Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Armagedon army
Closed Thread
Old 01 Dec 2006, 01:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Armagedon army

Hi I'm almost done with my Eldar and love the Armagedon IG. I was wondering, is it worth it? What are they good against? No stats I don't have rulebook and it's against forum rules. ;D

Old 01 Dec 2006, 11:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Armagedon army

Armageddon Imperial Guard-referring to the Steel Legion?

Well, price wise, they're much more expensive then your normal guardsmen, as they're all metal models, and the army itself is mechanised, meaning you need quite a lot of Chimera, which is also expensive.

In the back of the Imperial Guard codex it lists what doctrines are used with Steel Legion, that should be pretty self explanatory.

If you want, you could use the models as regular Guardsmen.
Guardsmen are Guardsmen, there is no difference in the statline.
Old 01 Dec 2006, 19:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autarch Uthlanar
Hi I'm almost done with my eldar and love the armagedon IG. I was wondering, is it worth it? What are they good against? No stats I don't have rulebook and it's against forum rules. ;D
i think that most non-vanilla guard armies are purely a matter of personal taste. no army is 'good' at certain things and 'bad' at others as we have so many options for tricking out our forces. if you want an armageddon miniatures army but dont want to shell out for all the chims, just generate your own specific line of doctrines that suits your figures. I really like the armageddon guys too but, as has been mentioned they are all metal and quite expensive.

if you are going to go all the way with the mechanised force then capitalize on your chims. the infantry are just guardsmen... doesnt matter if they are cadians or valhallans or armageddonites... your army strength will be in excellent medium vehicles capable of making a wall of front armor side by side that infantry can hide behind, and well armed enough to take out anything but heavy infantry. you will need your anti-armor from somewhere else in your army tho because the biggest tankbuster mountable on a chim is a multilaser and that is hardly a threat to any real tank. other possibilities are keeping a squad inside the chim and firing your squad appointed lascannon or meltagun or missile launcher or whatever from the tophatch. risky, but it's an antitank vehicle with flexibility.
Old 02 Dec 2006, 01:22   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Uthlanar, you told me a short time ago that you wanted me to remind you that to STAY Eldar. Believe me when I say this. Plus, it's boring when there is TWO imperial Gaurd players. They may be different, but they're still EXTREMELY alike. I recommend staying Eldar for another TWO years. Bye and goodluck!
Old 02 Dec 2006, 11:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

...........Remember I said Make sure I don't change armies until I'm done with my eldar.........and you said you didn't care.......but sure I'll stick with eldar when you become tyranids,you brother becomes demon Hunters, and your other brother becomes DE. You know by christmas my army will be complete, didn't you? ( Sorry people this is just a misunderstanding, me and my friends would make sure we didn't switch armies until we were done with our original, he didn't know I was almost finished ;D

Old 02 Dec 2006, 12:18   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

ALMOST FINISHED!!!? You need to aim for a 2000 point army! Oh, and sorry for the reaction. But really, you need to stay Eldar for at least another year. Take it easy.
Old 02 Dec 2006, 12:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have 1500 right now

Old 04 Dec 2006, 20:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Actually 1768 pts, and I advice finishing your 600pt IG army before going tyraninds.and staying with IG for 2 years, I don't think not finishing armies is a good thing like you too.

Old 04 Dec 2006, 23:00   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hey guys,

This conversation can be easily done in a phone call, or by PM, you don't need to keep posting in this thread.
It's also known as spamming.
(I shouldn't be softening this post with a smiley, but I am)
Old 05 Dec 2006, 00:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Sorry for the spamm AfterCresent I will PM this and there will never be a problem like this again. (from me at least)

Closed Thread