armour heavy or vehicle oriented.
Good idea. The FW model should come with the origional Russ turret bits too, so that might make for a vary optional force...I am going to do that myself actually...
Quote:
Old 28 Jan 2007, 16:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

If you want real Autocannon dakka, look at the Hydra - it's got 2x Twin-Linked Long Barreled Autocannons... but it comes on Chimera chassis rather than a Russ, making it only realy attractive against aircraft.

Fluffwise, the Exterminator is a great choice because of it's faster speed than a normal Russ, allowing it to be fielded as heavy firepower for recon elements. Gamewise, I'd prefer the Battlecannon since you're only saving 20 points.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2007, 17:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
If you want real Autocannon dakka, look at the Hydra - it's got 2x Twin-Linked Long Barreled Autocannons... but it comes on Chimera chassis rather than a Russ, making it only realy attractive against aircraft.
The Hydra can't have sponson Heavy Bolters either though, so for infantry slaying firepower, it's gotta be a Leman Russ varient or a Hellhound.
Old 28 Jan 2007, 17:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
The Hydra can't have sponson Heavy Bolters either though, so for infantry slaying firepower, it's gotta be a Leman Russ varient or a Hellhound.
Heheh, why haven't they made a Flamer Russ or something...now THAT would be anti infantry...

Anyways, the hydra wasn't designed for Infantry killing. it was AA. the guns can barely point horizontally as it is...Your better off with a Chimera with an autocannon than that thing.
Quote:
Old 28 Jan 2007, 18:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Heheh, why haven't they made a Flamer Russ or something...now THAT would be anti infantry...
I've considered making such a turret for my armoured battlegroup you know. The Hellhound needs a big fuel tank to have sufficient ammunition for prolonged engagements, so a Leman Russ varient would have to have a similar fuel tank. I reckon a trailer would look damn cool for this purpose, like the one sold by Forge World...yeah, I want it. I'd have to make some house rules for the trailer though I suppose.