Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Honorifica questions
Closed Thread
Old 14 Jan 2007, 13:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will
Default Honorifica questions

I have a few questions about the Honorifica. First, are you allowed to give it to

1. Aliens such as Ogryns or Ratlings (not that you'd want to give one to a Ratling)
2. Sentinel pilots

Also, if you were to give one to a Ogryn or other creature with some stats actually higher than those of a Heroic Senior Officer, do these stats remain the same, or get lower?

Thanks for any input.

My Space Marine project log
Old 14 Jan 2007, 14:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Honorifica questions

Only models with access to the armoury make take the Honourifica Imperialis, so Ogryn Bone 'eads would be allowed to take one (although how he would ever earn it is beyond me), but Sentinel pilots would not. If their existing stats are better than that of a Heroic senior officer, then only those that are worse are modified. See FAQs for an example of this in the case of a Techpriest Enginseer.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 15:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will

Thanks, that clears it up. And Ogryns could earn one, as it's clear that they are capable of feats of exceeding bravery *cough nork deddog cough*, it could be possible, though rare.

My Space Marine project log
Old 14 Jan 2007, 19:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar_Will
Thanks, that clears it up. And Ogryns could earn one, as it's clear that they are capable of feats of exceeding bravery *cough nork deddog cough*, it could be possible, though rare.
Ogres with machineguns and medals for bravery...man I love this hobby. 8)
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 20:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Only models with access to the armoury make take the Honourifica Imperialis, so Ogryn Bone 'eads would be allowed to take one (although how he would ever earn it is beyond me), but Sentinel pilots would not. If their existing stats are better than that of a Heroic senior officer, then only those that are worse are modified. See FAQs for an example of this in the case of a Techpriest Enginseer.
no. the way i read it... it changes the entire statline to HSO... every stat, not just the inferior ones. an ogryn with an honorifica probably earned it (since you mused about that) by being the nerdy 'brainy-smurf' ogryn, which i guess explains why he has a lower Str and so on. Ogryns with honorificas seem like a dumb idea to me anyways - but I guess you have to rationalize the possibility somehow right?

hardened veteran sarge is IMO the best option for the honorifica because he can be one nasty powerfist hidden by meat which the real HSO can't do.
Old 14 Jan 2007, 21:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion
no. the way i read it... it changes the entire statline to HSO... every stat, not just the inferior ones. an ogryn with an honorifica probably earned it (since you mused about that) by being the nerdy 'brainy-smurf' ogryn, which i guess explains why he has a lower Str and so on. Ogryns with honorificas seem like a dumb idea to me anyways - but I guess you have to rationalize the possibility somehow right?
You know what? You're absolutely right, I just reread the FAQs and it does indeed say that only saves, equipment and special rules are retained while the profile is otherwise changed completely, whether the original stats are superior or not. My apologies, Will...listen to Centurion, he knows what he's talking about.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 20:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to shasolenzabi

[[[ I gave a Hardened Vet sgt the honorifica along with a power weapon, it allows him to strike quickly, and with enough attacks that he can actually get a wound or two on the enemy.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 04:32   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Stella Cadente

Give it to a Lieutenant for a second very high Leadership model, just in case your General snuffs it
Old 17 Jan 2007, 09:42   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

I've been told by many a GW rep (5 or 6) that if the stat is superior such as Str/tough then the stat remains unchanged, whilst debating the medals of the Imperial Guard.

But i cant find any ruling in writing that states otherwise.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 08:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to shasolenzabi

[[[ I follow what the Honorifica entry states, as it says they fight with the statline of a HSO, w/o being one!