Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Basic IG Questions
Closed Thread
Old 29 Dec 2006, 05:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Basic IG Questions

1. In commands squads, if you upgrade a autocannon team to veterans, do you get 4 shots?

2. Can Heavy Weapons Platoon Deep Stike with the doctrine?

3. Commisar+HSO+Master Vox ... does give normal squads with vox casters a 10LD? or is it just the HSO squad?

Appreciate your time at looking at this thread.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 06:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff
Default Re: Basic IG Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption1
1. In commands squads, if you upgrade a autocannon team to veterans, do you get 4 shots?
Where the hell did you hear this?
And i don't actually think you can make them veterans.
And you certainly can't just double the weapons shots, the weapon is as the weapon is.

Quote:
2. Can Heavy Weapons Platoon Deep Stike with the doctrine?
I beleive they can... however they won't be able to shoot the turn they drop.

Quote:
3. Commisar+HSO+Master Vox ... does give normal squads with vox casters a 10LD? or is it just the HSO squad?
This is somewhat contraversial. But i think it's been said that the commissars extra leadership will be transferred through the vox.

Appreciate your time at looking at this thread.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 06:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

To reinforce and clarify what JD has said:

1. You can't upgrade heavy weapons teams to veterans, but even if you could the extra attack in their profile has got nothing at all to do with the number of shots they get. Sounds like you need to read the rulebook ASAP.

2. All 'Guard infantry' units can deep strike with the drop troops doctrine. The codex specifies what units are classed as 'Guard infantry' on page 55. The various units that make up a heavy weapons platoon are among them.

3. The leadership of the officer is used by all squads with a vox caster so long as the master vox in said officer's command squad is still alive, the officer isn't in close combat, falling back or pinned. So yeah, a leadership of 10 is available to all friendly units on the table for morale and leadership tests so long as they have a vox of their own. The commissar increases the offficer's leadership, which is then conferred via the master vox. Nothing controversial or confusing about that. Makes it very important to keep the company command squad alive, eh?
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 07:19   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Hmmm .. sounds about right ... thanks guys! You've made another IG noob take another step on the road to GamesDay!

Yea .. i got the rule book and everything and I do refer to it but its 260+ pages! .... whatever .. thanks again!
Old 29 Dec 2006, 07:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Yea .. i got the rule book and everything and I do refer to it but its 260+ pages! .... whatever .. thanks again!
The rules only occupy 80 of those pages, and you can't realistically expect to have a proper game without even learning the basics. Read the damn thing, it's worthless otherwise.
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 07:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

agreed. The problem is that within those 80 pages are countless things you have to know. The other 200 pages are merely history, pictures, scenarios, and miscallaneous items. I ask the members of the Tau community because i know that they won't judge me by my ignorance. To you, i am a stranger. I don't ask the red coats because its embarassing. My gaming community (friends) know as much as i do.

To keep it short, its easier asking online to a group of strangers. Also, no one is perfect.

I love Warhammer 40k and i did feel somewhat insulted by your comment but it is nonetheless true. The book doesnt tell you everything though .. or explain it thoroughly ... and thats where people like you come in and help people like me. Who knows ... someone out there might have the same stupid question (yes there are stupid questions) as me.
Old 29 Dec 2006, 08:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

Yea they are all over the place but still... that first question was quite ignorant.
Old 02 Jan 2007, 09:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
Quote:
The rules only occupy 80 of those pages, and you can't realistically expect to have a proper game without even learning the basics. Read the damn thing, it's worthless otherwise.
there's no need to be so condescending man - it's just a question... but yeah... i agree that certain basic truths are expected out of respect for your fellow gamers... y'know, "how far can infantry move" and "how does rapid fire work" are questions I would hope never come up here. still, let's be civil to each other. cheers. happy new year and all that.
Old 04 Jan 2007, 00:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurion
there's no need to be so condescending man - it's just a question... but yeah... i agree that certain basic truths are expected out of respect for your fellow gamers... y'know, "how far can infantry move" and "how does rapid fire work" are questions I would hope never come up here. still, let's be civil to each other. cheers. happy new year and all that.
I'm not being condescending; I'm not talking down to him like I think he's an idiot or somehow below my station, I'm just saying what needs to be said. If you don't understand the rules, that's fine, I'll be only too glad to help. But if you don't read them in the first place, then that's a different story. I mean, we're talking about what 'Attacks' represent on character profiles. This is one of the first things covered in the rulebook; the most basic of basics.
Old 04 Jan 2007, 13:55   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Stella Cadente

I completely Agree with Tom on this one, if you wanna play the game, then learn the basics, if you don`t understand after reading them then fine ask, BUT READ THEM FIRST!.