Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

IG book Story board
Closed Thread
Old 03 Dec 2006, 19:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default IG book Story board

Hey guys, I bet noone remembers but I posted a few stories on here a long time ago. I just reread Gaunt's Ghosts, Fifteen hours, Double Eagle. The first two Ciaphias Cain novels and the Imp guard codex in preperation to attempt to write either a longer short story or even a novel about the IG.

However, I am having a hard time choosing what specific regiment to use. Right now I'm stuck between the Harakoni Warhawks and creating my own regiment. I want heavier, well equipped guardsmen. However, outside of playing against guard alot, reading the novels above, and alot of Inquisition experience I'm not as knowledgable about the IG as say Wargamer or JD. Thus I come to you folks to help me try and build a proper regiment for my story.
Old 03 Dec 2006, 19:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: IG book Story board

It's always easier to make your own regiment so you have no restrictions to what you want to do with it. On the other hand, be very careful of not copying one of the main regiments, Valhalans, Cadians, Tallarn, Tanith and such.

Other than that, I can't say much because I'm not sure what information you're looking for. I've got quite a bit of information on most of the more popular Guard regiments if that's what you're looking for. Do you need the regiment to be able to do certain things for the plot, like perform a drop attack, or have the status to requisition the best supplies and air support for their opperations?
Old 03 Dec 2006, 20:03   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Thus far the only real requirement is relastively good discepline and body armor. The oppenning scene has them reinforcing the local pdf and shocking the rebels w/ their carapace armor
Old 03 Dec 2006, 20:09   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Well, its easy to make what is for all intents and purposes, a copy of the Cadians since apparently the Cadians are the "standard" (though I don't know why GW did that, its kinda dumb).

But add flavor by making them slightly different: Some sort of regional thing that they do, maybe wear a certain style of helmet or... something.

What I did for my regiment was use Catachans as a base, and throw in little things to make them different. They're basically Catachans with a different name.
Old 03 Dec 2006, 20:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Perhaps copy the Armageddon steel legion and mix w/ the Warhawks?
Old 03 Dec 2006, 20:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeH
Thus far the only real requirement is relastively good discepline and body armor. The oppenning scene has them reinforcing the local pdf and shocking the rebels w/ their carapace armor
Well if you give us some more about the history background fluff we can give you more info on how to make your regiment diffrent.

My 1171st use a mix of Cadian (main troop core) and Steel Legion (Conscripts) To make my army diffrent there is a lot of mini standards and extra armour plates (attached to legs etc.). Plus just because I'm artistic I put battle damage where I could and restricted my army in what I use. e.g No tanks. It makes a fluffy army and because I mainly play on dense maps the lack of big heavy support hardly matters.

Note: there is a spell check button .

Genmotty
Old 03 Dec 2006, 21:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'll post it tommorrow. Also I know spell check exists, but I've been studying hard for my finals and I'm thus brain dead
Old 04 Dec 2006, 18:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

The planet Skartha resides near the eye of terror. This blighted ball hovers just beyond the Cadian gate. Once it was a robust agri world; all three of its moons veritable gold mines. The closest moon was promethium rich, the middle riddled with veins of rare ores. The farthest moon is to this day a bastion of the Adeptus Mechanicus. In return for the world's protection the PDF and IG regiments raised on Skartha have always been traditionally very well equipped.

When the thirteenth Black Crusade burst from the Eye of Terror every Imperial Guard regiment from Skartha in the area returned to defend their Home World. They held against hordes of mutants and entire armadas of Traitor guardsmen. As the hostilities began their slow decline, the battered and torn the planet began to slowly rebuild.

This is when the Plague of Unbelief visited the people of Skartha on its pale horse. The populace when crazy, rioting and rebelling as the disease spread like wild fire. The Skarthan 5th responded by mobilizing in a great purge, massacreing the sick and the rioters, devestating the capitol, as they hunted out cells of resistence, burning the corpses of the fallen to stop their rebirth. The other regiments on planet followed their lead and in a three week long blood bath their world was cleansed.

As order was restored the commanding officers of the 5th Skartha regiment were dragged before the planetary Governor to answer for their brutality. Only the interference of the Puritan Inquisitor <Record Erased> kept them from being executed. Instead they were exiled from Skarthia, never to return, to remain on crusade until they have redeemed themselves. In shame every member of the 5th Skartha took their bayonets and gouged a scar beneathe their left eye. For this sign of despair and sadness as well as their sombre attitudes the 5th Skarthan Regiment they have been nicknamed "The Sorrow."

Old 04 Dec 2006, 21:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Any comments on the back story?
Old 05 Dec 2006, 20:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

None at all?