Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Trademark items + summary executions
Old 19 Jan 2007, 14:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will
Default Trademark items + summary executions

Just a little thought concerning me...

You have an officer in your command squad with a trademark item. The squad faile their morale test, and so the Commissar executes him. Would this count as him being slain, thus meaning that the squad must take a morale check? Or does the Commissar having executed him override that, and they continue fighting anyway?

Thanks for any replies.

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2007, 15:11   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Trademark items + summary executions

Yes, you would take the test, but on the Commissars leadership of 10 IIRC. Unless he's fearless.... can't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2007, 15:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Trademark items + summary executions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar_Will
Just a little thought concerning me...

You have an officer in your command squad with a trademark item. The squad faile their morale test, and so the Commissar executes him. Would this count as him being slain, thus meaning that the squad must take a morale check? Or does the Commissar having executed him override that, and they continue fighting anyway?

Thanks for any replies.
if i am not mistaken, killing off the squad leader means the commissar becomes the squad leader and they get to retake the test they just failed with the commissars Ld, this is because of the execution, not the trademark item. it would be pretty hard to fail a morale check with a trademark item I would think since you get the re-roll but i suppose it could happen - in which case the normal behavior of the squad and the commissar would apply - trademark item or not, Lieutennant Craven is dead and the squad holds their ground based on commissar Ld against whatever caused the check in the first place, AND uses the commissar's Ld for a second check caused by the loss of Lt. Craven.
Guitardian is offline   Reply With Quote