Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

R.A.F.T
Closed Thread
Old 13 Dec 2006, 21:47   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default R.A.F.T

This is an idea I have been thinking up for awhile. It is a squad type I made after playing way too much Doom 3 and Codex Catachans. They revolve around the stats of the Storm Troopers and get some more firepower. Tell me what you think, good idea/bad idea? Add this/add that?

PTD/Model WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
10 3 4 3 3 1 3 1 8 4+
+6 3 4 3 3 1 3 2 8 4+

Number/Squad:Sgt and 3-6 Storm Troopers.

Weapons:Standard Storm Trooper Kit.

Options:Up to three models maybe armed with special weapons at the following point costs:

Meltagun +10, Plasma gun +10, Flamer +6, Grenade Launcher +8, Sniper Rifle +10, Chaingun +10, Plasma Pulser +12

Any Trooper not using a special weapon maybe armed with a Riotgun at +2 per model.

Meltabombs +4

Character:Vet Sgt has access to the armoury and may still purchase a powersword.

Transport:Chimera See Codex: Imperial Guard for cost

Special Rules:Infiltrate - These guys are trained to sneak around to get to thier target.

The following are weapons are in experimental use, because of the team's homeworld being so close to a forgeworld they test new types of weapons. Also tell me your likes dislikes about these.

Range Str AP Type
Chaingun 30" 7 4 Rapid Fire
Plasma Pulser 24" 5 3 Assult 2 Not subject to It Gets Hot Rule
Riotgun 18" 3 5 Assult 2

*Thump

Hey what was that noise?

A bird hitting my window......****ing birds

no shit
Old 14 Dec 2006, 01:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy
Default Re: R.A.F.T

why not just use the shotgun, heavy plasma gun, and heavy bolter stats instead of making up new rules for your look alikes?

one thing that would be nice are targeters for any weapon you choose for them.

honestly, i think that for the prices are decent, but people will most likely use normal storm troopers. this unit needs somthing to give them a definite edge over a regular unit, as well as a down fall. somthing else tat doesnt make munch sense is that they have bs4 but no ccw

lastly are these guys elite or troops or somthing else.

hope this helps.

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 14 Dec 2006, 02:28   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Indeed, It was a bit of a mistake not explaining those things, I had it in my mind as an alternative to a special weapons squad, so the HQ spot for that would get nixed. I supposed you could put them as an elites choice but they're are so many good ones there to take as well so I do this.

As far as weapon stats go I wanted to make it as mobile as possible, plus I'm going off of a theme so I had to decide how which on would work. I chose the one for the chaingun because it was like an autocannon(thus the power of the Autocannon) but It was mobile, but unwieldy at long ranges, so I only gave it the one shot from a far and the two shots as you got closer.

The plasma I did again cause I wanted it to be a bit more mobile and decided to down grade the power of it so it wouldnt kill the model using it. By the way, heavy Plasma? you mean the cannon, dont like the idea of stopping to shot for these guys too much.

The shotgun, well there was no reason for it, I've just always thought that it deserved alittle more power in my opinion, if it's too bothersome of an idea I'll take it out.

I think I could be open to the targeter idea - I dont know maybe +2 per model special wpn?

I was a bit confused about the BS 4 comment, why would some want a ccw for a BS 4 instead of WS 4?

hmm maybe I'll just make infiltrate standard or maybe give them something like ability to regroup after 50% loss

As for downfall you really get to take a full Storm Trooper squad, you only get about 7 tops, so that should be a deficiency enough I think.

But yes, thank you much.

*Thump

Hey what was that noise?

no shit
Old 14 Dec 2006, 07:14   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I see no reason for a Chaingun (basically a Heavy Stubber) to have better stats than a Heavy Bolter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 14 Dec 2006, 20:53   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I was thinking about it more in the terms of an Autocannon, but I can see your point.

*Thump

Hey what was that noise?

no shit
Closed Thread